AirAsia warning message

I have booked flight (not paid yet, but will pay at 7-11 if this flight is not going to cause problems) - the message was 

The time between your departing and returning flights is too short. If this is not intentional, please reselect a later return flight.

Depart DMK - KUL
FD 313
Bangkok - Don Mueang (DMK)
Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) 
22 Feb 2017, 1200 PM (12:00 PM)

Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) (KUL) 
22 Feb 2017, 1510 PM (3:10 PM)
Return KUL - DMK
AK 888
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) (KUL) 
22 Feb 2017, 1925 PM (7:25 PM)

Bangkok - Don Mueang (DMK)
Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) 
22 Feb 2017, 2030 PM (8:30 PM

3 hours ago, nickmanchester2 said:

The time between your departing and returning flights is too short. If this is not intentional, please reselect a later return flight.

This is not related to immigration. I am booking a lot of flight with Air Asia, sometime also for short trip and getting this kind of message. I asked Air Asia online and they told me it is just a warning that your flight selection between the 2 ways is short and you might have selected unintentionally a wrong date or time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joealx said:

When I used same day flights for visa runs, three hours was the minimum.

Used to love the days when Finnair sold cheap tickets BKK to Sing' return. The plane landed in BKK before going on and was 90% empty both ways plus a good few hours in Sing' to do what you fancied.

42 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Used to love the days when Finnair sold cheap tickets BKK to Sing' return. The plane landed in BKK before going on and was 90% empty both ways plus a good few hours in Sing' to do what you fancied.

well this ticket was 1865.75b return including 7-11 counter fee, so not bad

For many years, this message on AA's website read: 

"If this is not INTERNATIONAL, please reselect a later return flight" until obviously finally someone told them there is a difference in the meaning of "intentional" and "international"  :biggrin:

• Like 1

The problem with a short 4 hour turn around is if your Bangkok flight is delayed (late arrival, weather, change of gate, slow check-in of passengers etc) you may miss your KL flight.

If your Bangkok flight leaves on time, you should be fine, but if it doesn't, you may have a problem. 

21 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

The problem with a short 4 hour turn around is if your Bangkok flight is delayed (late arrival, weather, change of gate, slow check-in of passengers etc) you may miss your KL flight.

If your Bangkok flight leaves on time, you should be fine, but if it doesn't, you may have a problem. 

So you have a few thousand in your back pocket, get yourself a cheap or good hotel for the night depending how much you've got in your pocket and get your ticket changed for the next flight.

I can't imagine booking a couple of flights and thinking that everything will go according to your plan.

Some of the best nights I've had were when planes/flights were delayed in many places.

Making it light hearted and pleasant got me a free night with a meal in the Hilton in Heathrow a few years ago flying with SAS out of Stavanger.

Anyone understand PPPPPP?

Air Asia cleared for flights to USA:  http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/news/airasia-us-flights-low-cost-budget-airline/index.html

I don't know if this is good news or not.  I guess this can be the longest Border Run alternative on record?  I have never flown Air Asia but will try them soon.  I can just imagine KL to LAX:  Purchases food and drinks and pay for Entertainment on a 15 hour flight? 

If you are risk averse, you might want to heed the warning message. Perhaps, I have been unlucky, but I have found the punctuality of Air Asia flights to be very poor, with multi hour delays pretty common. If you intend going through immigration in KL (which some people claim is required) you should also be aware that the queues can sometimes be a problem.

everything is fine, don't worry, you are doing a visa run. when you book with airasia reminds that you must leave at least 3 hours between connection flights, otherwise in case of delay they might refuse a refund or an arrangement for another fly

13 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Air Asia cleared for flights to USA:  http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/news/airasia-us-flights-low-cost-budget-airline/index.html

I don't know if this is good news or not.  I guess this can be the longest Border Run alternative on record?  I have never flown Air Asia but will try them soon.  I can just imagine KL to LAX:  Purchases food and drinks and pay for Entertainment on a 15 hour flight? 

They plan to fly to Hawaii, not LAX. Their A330 can not fly such a long distance, me thinks, even though SQ started flying non-stop ex-Singapore using their new A350 recently, and UA started to fly SFO - SIN using their new B787

Edited by siam2007