Lottery Office warns of lifetime ban on lottery sale

webfact

Lottery Office warns of lifetime ban on lottery sale

886_Lottery.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The chairman of the state-run Government Lottery Office (GLO) yesterday warned both major and minor lottery agents that they could face lifetime cut from lottery quota allocation if they repeat abusing their privileges by selling their allocated quotas for profit.

This was revealed by Lt Gen Apirat Kongsompong, the GLO board chairman who oversees the lottery ticket sales.

He said the committee in charge of lottery ticket sales decided after a meeting yesterday to take immediate and severe action on individuals and parties who have abused of their privilege by selling on their lottery allocation quotas for profit.

For private individuals who have obtained their quotas from bookings made through Krungthai Bank’s ATM machines but persist in selling overpriced lottery tickets, three warnings will be given before being slapped with a lifetime ban.

This has been deemed necessary as many honest sellers regularly queue for long periods in order to make bookings at ATM machines but are more often than not denied access by these unscrupulous sellers who then sells their quotas to them at marked up prices.

The GLO will continue to weed out these types of sellers so that more and more honest sellers from the regular public can make a living, he said.

He also said as for charitable organizations that have been allocated quotas but have abused their privileges, a similar lifetime ban will also be handed out.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lottery-office-warns-lifetime-ban-lottery-sale/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-31

in every level of thai society people love to make threats, they rarely carry out the threat.

the threat is often an attempt to save face or show how powerful the threat make is however,  bizarrely, the fact the threat usually never comes to anything doesn't seem to cause loss of face.

a thai lady and western bf were asked to leave my apartment building due to their unacceptable behaviour witnessed by many other residents and the cctv. massive loss of face to the lady so threats were made involving lawyers and police, blah blah, blah. what happened? absolutely nothing.

nothing to do with the authorities everything to do with her growing up, behaving like an adult and accepting responsibility for her actions.

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone take these threats seriously ?

Nearly everyday we hear threats from powers that be, but rarely are any carried out.

Yessir, non-enforcement is the problem here, or rather selected enforcement if you will.

Same with other topics like driving-while-blind aka DUI - only one reason why/how they got it under control (sort of) back home and that is strict enforcement of very high fines, financially or revocation of license if necessary.

Already happened some 30, 35 years ago though ... 

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that the lottery was "reformed"?

Has there been some back-sliding?

Street prices seem to be back up to 90 baht?

Last time i asked they were 120 again....the crackdown is not valid anymore and the police not interested.

Here in CM several of ther large perment set ups on footpath are owned , supply lotto tickets and hire people to exvchange cash for tickets and set price, by policemen.  They even place'' no parking'' except for lotto customers signs on public parking zones. The bib it appears, answer to no one except a higher ranking bib. The same can be said for several organizations who are susposed to be tasked with serving the Thai public.

I keep hoping they can find a honest alpha male to put in charge /with a crew, with balls to fire, jail, sieze assets,etc equally, in a time frame of 4 months.

I wanted to buy a 5 ticket packet with the same numbers with a pay out of 30 million a couple of days ago. Could not find a vendor that would sell it for the 400 baht that it is worth. Everyone wanted 500 baht, told them all to stuff it. Pisses me off. 

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why not just do as Thais do pick the tickets they want get the correct money out ie 80 bht a ticket. If the seller starts saying there 90 drop the tickets and walk away. I never pay over 80 bht a ticket so called special tickets or not.

If and when I buy I quite often hand back the tickets when they pull them off and leave a big chunk of the corner stuck to the board with staples.

Makes them void.

Then I pull of another ticket, carefully.

Edited by overherebc

38 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

I wanted to buy a 5 ticket packet with the same numbers with a pay out of 30 million a couple of days ago. Could not find a vendor that would sell it for the 400 baht that it is worth. Everyone wanted 500 baht, told them all to stuff it. Pisses me off. 

The good news is you still have 400 baht instead of the nothing you were going to have.

3 hours ago, pieeyed said:

That's what they try just politely remind d them what there doing is ilegal mrs does it all the time. Then she asks for thete lottery official number. By this stage about 6 of the old women who sell the tickets at the post office steps in KK are closing there boxes and heading north. The one she is talking to suddenly sells here the book of 5 for 400 bht.