Israel plans 2,500 new West Bank settlement homes

webfact

Israel plans 2,500 new West Bank settlement homes

606x341_355883.jpg

JERUSALEM: -- Israel has announced plans for 2,500 more settlement homes in the occupied West Bank. It’s the second such declaration since US President Donald Trump took office indicating he would be more tolerant of such projects than his predecessor.

The Israeli Defence Ministry says most will be in existing settlement blocs and are designed to meet the demand for new housing.

Earlier Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he was lifting restrictions as approval was given for hundreds of new homes.

The Palestinians have condemned the move. The Palestinian Authority said the construction plan was a “deliberate provocation”.

“The Israeli declaration of 2,500 new settlement units in the Occupied Territories is nothing but a declaration of war on peace, a declaration of war on (the) two-state solution. This means that the Israeli government is determined to violate international law and the most recent resolution of United Nation Security Council 2334,” said Mustafa Barghouti of the PLO executive committee.

Earlier this month the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported that Donald Trump’s son-in-law has funded one of the settlements that is to receive new homes.

Jared Kushner has been cleared to serve as a White House adviser. The president said in an interview with the Times that he wanted him to work on the Middle East.

Israel’s defence ministry says 100 homes will be built in Beit El. Trump’s nominee to be US ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, has served as president of a fundraising group for the settlement.

The European Union has joined international condemnation of Israel’s announcement, saying in a statement that it seriously undermines the prospects for a viable two-state solution.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-25

No comment ...

Our neighbour here in Thailand has a lot of land he does not use , ( just some farming ...) , I think we will just occupy it , built a house and tell him to f..ck off ...

If he dares to throw some stones at us , we will pay a killer to finish with that story ... right ?

Edited by pumpuy

2 hours ago, pumpuy said:

No comment ...

Our neighbour here in Thailand has a lot of land he does not use , ( just some farming ...) , I think we will just occupy it , built a house and tell him to f..ck off ...

If he dares to throw some stones at us , we will pay a killer to finish with that story ... right ?

Right, and if that neighbor and his many millions cousins have been for generations trying to kill  you and your family burn your house and expel you, you too, would have done  what the Israelis must do to protect themselves, Just so you know, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would have been much, much worse to be a Jew/Israeli under an Arab occupation....

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Right, and if that neighbor and his many millions cousins have been for generations trying to kill

you and your family burn your house and expel you, you too, would have done

what the Israelis must do to protect themselves,

Just so you know, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would have been much, much

worse to be a Jew/Israeli under an Arab occupation....

YES , of course I understand that the jewish people suffered a lot in the past .  But that act , to allow the construction of 2500 homes on occupied land , is NOT protection , but aggression .

Israel has a damn right to exist , no question about this , but stop at your borders , or do you want kind of a " Great Israel " that annexes all of Poland , sorry , I mean Gaza ....

It would be good to stop digging up the graves of the past , and start growing the seeds of a peaceful , secure future ... it can be done , even if the Israelis do not seem to know how ...

Edited by pumpuy

58 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

YES , of course I understand that the jewish people suffered a lot in the past .

But that act , to allow the construction of 2500 homes on occupied land , is NOT protection , but aggression .

Israel has a damn right to exist , no question about this , but stop at your borders , or do you want kind of a " Great Israel " that annexes all of Poland , sorry , I mean Gaza ....

All good points.

The Zionists will never stop at their internationally recognized 1967 borders.

What they want is Eretz Israel , but they will soon be facing their worst nightmare - 6 million native Palestinians demanding equal rights in their homeland with the rest of the world looking on and full scale international BDS beckoning if they choose the South African apartheid option.

Israel building homes 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Right, and if that neighbor and his many millions cousins have been for generations trying to kill

you and your family burn your house and expel you, you too, would have done

what the Israelis must do to protect themselves,

Just so you know, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would have been much, much

worse to be a Jew/Israeli under an Arab occupation....

Its the Israeli's who have been killing Palestinians, burning their homes, stealing their land since 1948.  To continually claim that the Palestinian's have no right to this land is preposterous.  

