Top Nazi propagandist Goebbels' secretary dies at 106

webfact

Top Nazi propagandist Goebbels' secretary dies at 106

Brunhilde Pomsel, the former secretary to Nazi Germany's propaganda boss Joseph Goebbels, has died aged 106.

Her job brought her into close contact with Goebbels - one of the worst war criminals of the 20th century.

She was one of the last surviving members of staff from the Nazi hierarchy, who only spoke about her experience later in life.

Full storyhttp://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38793048

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-30

She clearly wasn't a very good secretary as she had no idea about the orders to exterminate millions of Jews?  At the Nuremberg trail, hundreds, if not thousands of letters, executive orders etc. were used as evidence...signed and co-signed by Gobbels himself, amongst others!  

Therefore, he must've typed them himself, singed them and then handed them over the mail room!

I doubt very much that she knew nothing while working for someone like Goebels,she would have had to be blind and deaf, however she had a job to do as a typist or secretary, what was she supposed to do, protest as one little cog in the machine and end up in a KZ ? She did what most people would have done,keep your mouth shut and drink tea.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I doubt very much that she knew nothing while working for someone like Goebels,she would have had to be blind and deaf, however she had a job to do as a typist or secretary, what was she supposed to do, protest as one little cog in the machine and end up in a KZ ? She did what most people would have done,keep your mouth shut and drink tea.

Of course. As a secretary to Goebbels she'd have to have been a party member and thoroughly vetted by the SD who'd keep check on all in such positions. She would have had to have been very careful as one false move arousing suspicion could have fatal consequences.

I doubt she actually decided anything or was part of decisions.

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Of course. As a secretary to Goebbels she'd have to have been a party member and thoroughly vetted by the SD who'd keep check on all in such positions. She would have had to have been very careful as one false move arousing suspicion could have fatal consequences.

Only got a job with Goebbels after joining the Nazi Party. She decided that bit.

"Her skill as a typist, she said, brought her to the role of Joseph Goebbels' secretary in 1942, during the war, when he was minister of "public enlightenment and propaganda."

I applied for this job in Thailand, but the only gig available was filled. 

A timely reminder. Generations have passed since the rise of the Third Reich and people forget. It can happen again. It may already be happening again. Vigilance, resistance and speaking out are the orders of the day. 

Edited by Gecko123

2 hours ago, whinginggit said:

She clearly wasn't a very good secretary as she had no idea about the orders to exterminate millions of Jews?  At the Nuremberg trail, hundreds, if not thousands of letters, executive orders etc. were used as evidence...signed and co-signed by Gobbels himself, amongst others!  

Therefore, he must've typed them himself, singed them and then handed them over the mail room!

You sure about that?  That really wasn't Goebbels' department. I don't know why he would be signing such orders.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

A timely reminder. Generations have passed since the rise of the Third Reich and people forget. It can happen again. It may already be happening again. Vigilance, resistance and speaking out are the orders of the day. 

Indeed.

Pope Francis warned against populism, saying it could lead to the election of "saviours" like Hitler.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-warns-against-populism-saviours-hitler-001439301.html

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Nothing was learned from the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany.

Many of the countries who fought against them - and those who were persecuted by them - went on to make the second half of the 20th century one of the bloodiest periods in world history.

When I think of the countless war atrocities committed by Leaders, soldiers etc. the cry's for men that were posted as 18/19 yr old guards at concentration camps to be hung drawn and quartered, and now some of you lot demonising someone because they were a secretary. It is pathetic.  I am sure she knew a lot about her 'employer' but she was a 'secretary'. Just as Kellyann Conway knows the truth about POTUS but she lies everyday in front of the camera to protect him. It's what secretaries do.

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

She did not have to be a Nazi party member to get a job as Goebbels's secretary. Many very high officers and officials were not party members. For instance Field Marshal Rommel was not a party member...

7 hours ago, whinginggit said:

"she had no idea about the orders to exterminate millions of Jews?"

which orders are they?..we are told that it was all done by word of mouth and thats why there are no documents /orders

Edited by Slartibardfast

1 hour ago, Slartibardfast said:

"she had no idea about the orders to exterminate millions of Jews?"

which orders are they?..we are told that it was all done by word of mouth and thats why there are no documents /orders

I doubt if you have been told anything at all other than from some mates down the pub. Others more interested in actually researching the past might check out the Wannsee Conference of 1942.

4 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

When I think of the countless war atrocities committed by Leaders, soldiers etc. the cry's for men that were posted as 18/19 yr old guards at concentration camps to be hung drawn and quartered, and now some of you lot demonising someone because they were a secretary. It is pathetic.  I am sure she knew a lot about her 'employer' but she was a 'secretary'. Just as Kellyann Conway knows the truth about POTUS but she lies everyday in front of the camera to protect him. It's what secretaries do.

She was not just a secretary. She was a full member of the Nazi Party before she got the job. When someone says 'I am sure....' it always means that they are not sure of anything other than what just popped out of their head.

Edited by SheungWan

Just now, SheungWan said:

She was not just a secreatary. She was a full member of the Nazi Party before she got the job. When someone says 'I am sure....' it always means that they are not sure of anything other than what just popped out of their head.

There are plenty on here that are full members of the Republican party. Lets hope you hold them all to account for the crimes Trump will commit.

3 hours ago, Bonefish said:

She did not have to be a Nazi party member to get a job as Goebbels's secretary. Many very high officers and officials were not party members. For instance Field Marshal Rommel was not a party member...

But she was a member of the Nazi Party. What is the point you want to make regards this person? That she shouldn't have bothered?

2 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

There are plenty on here that are full members of the Republican party. Lets hope you hold them all to account for the crimes Trump will commit.

I don't think we really need an asinine hijacking of Nazi history to equate with the Trump administration right now.

1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

Actually it would be a very appropriate thing to closely review. Even the Pope thinks so .

There is a saying that if you are in a hole stop digging. Please stop desperately searching around for nonsense to hijack this thread to the topic of Trump.