Suvarnabhumi security guard finds abandoned suitcase full of cash

webfact

Suvarnabhumi security guard found abandoned suitcase full of cash

By Coconuts Bangkok

cash_5.jpg

Photo: FM91

BANGKOK: -- We usually hear stories about people forgetting a suitcase full of cash in a taxi, but this time someone just forgot stacks of cash right in the airport.

A security guard at Suvarnabhumi Airport found an abandoned suitcase containing cash in four different currencies that totaled THB1 million on Saturday.

A female security guard, Prayoon Thamphakdee, reported a suspicious suitcase left on a bench in a domestic baggage reclaim area. EOD officers were deployed to inspect the suitcase, but to their surprise, the suitcase was full of cash.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/16/suvarnabhumi-security-guard-found-abandoned-suitcase-full-cash

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-01-16

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Where can I report a temporary lapse in memory and claim my property. I have even forgotten how much was in the suitcase

"Cash in four different currencies that totaled THB1 million."  Now you should be able to claim it.  No problem.

On 1/16/2017 at 4:40 PM, hobobo said:

Finders keepers?

It would be very interesting to hear who really ends up with it. I am sure that they will tell her that unfortunately she will not be entitled to it as there will be a very long ongoing investigation.

Not sure how the rightful owner would be able to prove it's his/hers though. The first 20k usd would be legal to enter with. But not sure of what kind of issues the extra 15k would cause. Anyone care to elaborate?