TAT sees big things for Bali Hai

Rimmer

TAT sees big things for Bali Hai

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is looking with fresh eyes at Bali Hai Pier following the launch of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service.

PATTAYA:-- The Tourism Authority of Thailand is looking with fresh eyes at Bali Hai Pier following the launch of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service, saying an upgraded jetty could become the centerpiece of the city’s tourism industry.

TAT Pattaya Office Director Suladda Sarutilavan said Jan. 12 that the agency welcomed investment and development of the pier, which currently handles about 10,000 people a day – a number that could double with full-scale operation of the ferry.

Bali Hai already is buzzing with Koh Larn tourists, with piers and floating docks jammed from 8-9 a.m., 12-2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m.

Now that Pattaya is connected by water to Hua Hin, another popular tourist destination, city officials are making development plans to respond to the new market that has opened up, she said.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/tat-sees-big-things-bali-hai-161972

PATTAYA MAIL 2017-01-20

Is it really a major market with just one boat to Hua Hin per day on a service that hasn't even started properly nor proved itself to be profitable? Any number of boats; hundreds; take passengers to Koh Lahn from Pattaya and Jomtien beaches. It looks like a case of putting the cart before the horse.

I want to tell myself, "think positive" but I have not seen any city or government projects carried out to the best level as predicted. So much potential... even if the "authorities" (whoever they are) renovated Bali Hai pier, it would generally start falling apart because of no annually maintenance (not in Thai's thinking- build something flashy then let it fall apart during a decade or two...)

Walking along the Beach Road promenade after dinner last night. Half of the towering beach spot lights (and a few street lights) are not working. You can bet the CCTV cameras are not working...and if they are, no use in having them if the place is not lit up. And I do not need to mention the brick walkway already falling apart or the junk the vendors leave along the side.  This place has a lot of potential to look better if it had better management. Management of the city needs to be out-sourced to a company.

Edited by toenail

"...TAT looking with fresh eyes at Bali Hai Pier following launch of Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service..."

count_chickens.png

Sort of like counting your chickens before they hatch. The yokels risk their fresh eyes being blinded by the egg on their faces if this ferry service "goes under".

8 hours ago, toenail said:

I want to tell myself, "think positive" but I have not seen any city or government projects carried out to the best level as predicted. So much potential... even if the "authorities" (whoever they are) renovated Bali Hai pier, it would generally start falling apart because of no annually maintenance (not in Thai's thinking- build something flashy then let it fall apart during a decade or two...)

Walking along the Beach Road promenade after dinner last night. Half of the towering beach spot lights (and a few street lights) are not working. You can bet the CCTV cameras are not working...and if they are, no use in having them if the place is not lit up. And I do not need to mention the brick walkway already falling apart or the junk the vendors leave along the side.  This place has a lot of potential to look better if it had better management. Management of the city needs to be out-sourced to a company.

Walking Street is gonna be bulldozed down soon.

Remember where u read this when it happens.  ?

4 hours ago, newnative said:

All well and good but the first thing that needs to be done is getting work started again on Waterfront so there's not a huge, unfinished building as your backdrop.

No change there then, it's been like that for last 7 yrs or so.

On Off, On Off

TAT see's big things around every corner, she is very good at her job only problem is It's bull's rear end stuff most of the time

Her outlook in life is stick another couple of noughts on the end no one will notice except the all Thai people who will be paying tax very soon

On 1/20/2017 at 11:32 AM, Rimmer said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is looking with fresh eyes at Bali Hai Pier following the launch of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service, saying an upgraded jetty could become the centerpiece of the city’s tourism industry.

Give it time. It won't take that long to become the centrepiece of ferry overcrowding.

11 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

10,000 people per day will become 20,000 per day once a 150 people ferry will be in full operation!!

I wasn't a star in science and maths, but this is a real challenge of Archimedes' law of gravity. 

Or, as Isaac Newton said "EUREKA":shock1:

On 20/01/2017 at 0:55 PM, toenail said:

Outsourcing to a Thai company will make no difference. Its cultural thats all.