Trump immigrant curbs cause chaos, panic, anger worldwide

rooster59

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CWMcMurray said:

Rev. Steve Martin, communications director for the National Council of Christians—one of the largest coalitions of Christian churches in the country.

Some more conservatives...

Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), wasn’t alone in its outrage.

I don't doubt that.

There is nothing that can be done that does not cause some people to be outraged. Look at the idiocy of the people protesting after the election.

I was outraged when a traitor to the United States was pardoned, but I don't remember hearing anything about it from CAIR or the ACLU.

I agree that there have been a bunch of sore losers after this election and a lot of over the top fear mongering.. which I would call out and don't agree with

But this is not that and is based on a specific executive order that i don't believe is good for the country

Its not just the sore losers in this case...

It seems there are a large number of those that presumably also voted for Trump against this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Theresa May has instructed Boris Johnson to contact his opposite number in Washington and condemn Trumps banning of the Muslim countries, same instruction for Amber Rudd.  Johnson has already condemned the actions as divisive and wrong.  A petition was instigated to get Trump's visit to Britain cancelled until he had dropped the stupid ban idea. They needed 100,000 signatures for it to be debated in the house of commons but within a very short time it was topping 300,000 and rising every minute.

Apparently Trump is frightened of meeting Prince Charles and said he wanted to avoid it on his State visit as he knows he will be pressured about climate change issues.  How brave! 

Great idea to cancel trump's state visit to the U.K. It will help with the efforts to impeach him. This Muslim ban has already created a constitutional crisis. Amazing "work" for being president for a few days. 

Having an executive order overturned is not an impeachable offense

Otherwise Obama would have also been impeached

That being said, totally disagree with Trump on this and hope he either sees sense or courts continue to over turn this one

Just now, CWMcMurray said:

Having an executive order overturned is not an impeachable offense

Otherwise Obama would have also been impeached

That being said, totally disagree with Trump on this and hope he either sees sense or courts continue to over turn this one

It's adding up. The financial corruption abroad is clearly the biggest vein of possible impeachable offences. 

I think you really don't get it.

trump was legally impeachable the second he was inaugurated. But he has his party behind him because they love the power and they're willing to make a deal with the an insane clown president to keep it and use it. 

But there is a limit.

In his first week, he starts a trade war with Mexico, a key trading partner, and then if "special relationship" UK cancels a state visit ... it becomes clear they can't work with him ... he's just too damaging to the nation, the world, and most importantly their own political careers. With some of their votes ... he's gone, and we get Pence, who is at least not insane. 

1 hour ago, james1995 said:

More whining from a bunch of sore losers.  He should make the ban permanent.

This sore losers thing is dated, and clueless. It's trump that's the sore winner. The anti-trump resistance is not about trying to overturn the election and get Clinton. Not at all. It's about trying to get trump legally impeached (or to resign) when he will be replaced by Pence, and far right winger that he is, at least he's a normal person. It's not only leftists behind this ... it's a broad coalition that includes very conservative people that realize our American democracy may not survive four (or eight or more) years of a mentally bizarre divisive dangerous authoritarian demagogue like trump. 

Edited by Jingthing

There are two separate issues here.  One is the intended future policy.  The other is the dishonouring of visas already properly granted for still-valid reasons.  Not even the UK does that.  It seems that the courts are saying, pro tem, that they should be honoured if the holders can reach the border.  I don't know what is happening on the  land borders - and if Google knows, it may be staying shtmm.

12 hours ago, Traveler19491 said:

Odd that you would think Trump's use of Executive Orders to make him a "man of action", while at the same time insisting that Obama, who initiated far fewer Executive Orders than either Dubya or Bill Clinton, was usurping the Constitution. The legality/Constitutionality of Trump's order is extremely questionable. What isn't questionable is the omission of Turkey, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia from his list of banned nations...all three of which are countries where Trump has deep business ties. Egypt, which has been victim of one of the highest rates of terrorism in the world. Saudi Arabia, home to 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists. Turkey, a nation that is growing increasingly hostile in its Islamic rhetoric. But, because Trump has money tied up in those places and certainly wouldn't want to anger their leaders, I guess he figures we can skip over countries that arguably shelter more terrorists than any other. But, I'm sure that's probably just a small oversight on Trump's part. The hypocrisy and self-dealing are mind-numbing. But then, this is a man whose ego and self-interest know no limits.

It's an idiotic notion that Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia were excluded because one has some crazy idea that Trump would not want to anger their leaders because of possible investments. This is just more fake crap floating around out there. Please do name his investments and how they might be harmed.   

13 hours ago, Opl said:

‘It’s working out very nicely’: Trump insists in spite of ‘chaos’ that Muslim ban is going just fine

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/its-working-out-very-nicely-trump-insists-in-spite-of-chaos-that-muslim-ban-is-going-just-fine/

I can't help laughing about the chaos this guy is stirring up....and then casually coming out with "the travel ban is working out nicely". If you hadn't heard the name Trump before 2015, you do now....what a great reality show Trump is now producing. It sure beats his old TV Show  he produced "The Apprentice".