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Right, and if that neighbor and his many millions cousins have been for generations trying to kill  you and your family burn your house and expel you, you too, would have done  what the Israelis must do to protect themselves, Just so you know, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would have been much, much worse to be a Jew/Israeli under an Arab occupation....

It's not the Israelis house. They have stolen it from the Palestinians as well as the land . They have every right to expelL them.  If the Israelis were not there in the first place and had not siezed Palestinian land and built houses on it there would be no problems at all.

" Earlier this month the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported that Donald Trump’s son-in-law has funded one of the settlements that is to receive new homes.  "

that's a shame because when Donald Trump said in one of his speeches last week if Jared Kushner couldn't bring peace to the Middle East no one could. But now we know with this revelation he will hardly be able to look at things objectively and impartially.:sad:

Edited by Asiantravel

6 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

" Earlier this month the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported that Donald Trump’s son-in-law has funded one of the settlements that is to receive new homes.  "

that's a shame because when Donald Trump said in one of his speeches last week if Jared Kushner couldn't bring peace to the Middle East no one could. But now we know with this revelation he will hardly be able to look at things objectively and impartially.:sad:

Yes, it's no secret. USA Israel foreign policy has made a RADICAL turn to the FAR RIGHT. trump's ambassador to Israel is to the RIGHT of Netanyahu. How this new policy will help bring about a peaceful two state solution negotiation is not something I can even imagine. 

To add, my personal feeling is that picking Kusher that has no experience whatsoever in foreign relations just because he's family, an Orthodox Jew, and has been to Israel before is ethically and rationally wrong. You're supposed pick QUALIFIED people based on merit. I don't doubt that Kushner is a bright young man, that isn't the point. He just has no qualifications for this role. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, gamini said:

It's not the Israelis house. They have stolen it from the Palestinians as well as the land . They have every right to expelL them.  If the Israelis were not there in the first place and had not siezed Palestinian land and built houses on it there would be no problems at all.

A Prickly one indeed.... especially as palistine isn't recognized by the US, so they therefore have no rights, in the eyes of the US, and some of the other first world countries.

but who stole from whom?

post World War Two boundaries have been stipulated or manipulated by meddling foreign governments, for their own agenda.

heres how it should be.

IMG_3355.PNG

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it's no secret. USA Israel foreign policy has made a RADICAL turn to the FAR RIGHT. trump's ambassador to Israel is to the RIGHT of Netanyahu. How this new policy will help bring about a peaceful two state solution negotiation is not something I can even imagine. 

To add, my personal feeling is that picking Kusher that has no experience whatsoever in foreign relations just because he's family, an Orthodox Jew, and has been to Israel before is ethically and rationally wrong. You're supposed pick QUALIFIED people based on merit. I don't doubt that Kushner is a bright young man, that isn't the point. He just has no qualifications for this role. 

I am more concerned about a blatant and unethical conflict of interest than lack of experience.

Whether he is Trump’s son-in-law or not I don’t see how as senior adviser to the President he should be allowed to give advice which will obviously be severely tainted by personal financial gain.

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

A Prickly one indeed.... especially as palistine isn't recognized by the US, so they therefore have no rights, in the eyes of the US, and some of the other first world countries.

but who stole from whom?

post World War Two boundaries have been stipulated or manipulated by meddling foreign governments, for their own agenda.

heres how it should be.

IMG_3355.PNG

Your ancient map is all a bit silly and irrelevant as far as two peoples co-existing in peace in the 21st Century.

According to your map, Palestinians ought to own Ben Gurion airport. Should Israel give that back to its rightful owners then?

Lets be realistic and look to the future, and not ancient history.

19 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Your ancient map is all a bit silly and irrelevant as far as two peoples co-existing in peace in the 21st Century.

According to your map, Palestinians ought to own Ben Gurion airport. Should Israel give that back to its rightful owners then?

Lets be realistic and look to the future, and not ancient history.

