New Beach Space Rental Business

Banana7

Across the road from Hooters on Beach road, is a lovely shady spot on Pattaya Beach. Beautiful old growth trees with no beach chairs or umbrellas.   I sat on the curb watching the people for an hour and observed a new group of entrepreneurs who have moved onto this part of the beach. They put out bamboo mats on the beach and rent the mats and space to customers. Attached is a photo of occupied and unoccupied rental mats, red arrows. In total there about 10-15 mats. The photo with the red box contains 3 men who seem to be the mat area managers. The 2 guys standing report to the guy sitting in the blue chair. Yellow arrow indicates one of the persons who was setting-up the mats with stones, sweeping them clean, collects money and gives it to the managers.

Thais are very creative at creating money making businesses and exploiting public space!

IMG-20170115-00501s.jpg

IMG-20170115-00502sRing.jpg

Edited by Banana7

20 hours ago, Basil B said:

Army

I do not think it will be long before the Police ^^^ sort them out. :whistling:

It seems the authorities continue to have little or no interest in ensuring that rules, regulations and laws are followed, especially along the beach. The army needs to put in place, people in authority, who will take action to preserve and protect the beautiful parts of Pattaya, especially the beach area and ensure the public can enjoy and use the beach without paying vendors.

Edited by Banana7

Just now, digbeth said:

In the 'wild west' I suppose people can go to empty plot of land, stake their claim and defend it with force.... 

Just like the Pattaya beach. Once staked, then you can charge other people to sit on your staked claim.