Please stay tuned until tomorrow to this channel and find how many and what the next load of executive orders will be regarding and if he had enough ink his pen to sign them all.

19 minutes ago, Trouble said:

It's an idiotic notion that Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia were excluded because one has some crazy idea that Trump would not want to anger their leaders because of possible investments. This is just more fake crap floating around out there. Please do name his investments and how they might be harmed.   

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306990-trump-appeared-to-register-eight-companies-in-saudi-arabia

In Egypt. 

• Trump Marks Egypt Corp
  • Trump Marks Egypt LLC

In Turkey.

Trump Towers, Sisli is a 40-story residential tower in Istanbul, Turkey. On his web site, Trump makes it clear he does not own the development, but the owners have licensed his name. In his filing, Trump lists royalty income of $1 million to $5 million. It's standard in the hotel business for brands to license their names for use by local owners.

https://qz.com/461688/a-list-of-everything-donald-trump-runs-that-has-his-name-on-it/

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/08/news/donald-trump-muslim-countries-business/

Edited by Skywalker69

18 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Yes, dear Mana….it's called an Executive Order. He is the President whether you like it or not.

Nice tweet Kellyanne…..she is channelling exactly what I said 2 days ago.

"A promise made. A promise kept."

I am happy that the Donald is proving to be a man of his word, unlike the thick skinned crooks who pass for politicians.

There was this fool of a mayor from Boston who actually said that illegal immigrants could use his office…I kid you not.

The dumbos at ISIS will probably unleash a couple of shootings in retaliation…showing the world that Mr Trump was absolutely right not to kowtow to them and other flaky liberal notions.

ISIS is celebrating Trump's election. No doubt they will use his election and his generalization of Muslims to attract more members.

From Republican Senators McCain and Graham

“It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted,” “We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.”

“We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home,” they said. “We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.”

Edited by kamahele

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

if "special relationship" UK cancels a state visit

IMO the petition will not succeed. It seems one of the reasons for push back is Trump's attempt to avoid, or at least set the groundwork to minimise the embarrassment when meeting the future King of England by not discussing climate change which Prince Charles has supported for 40 years.

Unsure how HMG would respond to USA banning entry to UK dual citizens, or indeed any other Western ally dual citizens with Muslim heritage.

Edited by simple1

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

IMO the petition will not succeed. It seems one of the reasons for push back is Trump's attempt to avoid, or at least set the groundwork to minimise the embarrassment when meeting the future King of England by not discussing climate change which Prince Charles has supported for 40 years.

Unsure how HMG would respond to USA banning entry to UK dual citizens, or indeed any other Western ally dual citizens with Muslim heritage.

HMG has now confirmed will not apply to dual nationals departing from the UK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38789821

Trump has agreed to take approx 1600 Iraqi/Iranian nationals currently held in offshore detention camps by Oz government.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/29/donald-trump-malcolm-turnbull-phone-call-immigration-ban-muslim

I agree that there have been a bunch of sore losers after this election and a lot of over the top fear mongering.. which I would call out and don't agree with

But this is not that and is based on a specific executive order that i don't believe is good for the country

Its not just the sore losers in this case...

It seems there are a large number of those that presumably also voted for Trump against this one...

I have not seen many of the sore losers being called out.

If you call everyone Hitler, and everything a constitutional crisis, when a real Hitler or crisis comes along, no one will believe you.

I'm not a fan of Kim Kardashian but this image comes from her last tweet.

deathstatssmall.jpg.e8d2886136f09e659e819ea5afd1b0e5.jpg

There are over 350 million American citizens in the US. If their were 350 million Islamist terrorists in the US do you think the numbers would go up?

You guys crack me up.

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Petition to stop Trumps UK State visit now at 500,000 and climbing. Fasted rising official government petition ever ( that's what is being reported but not officially confirmed yet)

No the fastest rising one was the false Brexit one when the  arrogant cultural marxists in the UK realised the people had spoken and wanted out the EU and they tried to petition because they were too lazy to vote

Let me guess who is reporting this ? The BBC or one of the other leftie liberal news sources with their alternative truths ? 

Edited by Savilesghost

27 minutes ago, kowpot said:

THE AMERICAS

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada welcomes refugees

Published January 29, 2017 

Well, good then.  I guess Canada will have to pay for the other wall!!

Funny that, every Canadian i know, and i know a few have big concerns about refugees and immigrants arriving in Canada with their hands out looking for freebies 

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I have not seen many of the sore losers being called out.

If you call everyone Hitler, and everything a constitutional crisis, when a real Hitler or crisis comes along, no one will believe you.

Cry wolf....the cultural marxists are brilliant at it...Lenin, Stalin and other communist leaders used it even more effectively than Hitler to keep people from voicing their opinion