Blacklisted

6 hours ago, somo said:

No problem with getting a new passport and all above board. The passport office will know you have legally changed your name but so what, no deception is required. With a new name comes a new life and she can start over again. As testified here I and one other poster know this to be a valid and legal way around the OP's problem.

So, if I murder someone in Thailand, and I get a new passport from back home in another name, they should quit looking for me on my return to Thailand?

It may (or may not) be possible.  But it certainly isn't legal.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, if I murder someone in Thailand, and I get a new passport from back home in another name, they should quit looking for me on my return to Thailand?

It may (or may not) be possible.  But it certainly isn't legal.

If it was possible every terrorist in the world would get a name change and a new passport on application. Apart from many things, there is a birth certificate to enable the application.

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If it was possible every terrorist in the world would get a name change and a new passport on application. Apart from many things, there is a birth certificate to enable the application.

I have no doubt that it happens occasionally when things slip through the cracks.  We even read about it occasionally when a fugitive with a new name and new passport gets caught out in Thailand- usually doing something stupid to draw brand new suspicions.  

But the OP is asking for a way to live together with her family without the constant fear of a knock on the door when databases get merged, or technology advances, or she comes across a more diligent immigration officer.  

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

I have no doubt that it happens occasionally when things slip through the cracks.  We even read about it occasionally when a fugitive with a new name and new passport gets caught out in Thailand- usually doing something stupid to draw brand new suspicions.  

But the OP is asking for a way to live together with her family without the constant fear of a knock on the door when databases get merged, or technology advances, or she comes across a more diligent immigration officer.  

It happens through copy or altered passports. You have absolutely no chance of simply changing your name in the UK, getting a new passport and expect that to give you a completely new identity and your history, particularly with the new passport to vanish. As I said, how do you completely start again with a Birth certificate to even apply?

Edited by Lovethailandelite

your child is Thai citizen, they can´t deny boarding for the child! 

and you should use a layer in Thailand who work this out with IMO. 

For sure this blacklist nreak human rights, which Thailand signed for.

I am sure if you go to court or the father of the child, the blacklist will be removed.

Well, 4 years is quite a long time to be so negligent; but that's the past of course. I would try to follow up/meet with the immigration office/dept that you paid the money too; surely you have a receipt? Maybe go with a translator/lawyer (could be worth the money - a few hours only that is) - but not an ongoing, promising legal situation... pay a lawyer to accompany you to translate and advise in person with the person that you paid money to. That's what I'd do....    so you are in Thailand now illegally, out of jail? Isn't there a overstay maximum limit that you have to pay to clear your situation? Time to line up the ducks. Good luck.

37 minutes ago, chickenrunCM said:

your child is Thai citizen, they can´t deny boarding for the child! 

and you should use a layer in Thailand who work this out with IMO. 

For sure this blacklist nreak human rights, which Thailand signed for.

I am sure if you go to court or the father of the child, the blacklist will be removed.

The child isn't Blacklisted...the mother is. I am no Aviation or tourist expert but I believe they don't allow 1 year old children to travel alone. As for Human rights, good luck with that one here because this place isn't run by a load of Bleeding heart Liberals like Europe where you get to stay and all payed for by the tax payer while an appeal is heard years and years later by which time it is normally too late to deport them.
Read post 58. It explains the whole process of appeal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

Well, 4 years is quite a long time to be so negligent; but that's the past of course. I would try to follow up/meet with the immigration office/dept that you paid the money too; surely you have a receipt? Maybe go with a translator/lawyer (could be worth the money - a few hours only that is) - but not an ongoing, promising legal situation... pay a lawyer to accompany you to translate and advise in person with the person that you paid money to. That's what I'd do....    so you are in Thailand now illegally, out of jail? Isn't there a overstay maximum limit that you have to pay to clear your situation? Time to line up the ducks. Good luck.

An overstay of more than 90 days is an automatic ban of a year which increases as you overstay longer until you hit the jackpot and get the first prize of a 10 year ban.

To the OP,  what exactly did the firm you retained charge you for the service of getting you removed from the blacklist?  And did they say how they would do it i.e. through legal means such as some sort of appeals process or petitioning the courts, or was it via a backhander to a crooked official.  Also, exactly what did they say to you when they had supposedly completed the work for you?  No disrespect intended, but when you have someone called David (NOT a Thai name) getting someone removed from an immigration blacklist, it all sounds rather dodgy to me!

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, dinsdale said:

4 yrs? You must have known 4 yrs ago you needed to do something. Shame you let it slide for so long.

Yes, a shame, and not just for you, as what you've done affects others as well as yourself.   One can at least hope that others will learn from your mistake.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan5 said:

God! What a busy body. I certainly don't see how it hurts anyone unless the person gets caught and black listed. 

Unfortunately nearly every foreigner one meets over here seems to be a 'jobsworth'.

The lady should move to Laos , then have BF join her there. It looks like Thailand, only a lot nicer.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, thai3 said:

I have not seen any abusive or insulting posts

One of the reasons Thailand is to be admired- no drawn out appeals going on for years, especially  when a case is black and white. Thailand does not get many things right but it does with illegal immigration, like it or not. 

this is very funny. if you have money, you don't have Thailand visa or overstay

problems