But they are not co existing peacefully, are they?

as to the ancient map... old Israel, Judah, and the philistine state, would realistically constitute modern Israel, so Ben gurien is fine where it is.

as to relevance, it demonstrates that borders are continually shifting, so why should the isrealies give a toss about borders forced on them by other countries, in 1967, which are demonstrably hard to defend?

the lines were drawn by some twit with the Parkinson's shakes.

but again, the Palestinians state is not recognized by the US, (including Obamas administration, so no point dissing trump on this ) or by Australia or GB or... maybe.... wherever your from.

and, whilst always moving forward, it's wise to keep an eye on the past.... history demonstrates the need for this.

12 minutes ago, farcanell said:

as to the ancient map... old Israel, Judah, and the philistine state, would realistically constitute modern Israel, so Ben gurien is fine where it is.

as to relevance, it demonstrates that borders are continually shifting, so why should the isrealies give a toss about borders forced on them by other countries, in 1967, which are demonstrably hard to defend?

but again, the Palestinians state is not recognized by the US, (including Obamas administration, so no point dissing trump on this ) or by Australia or GB or... maybe.... wherever your from.

and, whilst always moving forward, it's wise to keep an eye on the past.... history demonstrates the need for this.

By your line of reasoning then why should Native Americans give a toss about borders forced on them; some as recently as 1912?

49 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

I am more concerned about a blatant and unethical conflict of interest than lack of experience.

Whether he is Trump’s son-in-law or not I don’t see how as senior adviser to the President he should be allowed to give advice which will obviously be severely tainted by personal financial gain.

Yes, but you could say that about the entire trump regime. There have already been impeachable offenses committed related to such financial corruption but that's irrelevant as long as the republican party is enjoying their almost total POWER so much. 

3 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

By your line of reasoning then why should Native Americans give a toss about borders forced on them; some as recently as 1912?

Great point... thanks... but...are the Indians being attacked from without?...are the Indians capable of raising an army and contesting their borders by force?

And... do you really think the planets borders will be the same as they are now, in 100 years time?

isreal has consistently protected its borders.... Israel has smashed in the teeth of all aggressors since 1947, taking land in retaliation,... Israel has been repeatedly forced, by  the international community, to give these "buffer zones" back to their enemies, opening them up to more attacks... that's madness, like giving Texas back to Mexico... etc etc

Palestine existed far longer than any Jewish kingdom or Jewish state...

That's a historical fact.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Palestine existed far longer than any Jewish kingdom or Jewish state...

That's a historical fact.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

There you go... now your thinking

and Rome ruled the world... hitler had a go, just recently too....but... armed might, sets the rules... ergo the many and various arms races throughout time.

and it will always be thus, hence the need (HELLO DONALD!) to maintain strong allies

24 minutes ago, farcanell said:

the Palestinians state is not recognized by the US

On the other hand 13 countries have embassies/consulates in Palestine http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/palestine

And Palestine has embassies/consulates in 88 countries including UK

Compare to Belize that maintains 13 embassies throughout the world (albeit one in Taiwan) and 13 foreign embassies in Belize. https://www.embassypages.com/belize

13 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

On the other hand 13 countries have embassies/consulates in Palestine http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-in/palestine

And Palestine has embassies/consulates in 88 countries including UK

Compare to Belize that maintains 13 embassies throughout the world (albeit one in Taiwan) and 13 foreign embassies in Belize. https://www.embassypages.com/belize

Very responsible of them... Australia is on that list too... being a responsible global player, and all.

but...

IMG_3359.PNG

And.... Belize is an independent (recognized) country... so it's not really a worthwhile comparison

Edited by farcanell

Well...let me think here ......they could, if they wanted....build the homes and commit a percentage of them to the Palestinians,  as that would go a long away to showing some appeasement and sincerity.

Oooops sorry...what was I thinking ...how silly of me to suggest such an outlandish idea.

Better to divide and conquer .......works well enough...lol

Cheers

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

1) I would suggest you learn to read a map.

"with their neighbors(tan)"

...the Philistine territory on your map is colored tan.

2) I have just demonstrated how silly and irrelevant this ancient history old chestnut is. I am sure Israel does not feel obliged to hand over its coastal strip and its main airport to Palestinians on the strength of a  ancient map. And similarly your map is just as immaterial to Palestinians in the OP being colonized in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

The people whose lives generated your map, are long since dead. Lets join the 21st Century please and deal with the living.

Edited by dexterm