British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, gigman said:

Cause of some gang members disagreement...

I do not believe they kill him in act of jealousy of his car...

"you fighting with the sword and die with the sword"

I agree with the disagreement part but in gansterism (not a word? OK crime then) spilling blood is always bad for business. It does serve to  limit the competition and make the profit pool smaller ergo a bigger share for the survivors. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, amjamj said:

I am still worried for the wife !

Yes me to but it is hard to determine what she did or did not know in respect to her husbands business dealings. Maybe I have watched to much TV but its hard to cover up criminal activities in a family setting. 

8 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes me to but it is hard to determine what she did or did not know in respect to her husbands business dealings. Maybe I have watched to much TV but its hard to cover up criminal activities in a family setting. 

If her English is reasonable then she must have known what he was up to. How else could he explain all the continuing wealth. Honey we won the lottery again and again and again......

10 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

On 2017-01-25 at 8:12 AM, Raymonddiaz said:

if you want to be killed  in Thailand you need to:

1.not date someone's girl friend or wife.

2.not to get involve in Thai mafia.

3.not to get mad a Thai driver.

4. not making a Thai lose his face.

5. etc....

RIP fellow ....so young to die...

Most   Thais behave like animals and they are not able to control their emotions.

A: Why did you kill him?

Thai: Because i was angry but let me tell the corpse sorry.

you forgot: "renting a room with a balcony"...

16 minutes ago, localczar said:

you forgot: "renting a room with a balcony"...

Yes you gave a brief outline I am sure there are many more. Your living in a different culture with different values and brain wiring so be prepared for a lightning strike out of no where. No man is an island unto himself today. 

Beyond the restatement that the RTP haven't requested assistance from their Cambodian counterparts, one of Pattaya's English language radio station's reports today that several local foreigners including a bar owner have been brought in for questioning as well as several foreign employees of said bar passed to Immigration for sending home. It also reported the victim was cremated last Monday.

I haven't seen any other links or references to this anywhere including the aforementioned radio stations website where their latest posted news is from last summer. Anyone seen anything?

26 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Seems like his high ranking mates want him swept under the carpet .... to think of all wasted money he conned out of the gullible then he himself got conned by a THai cop and his protection racket .... it's a funny old world .

Not quite. It appears fresh news is out there (on radio) but somehow being overlooked by the TV newsroom?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Beyond the restatement that the RTP haven't requested assistance from their Cambodian counterparts, one of Pattaya's English language radio station's reports today that several local foreigners including a bar owner have been brought in for questioning as well as several foreign employees of said bar passed to Immigration for sending home. It also reported the victim was cremated last Monday.

I haven't seen any other links or references to this anywhere including the aforementioned radio stations website where their latest posted news is from last summer. Anyone seen anything?

It's strange that this story has turned cold, and even stranger that the RTP have not requested the extradition of the two suspects from Cambodia? 

Someone on here (possibly on another related thread) speculated that the report about not requesting extradition may be a ruse to flush them out into the open in Cambodia. With contacts in Cambodia these guys could go underground for a few months, but it would be difficult to sustain that. 

Interesting story, I wonder what the next chapter will bring?

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There has been almost zero articles on this for nearly a week now. This one gives a bit more info on Caldeira. 

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/thai-murder-suspect-has-ties-to-cambodia-124384/

Other than that, I noticed that one of Kenway's friends (the guy with the black Audi) disappeared from Facebook. Another, who appears to have been Kenway's best man, removed a photo of himself with Kenway and half a dozen others in a bar. Make of that what you will. 

Facebook must be a godsend for the police. It's hard to imagine them designing a better system themselves. They've got your friends list, check-ins, likes and photos of that you new car you've just bought. All organised in a easy to digest timeline format. It's also surprising how many people roll with the default (public) visibility settings. It's hard not to laugh at Caldeira's post "Stay low key, not everyone needs to know everything about you". The irony of posting this on Facebook seems lost on him. It's even funnier now that this post is full of comments from random strangers across the globe kindly reminding him about his upcoming stay at the Bangkok Hilton.  

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

It's strange that this story has turned cold, and even stranger that the RTP have not requested the extradition of the two suspects from Cambodia? 

Someone on here (possibly on another related thread) speculated that the report about not requesting extradition may be a ruse to flush them out into the open in Cambodia. With contacts in Cambodia these guys could go underground for a few months, but it would be difficult to sustain that. 

Interesting story, I wonder what the next chapter will bring?

It hasn't gone totally cold. I listened again to the Pattaya local radio station news and it also mentions the gun has been found as well as saying that the Cambodian police have been requested to assist. Correction on my earlier post re- bar owner; it's a foreign restaurant owner that's under investigation and the foreign staff of said restaurant that have been booted out. Anyone know which that has had a sudden change (or loss) of staff?

35 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

TV means ThaiVisa where both local and international news forums are hosted. The radio news I speak of is local to Pattaya.

Sorry what I meant by that is television could be seen internationally (damage limitation on tourism).where as radio is a lot more localised . 

40 minutes ago, balo said:

I hope the Cambodian police will do their own investigation if RTP suddenly does not want to follow the lead. 

Sometimes I get the indication that the 2 police forces are joined at the  hip. Neither on is overly ambitious in solving anything great at going through the motions though. 

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It hasn't gone totally cold. I listened again to the Pattaya local radio station news and it also mentions the gun has been found as well as saying that the Cambodian police have been requested to assist. Correction on my earlier post re- bar owner; it's a foreign restaurant owner that's under investigation and the foreign staff of said restaurant that have been booted out. Anyone know which that has had a sudden change (or loss) of staff?

The gun has been found? These guys travelled from Pattaya to the Cambodian border, and couldn't find a suitable place to bury a murder weapon? 

I dont profess to have any experience or expertise on these matters but these guys are the dumbest hit men on Earth. 

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The gun has been found? These guys travelled from Pattaya to the Cambodian border, and couldn't find a suitable place to bury a murder weapon? 

I dont profess to have any experience or expertise on these matters but these guys are the dumbest hit men on Earth. 

If they had the gun with them on the ride to Trat the driver would be able to say where they had stopped along the way.

39 minutes ago, pegman said:

If they had the gun with them on the ride to Trat the driver would be able to say where they had stopped along the way.

They could have prepared a burial plot a short ride from the scene of the crime ... it would not be that difficult to do before they met the driver. Having a driver also struck me as a bit dumb. 

11 hours ago, balo said:

I hope the Cambodian police will do their own investigation if RTP suddenly does not want to follow the lead. 

Unless and until a reward is offered for the capture of the two suspects, nothing will be done in Cambodia. They don't have the time or resources anyhow. This matter is over and done with. One deceased farang, the Thai's trying to figure out how to get his money, houses, and cars. 

3 hours ago, pegman said:

And then what, search the surround area and dumpsters? I think you guys overstate the interest in apprehending these suspects. Most of the focus as I say will be on the money and who gets it. 

6 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

And then what, search the surround area and dumpsters? I think you guys overstate the interest in apprehending these suspects. Most of the focus as I say will be on the money and who gets it. 

Come on Jerry, your not keeping up with the latest. There was a report that the gun had been found and this was speculation on how it was found.

Archived