Brit's murder latest: Suspects hired van from border - one shaved his beard off on journey back

webfact

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

You'd have thought that, if they thought it necessary to retain the same driver for a speedy getaway, they would have silenced him with another 9mm handshake before crossing the border and saved the tip too.

The driver was lucky, then again if they bumped him there would be more to reckon with.

One thing I know  for fact, that psychopaths think they can lie their way out of anything, they are usually quite intelligent and have little or no convictions, their biggest let down is when someone hurts them they want revenge and then they are not so smart they think they can lie and talk their way out of anything.

Edited by kiwikeith

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what is being suggested is true, and the victim was running a a boiler room financial scam, then he got away too lightly

These people prey on others, often pensioners, leaving them financially devastated, at ages when often they can not recover

With more of this kind of Justice these scum might cease doing what they do

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

The cops will have already moved to get their hands on any assets in Thailand. It'll be a feeding frenzy.

Not sure if I understand. If he has been found guilty of no crimes in  Thailand (apart from allegedly working illegally), and is  not wanted under an international warrant , the police would have no legal jurisdiction over his assets in Thailand, his widow would inherit everything (unless he made a will otherwise). Please explain your reasoning.

Police are still working on the theory that the men had a business conflict with the victim but are tight lipped about the exact nature of this for fear of damaging the case,

and are the police now investigating his business associates - now that they know what they were up too all of a sudden

13 minutes ago, al007 said:

If what is being suggested is true, and the victim was running a a boiler room financial scam, then he got away too lightly

These people prey on others, often pensioners, leaving them financially devastated, at ages when often they can not recover

In Little old clean and green NZ , these fraudsters are rife and living the life after ripping of finance companies as directors and hiding behind trusts and other laws NZ has just been through a massive rip off of pensioners throughout the country and only a few of the CEO's they call themselves got slapped over the wrist and still retained mansions and art work etc..

They can hide behind the law in NZ , in LOS the rules of engagement would frighten these CEO fraudsters who just think they are so smart and laugh about it.

This guy didn't get a laugh in the other day but I bet he had plenty before.

3 minutes ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Would someone please tell me what a '' Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam'' is?

From the official UK Police site: Boiler room fraud. Share sale, boiler room, hedge fund or bond fraud involves bogus stockbrokers, usually based overseas, cold calling people to pressure them into buying shares that promise high returns. In reality, the shares are either worthless or non-existent.

1 hour ago, firestar said:

everybody knows who the kingpins of boiler rooms are in Bangkok but despite arrests they always get released and are now the kings of the nightlife owning clubs, gogos, the majority of pubs type bars, as well as the master lease of ____ They made BILLIONS of baht. The kind of money that buys not only low level cops but buys ANYONE, and when its not here its in Manilla or Malaysia. Tony Kenway was small fry, still the police would do well to look at his facebook friends all driving brand new german imported cars and clean this up a bit.

Most of us would like this "industry" cleaned up but among those that don't are the police!

7 minutes ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Would someone please tell me what a '' Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam'' is?

Just Google wolf of wall st scam and the SUN article explains it well.

Apparently Kenway had a bust up with a partner and then went to work for a rival company.

That is when things spiralled out of control.

There are three companies now under investigation.

Kenway ran a call centre , calling people in Britain and Australia and talking them into investing in things like online gambling sites which they then sold off and investors lost their money, big money was involved, millions and millions of BHT.

38 minutes ago, al007 said:

Not sure how lightly you classify death to be for ripping people of, but I'd say its pretty nasty.... unless you mean, something, like a slow and painful death. Death by a thousand cuts perhaps?

Play with fire die in one. For short moment, let us consider the thousands of old naive pensioners who wanted to better their lives and "invested" with this guy thinking last chance in life for....now, nothing left....

A scum, his children are better without him, what would he have shown them, what guidance would he provide, the job he new very well >>>> How to rip off people. Pattaya is a better place without him.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The cops will have already moved to get their hands on any assets in Thailand. It'll be a feeding frenzy.

Feeding frenzy? If a criminal is caught or thier are evidence of alleged criminal activity, assets are seized in almost all countries. Nothing different here.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

British businessman Tony Kenway shot in Thailand ‘ran Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam that tricked Brits out of millions of pounds’

a.png

A BRIT businessman executed in broad daylight in Thailand was the kingpin of a sprawling ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style call centre scam that tricked Brits and Australians out of millions of pounds, police said.

Tony Kenway, 39, was shot through the head as he climbed inside his top-of-the range Porsche Cayenne after leaving the gym on Tuesday morning.

Investigators are probing Kenway’s vast ‘boiler room’ gang operation which they say tricked thousands of victims out of their life savings to fund his flash lifestyle in Pattaya.

Police are hunting two suspects – British born Miles Dicken Turner and South African Abel Bonito Caldeira – in connection with the gangland-style execution.

Court papers show Kenway was wanted over working illegally and Thai authorities had made attempts to deport him.

But friends paid his bail and he was due up in court again next month.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2711874/british-businessman-tony-kenway-shot-thailand-boiler-room-scam/

Now he got what he deserved after destroying all these peoples life.

