Blacklisted

1 minute ago, Wyoming said:

Be cautious of lawyers & fixers; unless highly recommended & ones who have good track records

You could always enter into an agreement to pay them when you are back in Thailand.

• Like 1

You can't complain about there authorities adhering to the laws of the country, which you unfortunately broke. Further, you tried probably an illegal system to remedy your situation.

What I am saying is just a belly feeling, not based on any experience. However, if I were you I would address a plea to the Prime Minister and to the Minister of the interior, admitting your mistakes and understanding that Thailand has its laws, which have to be adhered to. However, all you are asking for, into be forgiven on compassionate grounds and promising that you will try and make it up by doing social work and bringing up a decent Thai child. BTW Why don't you get married to your Thai partner? I know you can't do it in Thailand, but possibly in a neighboring country or in your home country. This may help.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:
33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I believe they now put "previous name" on a UK passport if a name change has taken place. 

Nope.. Not on mine.. 

Ok, I was quoting what I had read in another forum. 

Is it really that easy ? Run up a credit card debt, commit some crimes, get black listed etc. Go home change your name and start again ?

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

In this case it was clearly not out of control, she just could not be bothered about it, until too late.

Agree, also her Thai partner (Husband? ) father of the child could have quite easily have helped her apply for yearly extensions, and he and she would not have had to dance through the financial hoops that all of us here have to do each year.

Sorry but no sympathy from me.

1 hour ago, somo said:

If you are from the UK it is a relatively simple matter to change your name by deed. You can then get a new passport and start your life again. I had a friend in a similar situation some years back and he has had no problems. Just keep yourself squeaky clean once you return. GL

One assumes that you still have to provide your birth certificate with a new passport application.

I believe that lying on a passport application is a criminal offence, so your squeaky clean has gone right there.

I fear the OP can do nothing more than write polite letters to Immigration and the Thai Foreign ministry asking for sympathy.

Edited by Chicog

check craigslist.org / Thailand (legal services). Some good lawyers there for your case. One of them was able to "let disappear" a 10 years! overstay from the blacklist. Best to find a lawyer with direct access to the Immigration office.

Munotlaw

• Like 1

Haven't we all seen a new user here who joined to create a hit and run thread with some sort of incredulous tale,  thus trolling all sorts of replies?

...only to disappear into the aether, never to be seen again?

I am not inferring that this is the case with this thread...just sayin'

2 minutes ago, bubba said:

Haven't we all seen a new user here who joined to create a hit and run thread with some sort of incredulous tale,  thus trolling all sorts of replies?

...only to disappear into the aether, never to be seen again?

I am not inferring that this is the case with this thread...just sayin'

Or they are in another country, posted then went to bed as its night there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I would try this too. Perhaps using a remote crossing.

So your suggesting she fix up her illegal activity, by breaking the rules again with even more serious consequences?? What could possibly go wrong (slaps forehead at the amount of stupid and potentially dangerous advice in here).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

do you condone overstay ?

Up until recently, an overstay like that was cleared up by showing up at the airport with an outbound ticket and 20,000 baht.  They could be back in Thailand in time for breakfast the next day.

Not hard to imagine someone living for years (decades?) under that scenario finding themselves in a financial pickle where they couldn't fix it in time to meet the deadline.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

why not fly to singapore and board a cruising vessel with stops in thailand.

wbr

roobaa01

They usually retain your passports on board and even if not would lead to more problems, all the 'helpful suggestions' I have seen are all advocating illegal practices

A couple points which seem to be missed in some of the replies:

• Hiring a lawyer or agent to appeal a blacklisting is not illegal, provided they do nothing illegal to obtain the result.  It is an administrative procedure.  Of course, "who your lawyer knows" / "connections" is paramount, as it is in every country on Earth for any civil or criminal proceeding (unfortunately, but reality).
  • It is possible the "no fly" ban is still in place, but the blacklisting was removed via services already paid for.  In that case, entering by land, legally, would be a workaround to the "no fly" issue.  Clearly, if the blacklisting was not fixed, legal-entry would be impossible.

Go to Malaysia or near by country. Send your Partner and baby to Thailand. If Thailand then refuses your entry they are breaking the United nations Resolution on Civil and Political Rights which they signed 26th October 1996. They cannot separate or break the family unit, legally speaking. 

(yes this also makes Thai immigration law technically in breach of such resolution when they require those that are married to a Thai national or have a Thai child leave the country to renew visas!) 

If you are not married you will have to go through a legal process to legalise your partner as the father of your child. Even if his name is on the birth certificate. It is an easy straight forward process that can take up to 3 or 4 months depending on how busy the courts are.

Good luck. 

Give her a break guys (to those criticising her).

She made a msitake, she knows it and regrets it. She's not blaming the Thai authorities or even asking for help, she posted as a "...warning to others not to overstay and not to trust the likes of David, thailandblacklist.com".

You did a nice thing helping the community there and posting your experience here. Maybe use your money to help pay for your partner to visit you instead of those scams. 5 years is a long time especially with a baby but not the end of the world.

I hope it works out for you.

Edited by SZQddy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DerekMarshall said:

Go to Malaysia or near by country. Send your Partner and baby to Thailand. If Thailand then refuses your entry they are breaking the United nations Resolution on Civil and Political Rights which they signed 26th October 1996. They cannot separate or break the family unit, legally speaking. 

(yes this also makes Thai immigration law technically in breach of such resolution when they require those that are married to a Thai national or have a Thai child leave the country to renew visas!) 

If you are not married you will have to go through a legal process to legalise your partner as the father of your child. Even if his name is on the birth certificate. It is an easy straight forward process that can take up to 3 or 4 months depending on how busy the courts are.

Good luck. 

They do not care. The minimum time spend outside, before filing an appeal is 5 years. No one can fix blacklist. The appeal you can do alone, but after 5 years only, cost THB1,900.-.

Edited by visarunner

Any immigration lawyer here in Thailand will ask for the money upfront while there is far more chance that you will get nothing for the money you paid than there is chance at resolving the case for the money you would pay.

Your contacts and people you know here in Thailand have to resolve it from inside Thailand and go to the immigration authorities and resolve the problem and keep on trying as long as it takes.

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

One assumes that you still have to provide your birth certificate with a new passport application.

I believe that lying on a passport application is a criminal offence, so your squeaky clean has gone right there.

I fear the OP can do nothing more than write polite letters to Immigration and the Thai Foreign ministry asking for sympathy.

No problem with getting a new passport and all above board. The passport office will know you have legally changed your name but so what, no deception is required. With a new name comes a new life and she can start over again. As testified here I and one other poster know this to be a valid and legal way around the OP's problem.

Having said that there would be no harm in trying to get the decision reversed through normal channels but that may take years and be expensive with no guarantee of getting a result.

• Like 1