Russian woman, 29, dies 3 days after being hit by motorbike when crossing Phuket road

Jonathan Fairfield

Russian woman, 29, dies 3 days after being hit by motorbike when crossing Phuket road
Yutthawat Lekmak

1484907457_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A 29-year-old Russian woman died in Vachira Phuket Hospital on Monday (Jan 16) three days after she was hit by a motorbike when crossing the road in Karon.

Col Weerayut Thansirisookworakun of the Karon Police was informed of a road accident in front of the Onn Lee restaurant on Patak Rd at 10pm on Jan 13.

Col Weerayut together with Kusoldham rescue workers arrived at the scene to find an unresponsive woman lying in the road.

The woman, later named as Liudmila Griaznova, 29, from Russia, had suffered serious injuries and was taken to Vachira Hospital Phuket

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-woman-29-dies-3-days-after-being-hit-by-motorbike-when-crossing-phuket-road-60708.php#VMbW20HyobsmTHpv.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-20

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Did the iphone survive ? I've seen so many, mostly women, glued to their iphones when crossing the road.

Yep, blame the victim.  More likely that the bike rider was on their iPhone and drunk as well.

I can make dumb comments too!

15 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yep, blame the victim.  More likely that the bike rider was on their iPhone and drunk as well.

I can make dumb comments too!

both scenarios are possible, i cant see how one could be hit by a motorbike on a long straight road if you are paying attention to your surroundings.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

both scenarios are possible, i cant see how one could be hit by a motorbike on a long straight road if you are paying attention to your surroundings.

Would be possible if e.g. motorbike was overtaking a tuktuk that had stopped to unload some passengers. Or she used a zebra crossing (there are few on that road) and presumed the bike would stop.

I see it on beach Rd Pattaya all the time as well, bike pops out behind tuk Tuk with riders head down low to minimize drag and throttle twisted to the maximum.. It's so sudden that if it happens you just got to not move in case you both go in the wrong direction.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, mcfish said:

I see it on beach Rd Pattaya all the time as well, bike pops out behind tuk Tuk with riders head down low to minimize drag and throttle twisted to the maximum.. It's so sudden that if it happens you just got to not move in case you both go in the wrong direction.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

While silently whispering, ''The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want.....''

On 1/21/2017 at 8:41 PM, SOTIRIOS said:

....horrific....was this even reported when it happened....???

...and no word about the driver...???

...gotta wonder....

The trick is to read the FULL article-  "The driver, identified as Somsak Nom-Muang, 41, was charged with reckless driving causing death, Col Weerayut said. "