Wife cousin is army recruiter

honoluludave

12 hours ago, evadgib said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that luk kruengs cannot volunteer despite being eligible for conscription?

Never heard of that rumour and I would say if 50% Thai and speak the lingo they can volunteer yes.

A friend who had a boy from a UK guy let the father take the boy to Holland where works with his father which was a way of avoiding conscription.

1 hour ago, Exnavy said:

The Thai Army would be way down the list as a career, in my eyes. Dig out a couple of video posts seen regularly on social media sights, where army 'training' of recruits is shown to be carried out by several NCOs on one recruit, using canes and boots. Show him these videos. He'll never want to join the animals in the Thai Army after seeing them! 

Unless the parents see that he takes the avoidance routes he may not have any choice.

4 hours ago, honoluludave said:

Thanks for the information. I did not know about the age range. I had thought that it was 18. We really do have couple of years before we have to be concerned with this

All l would suggest is if he does not want to be in the Thai army get him to go to army classes and keep him carrying on with education.

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never heard of that rumour and I would say if 50% Thai and speak the lingo they can volunteer yes.

A friend who had a boy from a UK guy let the father take the boy to Holland where works with his father which was a way of avoiding conscription.

Mine will be in a proper Army on a decent wage in due course :)

Different places, different times.

I started Univesity, but I was lazy and dropped out.

This was in the U.S.

I joined the U.S. army and took an Electronics course with them.

My career became an electronic technician and repairman.

Radios, sattelite systems, and finally computers.

That was my career for over 40 years.

Your future is all up to you.

But first, finish school.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't understand this?

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

All l would suggest is if he does not want to be in the Thai army get him to go to army classes and keep him carrying on with education.

He is in some kind of ROTC at school. Did not know that these classes could be used to avoid the draft. Once again thanks for the info