Travel medical insurance

KevinCorr

I need 5 weeks medical insurance for Thailand traveling from the USA. I have Medicare at home which is no good outside the country. 

I see so many companies discussed, but most here is about expat residents of Thailand. 

I have looked at quotes from Pacific Prime Healthcare, $300 US for $50,000 coverage. Same price at HCI gives $1 million coverage. I have not heard back from Bupa or Cigna. I don't see Temp travel insurance on the Cigna website though. 

Any experience with this, recommendations? Thanks Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Travelinsured.com or even try Worldnomads.com(the age limit for this company is 70).  I am looking at both companies before I depart for Thailand.  Worldnomads.com even offers long term Travel Insurance(I even got a quote for 8 months).  The only two coverages  I am really concerned about is Medical Care and Medical Evacuation/Repatriation(In case of death).  Routine/Non Emergency Medical care is usually affordable in Thailand.

I bought travel insurance once. Read the fine print. I tried to make a claim and was told that I have to file claims with my two insurance companies in the USA prior to paying anything. I eventually gave up and are the medical charges. Total rip off in my opinion.

Archived