Samui..Best Sunday roast.

I fancy a nice Sunday roast for a change.

I did a search on both Thaivisa and the internet. Most of the info seems outdated. The Shakespeare gets good write ups, but someone told me they are not doing them at the moment.

The Emerald Pub also gets good reviews. Any other recommendations?  Chaweng to Fishermans area. Maybe Maenam. North East of the island.

This was discussed at length within the last maybe 4 months but the search facility since the software downgrade does not seem to be very effective. Premier sports bar is up around your area and has a good name.

I don't eat them any longer because I cannot eat that much food in one sitting but there is a new Thai place near where the Lamai Sunday market sets up who does a half roast duck with all manner of trimmings which I can get for 325 Baht. If I'm going to go get that then I'd better get my skates on because they will start setting up said market at some stage and the road will be closed.

Edited by notmyself
Now feeling hungry

2 hours ago, notmyself said:

This was discussed at length within the last maybe 4 months but the search facility since the software downgrade does not seem to be very effective. Premier sports bar is up around your area and has a good name.

I don't eat them any longer because I cannot eat that much food in one sitting but there is a new Thai place near where the Lamai Sunday market sets up who does a half roast duck with all manner of trimmings which I can get for 325 Baht. If I'm going to go get that then I'd better get my skates on because they will start setting up said market at some stage and the road will be closed.

Thanks. I used the TV search facility, and it did show the Premier Sports Bar, but the last post it showed was dated 2013. That's why I said most info seemed outdated.

I gave up for today, but it will be worth keeping in mind for next Sunday.

Yes, Premier Bar does a nice roast. I also read about Shakespeare being closed, temporarily due to the last big rain. Black Duck in Chaweng up from Ice Bar on the right towards Ring Rd/Tescos also does a good roast as well. Enjoy 

No idea Jim.

To add to an earlier post about roast duck... I did take a picture of the place but for some reason it did not turn out though I did take one when I got home as it was a take out.

SAM_3655.JPG

The main sauce (top right) was a little too sweet for my liking. Also comes with a small bag of seasoning soy and a bag of sweet soy with chilli and garlic, a huge bag of clear soup (make from duck bones I guess) and a bag of vegetables. With my own cooked rice at home I'll get three meals out of it which is not bad for 325 Baht.

2 hours ago, notmyself said:

No idea Jim.

To add to an earlier post about roast duck... I did take a picture of the place but for some reason it did not turn out though I did take one when I got home as it was a take out.

SAM_3655.JPG

The main sauce (top right) was a little too sweet for my liking. Also comes with a small bag of seasoning soy and a bag of sweet soy with chilli and garlic, a huge bag of clear soup (make from duck bones I guess) and a bag of vegetables. With my own cooked rice at home I'll get three meals out of it which is not bad for 325 Baht.

325 Baht ! Not what is normally called a Sunday roast .  

3 meals ? 

2 minutes ago, churchill said:

325 Baht ! Not what is normally called a Sunday roast .  

3 meals ? 

It's roasted and it's Sunday lol

1/3 ish with a shedload of rice and the sweet sauce. Another 1/3 with rice or noodles tomorrow along with the huge bag of soup then strip the rest off of the bone and make a duck fried rice for dinner with the added vegetables.

I was right in that the clear soup was made from duck bones and whilst not exceptional, it was very very nice. I warmed it up and added the bag of veggies along with some others I had in the fridge, couple of good scoops of pre-cooked rice and a frankfurter I also hand hanging around. Polished off the whole lot and feel full as a surgeon's cat. So I've still 2/3 of the duck left which will do me for a noodle dish as late lunch and a basic duck fried rice for supper. Pretty good for 325 Baht I think and something I would certainly do again (minus the sweet sauce) in a month or so.

I wonder if the Mods can copy this thread (in some way) to the pinned food thread because otherwise this gets lost. Lost as in the search function for 'best roast' has been lost.

SAM_3657.JPG

SAM_3658.JPG