Brit's murder latest: Suspects hired van from border - one shaved his beard off on journey back

webfact

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Feeding frenzy? If a criminal is caught or thier are evidence of alleged criminal activity, assets are seized in almost all countries. Nothing different here.

I guess in most countries the seized assets will be sold to the public and the money goes to the state.

I don't know what happens in Thailand

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been reported in one of the threads that a high ranking Thai police officer paid his bail. This seems bizarre to my Western eyes but TIT.  I'm sure he was even named. Now the perps are out of the country I am sure that the interest in this case will evaporate in a week or so and any internal RTP disciplinary action will be done discretely.

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

5000 baht tip was not enough to keep the van driver quiet!

he would of talked no matter much he was given.... it appears everything they (Thai) are arrested for or suspected for and then charged, they seem to sing a merry tune with chorus and full encore  

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Police are still working on the theory that the men had a business conflict with the victim but are tight lipped about the exact nature of this for fear of damaging the case,

and are the police now investigating his business associates - now that they know what they were up too all of a sudden

Plenty of money to be made here by the RTP.

52 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Looking at the romantic picture above its great while it lasts. Sad when it ends at age 39. Live fast love hard die young comes to mind. Different personality than myself. I could not sleep at night knowing I cheated all those people out of their life savings. Different strokes for different folks. 

With her beauty and now money, she has got a bright future.

well i have no sympathy for the victim whatsoever,     so that out of the way,       the killers were complete nitwits,       renting a motorbike in their own name.   using a thai is going to be anyones downfall.

a thai cannot keep quiet for any sums of cash no matter how much .  a thai will rat on his mother to save his own skin. 

TOP BRASS involved,  off course they want a slice of the pie,  a very large slice too !!!

if i were the victims friends i would also be watching my back very very carefully

Edited by pumpjack

3 hours ago, Geoffsilverfox said:

Would someone please tell me what a '' Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam'' is?

There is a movie called Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo di Caprio who runs a dodgy Financial company. He has guys on the phones to anyone and everyone, milking them of cash. So selling people dodgy or non existent shares is the scam. The term boiler room comes from the typical operation being overcrowded, unprofessional, and cheap.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

don't agree, if you read between the lines these two wingnuts were involved in the same criminal activities as the victim, they were not victims of the scam looking for revenge, they deserve to be caught and locked up and not just for murder along with anyone else linked to this scam operating out of Thailand and it seems there were many 

I'm not saying they're victims, I'm just glad they got rid of the supposed kingpin of this network.

Im sorry, but theres something not right with this whole story.  So far everyone involved does not seem so bright.  Who runs a huge scam and then drives a flashy porsche in a 3rd world ctry.  Of course, everyone will find out and its really only a matter of time til you are offed or just mugged.  As well as the hit men seem like some High Schoolers that got hired for a hit.  They used their real ids and ditched the said scooter.  Then had same driver and shaved beard in the van?  Nuts i say

it's now Friday and yet the Khmer Times newspaper are claiming Thailand still hasn't lodged an official request for cooperation from the Cambodian authorities? Why the delay?

Kim Rattana, the deputy director of Koh Kong province’s Cham Yeam international immigration checkpoint, said he was aware of the case but had not received orders to take action or search for the two suspects.

“I heard the case happened on Tuesday and the two foreign suspects have entered Cambodia already, but we can’t do anything right now unless there is a request from Thai authorities,” he said.

Som Vann Virak, director of the Interior Ministry’s internal security department, said he had not heard of the case and added that Thailand had yet to request cooperation.

Chhay Rithy, the deputy National Police commissioner in charge of internal security, said Cambodian authorities could not do anything until the Thai side requested cooperation.

Deputy National Police Commissioner Chhay Sinarith said that without a request for cooperation, Cambodian authorities could not take action because it would an abuse of the rights of the foreigners.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34822/thai-murder-suspects-in-cambodia/

5 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

> ... was the kingpin of a sprawling ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style call centre scam that tricked Brits and Australians out of millions of pounds, police said. <

Well, while police 'says' a lot during a long day, if true - like most of us suspected from the get-go as it were -  that bloke did get what he had coming anyway. Might have just been some 'assisted karma' then ...

Yes, justice appears to have been served, even if only street justice.

4 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Not sure how lightly you classify death to be for ripping people of, but I'd say its pretty nasty.... unless you mean, something, like a slow and painful death. Death by a thousand cuts perhaps?

These people are evil, probably even worse than drug pedlars

They prey and con honest people out of life time savings, and then leave them to suffer knowing they were stupid, when they are old and frail

I do not agree with the death sentence, generally

There are too many of these fraudsters at large that have avoided prosecution, they make fortunes and care for no one other than themselves

They are worst than terrorists, they plan they scheme, at least terrorists fight for a cause, albeit wrong, and are generally mentally ill

Yes I believe in a long slow painful death, yes a lot of pain, WOW generally I am a pacifist !  !!   !!!

I would be interested in Donald's opinion !

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think the dumbest part is not employing locals to carry out the assassination.  On the other hand maybe they felt that the Thai's would screw it up and hit the wrong person.  In that case it would have been dumb and dumber meet dumber and dumber!

I get the impression that Caldeira wanted to pull the trigger himself. 

Just now, LandOfWiles said:

I get the impression that Caldeira wanted to pull the trigger himself. 

Me too but surely he knows about full helmet headgear for local hits?  That way they would be home and dry with beard still intact.  Also be less likely to be pulled over by the BIB when on their motorbike.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Me too but surely he knows about full helmet headgear for local hits?  That way they would be home and dry with beard still intact.  Also be less likely to be pulled over by the BIB when on their motorbike.

They made several key mistakes but at the same time, they would have probably got away with it if it wasn't for the CCTV. 

10 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A BRIT businessman executed in broad daylight in Thailand was the kingpin of a sprawling ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style call centre scam that tricked Brits and Australians out of millions of pounds, police said.

Wonder what the family now has to say about this good boy who lived to help others.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

They have made a complete pigs ear of something very straightforward and simple in Thailand.

Well until they are arrested, they have got away with it , and I aslo suspect they are no longer in SE Asia either.

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

Well until they are arrested, they have got away with it , and I aslo suspect they are no longer in SE Asia either.

And their identity, names and where they are from, including their photographs are all over the press. Not sure I would call that "getting away with it!"  At best plastic surgery and having to hide away for the rest of their lives, always looking over their shoulders.  Like we have all said, dumb and dumber!  

Brit’s murder suspects escape to Cambodia, according to van driver

By Coconuts Bangkok

ahr0cdovl3blmi5pc2fub29rlmnvbs9ucy8wl3vklzqzms8ymtu5mtu4lze1lmpwzw.jpg

The two suspects in the murder case of a Brit in Pattaya may have fled to Cambodia, a witness told police yesterday.

Police received an important update on the murder case of Tony Kenway, a 39-year-old British national, who was shot dead outside a sports club in Pattaya on Tuesday.

Van driver, Lert Laimuenwai, 48, gave testimony to police that he was hired by the suspects, British man Miles Dicken Turner and South African man Abel Caldeira Bonito, to drive them to the Cambodian border.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/27/brits-murder-suspects-escape-cambodia-according-van-driver

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-1-27

6 hours ago, smedly said:

don't agree, if you read between the lines these two wingnuts were involved in the same criminal activities as the victim, they were not victims of the scam looking for revenge, they deserve to be caught and locked up and not just for murder along with anyone else linked to this scam operating out of Thailand and it seems there were many 

Your lines must be sewed. Read what's written not what you belive is written.