Beyond the Pale: The dangers of Thailand’s obsession with white skin

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I need to change my penis complexion. I have caramel brown shiny skin However my Penis is way too dark and there is no consistency in both the skin tones. I usually prefer and emphasize oral sex during foreplay and i got feedback from my partner that she is half-hearted performer during oral sex due to my penis complexion. i am fed up of seeing my partner turned off due to my penis complexion. It doesn't matter laser treatment or chemical one. Any expert there can help me on this please?

A bucket of bleach.

It may or may not change the - umh - complexion, but it will certainly tale your mind off the colour...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This obsession is not limited to Thailand.

I once knew a Burmese woman whose family lived in Burma when it was still part of the British Empire, before WW2.

She told me that when a child was born the first question that was asked by the relatives was, "Is it fair?", meaning does it have fair skin.

This was back in the 1920's and 1930's when she was a small child.

So you see how far it goes back in history.

“For many Thais, light-skinned women are considered more beautiful and believed to be more successful. 

And for many western women, darker skin is considered more beautiful, and they expose themselves to cancer causing extreme sunlight and tanning booths. The common thread here is that many women are insecure and believe that their appearance will make them successful. In some cases that is true...Until they age and they have nothing left to offer in the eyes of the men who used them until someone younger and more beautiful came along.

Meanwhile, the woman with self confidence, hones her professional working skills, attains a respectable career, and has a much better opportunity to continue being successful throughout her lifetime. Most of all, in her own eyes, she considers herself successful and in most cases is satisfied with her life.  

Despite the advances women have made in the past few decades, it appears to still be a man's world and many women will go to extremes to be part of that shallow world. 

Edited by jaltsc

14 hours ago, bitterbatter said:

Can anyone recommend a link of this subject written inThai?  I need to show this to many people.

Likewise. My wife is the same, she buy useless cream and I keep telling her but it's like talking to a brick wall.  She has brown skin and I keep telling her that no matter what she buys, it's not going to change but she is so gullible, she believes anything her Thai friends says, but me as a farang don't know anything.  Oh well, she is not going to change.

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

It's not a "race" thing, it's a "class" thing.  As it was in 18th century Europe:

As it was in the USA, pre-1950's.   Especially in the American southern states where the sun cooked field laborers into a dark tan.   

Very true   about this tan skin thing     

most people like to get brown or tanned 

here they want white   even in my family they run for the sun   get up early star do things before the sun but it get my tea in bed

in the day  not much  hide from the sun  

i dont but get scolded if stay out long in the sun

for me tanned brown is nice but as they sy before in the forum there is this status  elite      so silly  as the sun in doses gives vitamines

we are thinking of opening up a white spray cosmetic shop  like japan  spray and pay 

Oh i find this obsession to be as pale as possible so very sad.  It is not only in Asia but also Africa and the middle east where this idea pervades that to be pale skinned is good.

The saddest thing is all of this is that there are substances used in these creams that although they do actually work, increase the risk of skin cancer - not a good thing.  These substances are banned in the west but not here.

Steroid creams are also known to have a whitening effect, but they too should not be used for cosmetic purposes.

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Likewise. My wife is the same, she buy useless cream and I keep telling her but it's like talking to a brick wall.  She has brown skin and I keep telling her that no matter what she buys, it's not going to change but she is so gullible, she believes anything her Thai friends says, but me as a farang don't know anything.  Oh well, she is not going to change.

My thai buddy thinks he's DAM because he drank too much lao khao... i kid u not ?

I told hom he's dam cuz he's khmer and not bkk sinothai.... 

Im not grengjai 555

Amazing how year 2017 with so much education, and other issues in the world, that people are still obsessed with skin color.

Were all humans on planet earth, bleed the same blood, have the same organs etc.

I think Thai women who whiten their faces look like CoCo the clown.  Personally I and I think most farangs like the darker skinned Thai ladies, my Thai wife is brown and goes darker very quickly.  Women in the UK spend thousands of pounds trying to get sun tanned, that is 100,000  - 200,000 baht and more.

13 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You're missing the point entirely. The darkness of the skin is an indicator of manual labor. Manual labor (especially on farms) is an indicator of social class

And was the same in every country in the world until Coco Chanel and jet travel. Then having darker skin became an indicator of wealth.

20 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Block the content and paste it into Google translate.  Block, copy, and save the Thai translation as a Word file then simply print the file.  Also, print the original English so that the reader can see the original script.

Oh god- google translate - really?

15 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

For God sake does colour matter, we all go to the toilet the same, we all walk the same, we all breath the same but in thai it matters if you are Thai or Farang stupid small minded people with no education or just scared of people the education in Thailand does not want for the majority

man I am glad to be out of there, but a bit cold otherwise FRESH AIR

No, skin color does not matter.  And many people feel this way,, but unfortunately it's the people who think that skin color does matter who are the one's who get the press coverage.  And the press perpetuates that myth. Sad really. 

In the ultimate irony, Thai people want to stay out of the sun to stay whiter, and farang want to stay in the sun to get browner.  I keep telling my wife that brown is beautiful and she's a beautiful, brown woman (and I mean it).  She's getting old enough that she is beginning to give up the Thai preoccupation with white/light skin for which I'm grateful. 

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I need to change my penis complexion. I have caramel brown shiny skin However my Penis is way too dark and there is no consistency in both the skin tones. I usually prefer and emphasize oral sex during foreplay and i got feedback from my partner that she is half-hearted performer during oral sex due to my penis complexion. i am fed up of seeing my partner turned off due to my penis complexion. It doesn't matter laser treatment or chemical one. Any expert there can help me on this please?

Also I'm thinking of anal bleaching.

Anal bleaching is a beauty trend in which both men and women “bleach” the skin around their anus to create a lighter and more even skin tone.

What do you think?

If I'm doing one part then why not the other. Will my partner be happy?

39 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Also I'm thinking of anal bleaching.

Anal bleaching is a beauty trend in which both men and women “bleach” the skin around their anus to create a lighter and more even skin tone.

What do you think?

If I'm doing one part then why not the other. Will my partner be happy?

Maybe you should consider bleaching your brains..... unless your brains are up your rectum, in which case anal bleaching might work.

Edited by saakura

18 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You're missing the point entirely. The darkness of the skin is an indicator of manual labor. Manual labor (especially on farms) is an indicator of social class

So funny to see hi-so white girls sit on the floor, leaning against the sofa while eating with their hands :cheesy: The expensive purse is parked on the sofa, iphone on the table but she is eating on the floor. Yup, must be raised in higher class..:passifier: