American Gets Beaten Playing Hero in Bar Domestic

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

They are joking about the police pursuing the attacker. They won't lift a finger unless there was a weapon involved, property damage or unless he goes into a coma.

or social media risks damage to the reputation of Thailand.....

9 minutes ago, mikecha said:

as  always here\

stay alert stay alive  

mind your own business   mind your dollars   pay as you go .

next time mate think twice and walk away   then u not battered  

Being the same age as 'Bob' my first concern would be to make sure my beer wasn't going to get knocked over.

6 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Your supposition is a mile off, as usual, as you would know if you bothered to read the report (or not ignore what it actually said).

it said, " . . . the victim was a regular customer . . . "  Perhaps that is what made him think Bob lived there.

Toenail

Its sad that you thought that way,but you are right.

I had a sister (deceased now) who married a drunk good for nothing football thug.One day she appeared at my door with all sorts of marks.I loved my sister and i was so incensed,that i drove down to this <deleted> house.I knocked on his door and pulled him out on to the front lawn.I hit him with every thing,even the dustbin.My last words were that if he ever laid a hand on my sister again,i would kill him.2 hours later,i got a phone call from my sister calling me all the sadistic cowsons under the sun and what had i done to her husband.

That was it,never again.I never spoke to her again.She died of cancer when she was 57 and i regret every day. I can still, never forgive myself.

Several months ago, I was in one of my favorite bars when a Thai man started beating on one of the girls. I intervened and the Thai guy pulled a knife on me. I grabbed a bar stool to defend myself. However, the other girls in the bar protected me and beat the sucker with beer bottles and a broom stick. Then the girls called in the local moto-taxi boys and they finished him off.  

Was I lucky, yeah. Was it a stupid thing to do, yeah. But, the girl was a friend of mine; I stand up for my friends.

4 hours ago, TSF said:

I learned a long time ago, what's going on with Thais is not my business, nothing to do with me at all, I don't care what they do to each other, couldn't give a damn if a Thai kicks his missis down the road. I've been told a zillion times this is not my country, I'm only a "guest" in the country. So be it.

So you go around thinking you are a guest? I have a visa, and a damn right to be here.

2 hours ago, TSF said:

No it wasn't. It was the dumbest thing to do. While courageous and decent Bob is currently in hospital wrapped in bandages and possibly fighting for his life, the Thai man and his tirak are curled up in bed making love. What Bob failed to recognize is most of these Thais are still savages, but very deceptive savages. If Bob was up in the highlands of New Guinea and he saw a geezer with a bone through his nose and peacock feathers in his hat Bob would immediately identify that geezer as an uncivilized savage and steer clear of him. If the New Guinea savage was thumping his missis Bob would not intervene because he knows the savage would try kill him. But Bob was in Thailand and he sees the Thai man wearing civilized clothes and he doesn't have a bone through his nose, so Bob identifies the Thai man as a civilized man. So courageous and decent Bob intervened and the Thai savage put him in hospital. And now the Thai savage and his whore are in bed having a ball and Bob is in hospital. 

You are a bit harsh and I probably have a nicer/more naïve view of Thais than you but boiled down you are right. It is best not to interfere but I think Bob was a decent guy doing the decent thing and should be lauded for at least attempting to break it up.

I think you would agree it is sad to see him in the position he is in.

What? An angry Thai guy kicked a person who was already down on the ground?? Say it ain't true!! lol

I feel for the farang guy who just just trying to do the right thing, but the first lesson everybody needs to learn is to keep TF away from any quarrel, no matter what. Just way too easy to get knifed, shot, or gang killed for making a loser dude lose face by being schooled by a farang. 

18 hours ago, Basil B said:

One way to unite a couple having a domestic... intervene and the next thing both are trying to kill you...

This is not just a Thai thing, it happens all around the world, better off doing what others do ...pull out your phone and video it. :tongue:

If there was a large fire extinguisher available ...I would prefer to use that....lol

20 hours ago, toenail said:

Once as I was walking along a street in Pattaya, I witnessed an argument between a Thai couple (mid 20's). The young man started to hit the gal and I wanted to intervene (no man should be hitting a lady in my eyes) but I thought...what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? --Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country. (and my feeling is...let the  locals intervene-but I am sure they would only stand and take selfies with the beaten up lady).

"Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country" So in your own country you are not afraid for "what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? " sounds like bull to me, you are either afraid or you are not .

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Even in your country (every country) cops are reluctant to intervene in domestic incidents because both parties can turn on you. 

Excuse me, but what "every country" are you thinking of...

Edited by Rimmer

When I read the responses, from people that have intervened or not in a female being hit by a male--its worth stating that this wasn't the case here, lady was just in an argument with her husband;

Nars Moolpraset, told police that the victim was a regular customer who had tried to intervene in a heated argument between a bar waitress and her ex-husband

I don't know the Pattaya bar, but it is a possibility that the waitresses there do a little more than just that. Maybe this is known--maybe he (Husband) was upset about this.

I know the Farrang bar owner took his (Bob's) side saying

The foreigner known only as Bob, tried to prevent the husband attacking the girl provoking the ex-husband to turn on him instead,

But how was he to know that he was about to attack his wife---to that point there was no "Reported" violence between the Husband & wife--I think "Bob" was wrong to interfere in a marriage argument---if anything the bar owner should have just shouted---"You two-Take it outside" 

On 1/17/2017 at 1:33 PM, toenail said:

Once as I was walking along a street in Pattaya, I witnessed an argument between a Thai couple (mid 20's). The young man started to hit the gal and I wanted to intervene (no man should be hitting a lady in my eyes) but I thought...what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? --Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country. (and my feeling is...let the  locals intervene-but I am sure they would only stand and take selfies with the beaten up lady).

I think you acted wise, don't think you have to act different in this country. In us it would not be wise to interfere with fighting people you never know when the gun or knife comes out.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:56 AM, TSF said:

No it wasn't. It was the dumbest thing to do. While courageous and decent Bob is currently in hospital wrapped in bandages and possibly fighting for his life, the Thai man and his tirak are curled up in bed making love. What Bob failed to recognize is most of these Thais are still savages, but very deceptive savages. If Bob was up in the highlands of New Guinea and he saw a geezer with a bone through his nose and peacock feathers in his hat Bob would immediately identify that geezer as an uncivilized savage and steer clear of him. If the New Guinea savage was thumping his missis Bob would not intervene because he knows the savage would try kill him. But Bob was in Thailand and he sees the Thai man wearing civilized clothes and he doesn't have a bone through his nose, so Bob identifies the Thai man as a civilized man. So courageous and decent Bob intervened and the Thai savage put him in hospital. And now the Thai savage and his whore are in bed having a ball and Bob is in hospital. 

Is a very good analogy as i have done a BOB as well.as it was taught to me as well but i struggle to pass by when this occurs but your example is vaild...almost like wolves in sheeps clothing...the image is not always the reality it seems..

On 1/17/2017 at 8:29 AM, mikecha said:

as  always here\

stay alert stay alive  

mind your own business   mind your dollars   pay as you go .

next time mate think twice and walk away   then u not battered  

agreed--i have to work on minding my business as the scammers peev me offf:wai: