Another Shooting Range Suicide In Pattaya

libya 115

Source: Thai language newspaper dated December 10th 2006

An American citizen aged 35 turned a gun on himself and died, in what appears to be suicide at a Pattaya shooting range on December 9th 2006.

Possible reasons cited in newspaper reports, is that he was depressed following recent hospital surgery.

An American citizen aged 35 turned a gun on himself and died, in what appears to be suicide at a Pattaya shooting range on December 9th 2006.

Possible reasons cited in newspaper reports, is that he was depressed following recent hospital surgery.

Very sad .....RIP

This is now 4 in the last 6 months. Perhaps this why it has only been repoted in the Thai language press.

There was a Brazilian on Koh Larn on Nov 23, A Frenchman on June 10th at Tiffany's, and 3 more during the first six months of 2006.

So a total of 6 now, to my knowledge.

Surely some sort of action should be taken by the shooting ranges here?

In the U.K. one needed a Doctors-note suggesting 'sanity and peace of mind' before obtaining a shotgun licence.

• 2 weeks later...

>Surely some sort of action should be taken by the shooting ranges here?

Tiffanys range will not (when I have visited) not allow you to shoot alone, you must have a friend with you. So suicde pacts are possible !

Ranges up country are less worried.

Tiffanys range will not (when I have visited) not allow you to shoot alone, you must have a friend with you. So suicde pacts are possible !

I am still puzzled, as to why that this suicide, was not reported in the English language newspapers. The Pattaya City News and Pattaya Mail failed to report the story.

However, I know for certain that 'if the price is right' news can evade the English language newspapers.

I have known now of two (2) suicides in apartment blocks where; although the suicide was reported, the actual apartment remained un-named.

I can only conclude that this shooting range managed to confine the report to Thai language newspapers only.

I wish that Mrs. Libya had kept the newspaper report and I could have posted it for Thai language readers.

What kind of surgery did he go in for, that would make him depressed enough to comitt suicide ? Penis enlargement ? Gender reassignment ? Sheesh, the guy was only 35 !

Maybe he went in to have an ingrown toe-nail removed, and they lopped off his most important parts by mistake ? :o

I am still puzzled, as to why that this suicide, was not reported in the English language newspapers. The Pattaya City News and Pattaya Mail failed to report the story.

However, I know for certain that 'if the price is right' news can evade the English language newspapers.

I have known now of two (2) suicides in apartment blocks where; although the suicide was reported, the actual apartment remained un-named.

I can only conclude that this shooting range managed to confine the report to Thai language newspapers only.

I wish that Mrs. Libya had kept the newspaper report and I could have posted it for Thai language readers.

Who is taking the bung for this, the newspapers?

I think the guys that commited suicide this way must have been pretty determined and if this avenue was closed would have tried another.

Some years ago a security guard ( female ) decided enough was enough and jumped off the top of the block of flats we were living in at the time. She missed my son by about a foot, and the noise of the impact was totally mind blowing ( certainly blew her's ).

Keep the ranges open.

Suicides - Not sure about you guys but on recient trips to Pattaya but I find on occasions the place has a eary creepy feeling, so much Debauchery has an effect on the ora of the place, dont get me wrong I love it there. But on occasions when I have been there and felt a little un happy or been hitting the beer hard and feeling a little of colour it always seams much worse when I am in Pty,

No suprise to me that these suicides are happening,

However very sad for those that are feeling that suicide is the only answer.

Rather than disrupting or closing businesses because people cant control themselves, why not consider starting a drop in centre or helpline for troubled Farangs

All said - Merry Christmas

Suicides - Not sure about you guys but on recient trips to Pattaya but I find on occasions the place has a eary creepy feeling, so much Debauchery has an effect on the ora of the place, dont get me wrong I love it there. But on occasions when I have been there and felt a little un happy or been hitting the beer hard and feeling a little of colour it always seams much worse when I am in Pty,

No suprise to me that these suicides are happening,

However very sad for those that are feeling that suicide is the only answer.

Rather than disrupting or closing businesses because people cant control themselves, why not consider starting a drop in centre or helpline for troubled Farangs

All said - Merry Christmas

How does one go about starting such a center? Who will man it? How much time would one give? How much time would these depressed people need? How 'clingy' would they turn out to be? How much guilt would volunteers feel if they couldn't help and guy suicides?

This is a job for professionals.

It is very sad that these people feel suicide is the only answer. I have heard that one reason suicides occur here because they run out of money and, presumably, relatives and friends 'back home' cannot/will not help.

I know one case where the guy has been on drugs and booze for years. Periodically, at taxpayers expense he is admitted to dry out. Then he should go to rehab. He refuses rehab. All he really wants is for Mum and Dad (in their 70s) to take him back home where he can lie on sofa all day and be nasty and threaten suicide if he doesn't get drink and cigarettes. They won't do it, so he is in an apartment with no electricity or water.

This, of course, is a worst case. Perhaps the guys who suicided here could have been helped with a little bit of TLC.

But I, as a non-professional, would hesitate to get involved.

This is now 4 in the last 6 months. Perhaps this why it has only been repoted in the Thai language press.

There was a Brazilian on Koh Larn on Nov 23, A Frenchman on June 10th at Tiffany's, and 3 more during the first six months of 2006.

In the U.K. one needed a Doctors-note suggesting 'sanity and peace of mind' before obtaining a shotgun licence.

Yeah right, let's turn Thailand into the UK where you need a licence for everything. Let's also put cameras up everywhere etc etc.

Life is risky. People have accidents. People shoot themselves. That's life.

If you want to ban things or make people get a licence or Doctors certificate to do any activities that may be harmful to them you're in the wrong continent.

Please,please, go home and stay there.

• 2 years later...

Yeah right, let's turn Thailand into the UK where you need a licence for everything. Let's also put cameras up everywhere etc etc.

Life is risky. People have accidents. People shoot themselves. That's life.

If you want to ban things or make people get a licence or Doctors certificate to do any activities that may be harmful to them you're in the wrong continent.

Please,please, go home and stay there.

Actually Thailand gun laws are pretty strict and stringent as it is. No farang can legally own a gun and as far as aThai citizen who wants to own(a gun), the process is really very difficult. But I am really wondering why go to a gunrange to kill yourself?? why not in the privacy of your own company. WHy scar others?? That is very disturbing. and not to mention THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED INCIDENT!!! Something fishy is going here...