Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win

rooster59

I wonder if he knew that the guy he attacked was a prominent civil rights leader in the past. Probably not.

Nothing matters to the man baby if he's criticized. Do you really think he doesn't know Meryl Streep is a great actress for example? Don't judge him as if he's a normal adult.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

A merkin is a pubic hair wig . For some reason once they were used.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OK it was the Beavers that elected him... :cheesy:

He will be the fist US President to wear one on his head...

Edited by Basil B

Just goes to show (for the umpteenth time) what a petty and vindictive man Trump really is. He's like a schoolyard bully, can't take any form of criticism and has to lash out viciously when he feels he's being attacked. And this short-tempered excuse for a man is going to be the next president of the USA. What a joke!

Just now, Thaidream said:

He does have a short fuse. However, when one has the power to unleash nuclear weapons- we don't need  an angry person- we need someone who can control themselves. It's going to be a long 4 years.

If it makes it to 4 months I will eat my shorts.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

We agree on this. Lewis was out of line.

I do wish Trump wouldn't respond to every insult, but, on the other hand, president elect has ever been treated anything like this before. I can understand the frustration.

Trump's behavior got nothing to do with the way he's being "treated". He acted like that before he ran for office, during his campaigns, after winning the elections and will continue doing so after the inauguration. Unless you missed it, a lot of the flak he gets results from things he himself says. As for frustration, sort of comes with the territory, if he can't handle it - that's not a good sign. Can't recall Obama reacting in a similar fashion during all the time the birther thing was on.

17 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

He does have a short fuse. However, when one has the power to unleash nuclear weapons- we don't need  an angry person- we need someone who can control themselves. It's going to be a long 4 years.

Not if he has a fit with China and presses the nuclear button. Goodbye world.

SheungWan

Think what you like about my comment,but this next president,by his past and present actions and words has proved that he has absolutely no idea about procedure or protocol.He has already seemed to be reneging on certain promises that he has made.He has already been accused of making crass remarks about women and African Americans.One would expect a future,most powerful man in the free world to be groomed as to his behaviour and comments.It would seem to me that he will do what HE thinks to be right.He has already said that he knows more than the military.If this is the way he thinks,then i can see only problems for the USA in the future.I think that he will surreptitiously work his private business in with his presidency.I dont even think he will see the 4 years through.There may be an impeachment or an attempted assassination.He is the first president of his kind.And i fear he will not be a successful one.Only time will tell.So i suggest that you keep your comments to your self until time has gone by.And if i am wrong,i will be the first to apologise.And as for my education,it is probably better than your's.By the way,what country do you come from?

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Trump in the White House is like having an uneducated commoner on the throne of England.

Trump does not deserve to represent America and the American people. 

Trump cannot be the leader of the free world.

Trump can only be Trump. 

Trump can only be Trump. 

It's fit not to respect him but the power he will soon command deserves respect. That's why this is so tragic.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's fit not to respect him but the power he will soon command deserves respect. That's why this is so tragic.

If the illegitimate PEOTUS wants respect then he should step down from the Presidency right after he is sworn in and let someone that can handle it take over. He needs to realize that he is in way over his head. This way he can say he won, became President and then took the high road and stepped aside. If he did that, I (for one) would respect him.

3 minutes ago, Silurian said:

If the illegitimate PEOTUS wants respect then he should step down from the Presidency right after he is sworn in and let someone that can handle it take over. He needs to realize that he is in way over his head. This way he can say he won, became President and then took the high road and stepped aside. If he did that, I (for one) would respect him.

Don't hold your breath.  With his ego, he's bucking for King of the World.  :smile:

4 hours ago, nottocus said:

How dare he attack a black man that questions his legitimate win?

Doesnt he know that only black lives matter.

Birther Trump  questioned the legitimacy of a black president for years why shouldn't a black man question his?   is he too white for that?