Karma bites back .

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

They did the hit themselves?? with no work permit? and I thought that shooting

people is a profession reserved only for the locals....

Yep! Unlawful behaviour. That´s why they fled to Cambodia. Can be deported without the correct paperwork, when dealing with this profession.

2 hours ago, firestar said:

everybody knows who the kingpins of boiler rooms are in Bangkok but despite arrests they always get released and are now the kings of the nightlife owning clubs, gogos, the majority of pubs type bars, as well as the master lease of ____ They made BILLIONS of baht. The kind of money that buys not only low level cops but buys ANYONE, and when its not here its in Manilla or Malaysia. Tony Kenway was small fry, still the police would do well to look at his facebook friends all driving brand new german imported cars and clean this up a bit.

Sorry cannot, our friend paid us too much and how we can clean up ourselves, no no cannot. My friend you said it yourself that the money made, could have bought anyone. According to earlier reports this guy have at least tried to buy protection up to a very very high level. Unfortunately I cant go into more detail due to certain computer and other laws. However I disagree that he was small fry. I believe he was the Thailand king pin of this operation. He had ties back to Europe and had strong ties here.

I think it is fair to say that the two that carried out this murder were involved with the victim and his criminal activities both in Spain and in Thailand, at some point they had a falling out presumably over money and weren't happy with their investment return ratio (their cut), one gone and two to go, I hope the police are investigating all the others involved with this criminal gang 

Since they have identified the murderers its just a matter of time before they catch  up with them and bring them back

These guys are idiots to think they can get away with murdering someone

Hope the hang them from their  nuggies  No one regardless of what they may or may not have does deserves this 

Think of his kids and wife  So sad

20 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Sorry cannot, our friend paid us too much and how we can clean up ourselves, no no cannot. My friend you said it yourself that the money made, could have bought anyone. According to earlier reports this guy have at least tried to buy protection up to a very very high level. Unfortunately I cant go into more detail due to certain computer and other laws. However I disagree that he was small fry. I believe he was the Thailand king pin of this operation. He had ties back to Europe and had strong ties here.

The interesting thing is , why did he leave Marbella so quick as mentioned???

Some troubles there alreday???

20 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Since they have identified the murderers its just a matter of time before they catch  up with them and bring them back

These guys are idiots to think they can get away with murdering someone

Hope the hang them from their  nuggies  No one regardless of what they may or may not have does deserves this 

Think of his kids and wife  So sad

....he was making a living of cheating others for their life savings, ever tasted from this medecine????

Cold blooded calculating Fraudster he was.

And surely fully aware what could happen regarding his lifestyle????

If you play the game, know the rules .

Game over.

BTW , has anybody else seen the picture on his FB , having a audience on 2.December 2016???

Edited by thetruth revealer

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

British businessman Tony Kenway shot in Thailand ‘ran Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam that tricked Brits out of millions of pounds’

a.png

A BRIT businessman executed in broad daylight in Thailand was the kingpin of a sprawling ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style call centre scam that tricked Brits and Australians out of millions of pounds, police said.

Tony Kenway, 39, was shot through the head as he climbed inside his top-of-the range Porsche Cayenne after leaving the gym on Tuesday morning.

Investigators are probing Kenway’s vast ‘boiler room’ gang operation which they say tricked thousands of victims out of their life savings to fund his flash lifestyle in Pattaya.

Police are hunting two suspects – British born Miles Dicken Turner and South African Abel Bonito Caldeira – in connection with the gangland-style execution.

Court papers show Kenway was wanted over working illegally and Thai authorities had made attempts to deport him.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2711874/british-businessman-tony-kenway-shot-thailand-boiler-room-scam/

Dirt bag who scammed the wrong people!!

You know what? I don't give a toss if they don't catch the suspects.

I'm just so glad they took this scam lowlife out.

Robbing people of their life savings. Just another piece of foreign scum off the streets of Thailand.

200,000 to go ???

Ooh I feel so much better now I got that off my chest. ???

19 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

You know what? I don't give a toss if they don't catch the suspects.

I'm just so glad they took this scam lowlife out.

Robbing people of their life savings. Just another piece of foreign scum off the streets of Thailand.

200,000 to go ???

Ooh I feel so much better now I got that off my chest. ???

don't agree, if you read between the lines these two wingnuts were involved in the same criminal activities as the victim, they were not victims of the scam looking for revenge, they deserve to be caught and locked up and not just for murder along with anyone else linked to this scam operating out of Thailand and it seems there were many 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Yesterday regional top brass inspected the site of the shooting and the Porsche before going into a crisis meeting to discuss the way forward in the case.

WOW top brass involved. Somebody must be pushing buttons behind the scene on this one. Crisis meeting no less confirms my theory. To discuss the way forward best to settle for holding your ground and not go backwards. Let Cambodia do the work. 

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

a.png

Looking at the romantic picture above its great while it lasts. Sad when it ends at age 39. Live fast love hard die young comes to mind. Different personality than myself. I could not sleep at night knowing I cheated all those people out of their life savings. Different strokes for different folks. 

Edited by elgordo38