John Lewis has a lot of nerve to call Trump an illegitimate President. John Lewis's Congressional district is a racially gerrymandered district created for people like him to easily win elections and assure a safe Democratic seat in the heavily Republican state of Georgia. Lewis wouldn't get elected dogcatcher in a more racially diverse or majority white district that reflects the cross-section of the US population as a whole. 

John Lewis's district in Atlanta is a cesspool with gang violence, poorly performing schools (despite receiving maximum federal funding), high teen pregnancy, majority single mother headed households, high drug use, high percentage of welfare recipients and low property values that few would ever want to move to. These are facts, nothing racist about it. 

It's not Donald Trump's fault that John Lewis can't handle the $h!t he dishes out.

Donald Trump won this election fair & square.

6 minutes ago, 3SoiDogNight said:

John Lewis has a lot of nerve to call Trump an illegitimate President. John Lewis's Congressional district is a racially gerrymandered district created for people like him to easily win elections and assure a safe Democratic seat in the heavily Republican state of Georgia. Lewis wouldn't get elected dogcatcher in a more racially diverse or majority white district that reflects the cross-section of the US population as a whole. 

That was quite a deplorable statement. You must be proud.

11 minutes ago, 3SoiDogNight said:

John Lewis's district in Atlanta is a cesspool with gang violence, poorly performing schools (despite receiving maximum federal funding), high teen pregnancy, majority single mother headed households, high drug use, high percentage of welfare recipients and low property values that few would ever want to move to. These are facts, nothing racist about it. 

It's not Donald Trump's fault that John Lewis can't handle the $h!t he dishes out.

Donald Trump won this election fair & square.

What is it about Trump followers that they have so much trouble distinguishing between fact and opinion?

1 minute ago, Slip said:

What is it about Trump followers that they have so much trouble distinguishing between fact and opinion?

Your attempting to change the discussion. The discussion is about an erroneous claim started by Congressman John Lewis against President elect Donald Trump. 

Has nothing to do with their supporters.

Since you brought it up, the anti-Trump crowds has a serious disconnect with facts. They're gone so far off the deep end that they're literally running on to highways and getting ran over by cars, attacking the disabled, dragging people from their cars and all sorts of sub-human behavior. I can't recall McCain or Romney supporters doing this after they lost.

Anyhow, back on topic.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What Ukrainian efforts? Sounds like classic Putin fake news, dude. 

"Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found. "

3 minutes ago, lostlink said:

"Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found. "

Thanks for the accurate information. A link to the news report.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

6 minutes ago, lostlink said:

Sounds very trivial.

Questioning trump's fitness for office.

That's hilarious!

Very few rational people think trump is fit for office.

Most foreign leaders feel the same way.

Read his twitter account ... he's a madman. 

Almost everyday. It's like we may as well call him the twitter troll president. 

It's really like we've entered BIZARRO world now.

People acting like this is a NORMAL situation, the ascension of the clown man baby trump to the most powerful office in the world is just another normal transfer of power ... not facing the reality.

John Lewis gets it. He's a HERO for being so bold about it. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds very trivial.

Only to Trump demonizers. They did the same thing as the Russians, but they preferred his opponent. This is the kind of propoganda that influenced Mr. Lewis into his unfortunate comments, but coming from his side.

6 hours ago, Opl said:

Trump can only be Trump. 

5 hours ago, Silurian said:

Deserving or ability has little to do with the appointment. Continuing in a Manchurian Candidate vein might hobble him though.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

Only to Trump demonizers. They did the same thing as the Russians, but they preferred his opponent. This is the kind of propoganda that influenced Mr. Lewis into his unfortunate comments, but coming from his side.

Your pushing a fantasy equivalency that is just not real. But I get it. Reality is irrelevant in trumplandia. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your pushing a fantasy equivalency that is just not real. But I get it. Reality is irrelevant in trumplandia. 

You denied that it is real, but were presented with evidence and are still continuing to deny it. It is not me living in Fantasy-land.

http://www.usapoliticstoday.com/ukrainian-trump-attempt-help-clinton/