Crashed rented bike prob

Xaos

1 minute ago, Flustered said:

Read previous posts. I have already responded to this.

There is insurance if you want it and are prepared to pay for it.

Unfortunately, most renters want a toy bike for a day and are only prepared to pay 100 baht for it. The thought of paying 250baht+ a day for insurance is beyond their capability.

we aks about 8 insurance companys and no offer insurance for scooters

name me the insurance company?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenrunCM said:

bullshit, we renting out bikes, there is no insurance, and even on your pic is nothing written about insurance, only is written, that the rental shop pays. they will charge you extra money and if you have an accident they will find a reason why you anyway have to pay.

Tell me 1 insurance company who offer insurance for rental bikes?

Insurance is available for rental but will not cover theft. Most accident insurance policies are priced at a level that will ensure in the case of damage, they have covered the costs.

1 minute ago, Flustered said:

Insurance is available for rental but will not cover theft. Most accident insurance policies are priced at a level that will ensure in the case of damage, they have covered the costs.

dont talk around, name me the companys who will do the insurance?

or don´t spread storys you can´t prove

4 minutes ago, chickenrunCM said:

bullshit, we renting out bikes, there is no insurance, and even on your pic is nothing written about insurance, only is written, that the rental shop pays. they will charge you extra money and if you have an accident they will find a reason why you anyway have to pay.

http://www.siam-solution-insurance.com/en/rental/rental-motorbike-insurance.aspx

OK or Bullshit?

Apology accepted.

3 minutes ago, chickenrunCM said:

Read my post, I am saying there is no insurance to cover rental bikes, I didnt post the pic.

Some offer personal accident insurance, broken leg etc

7 minutes ago, Flustered said:

did you ever looked at it?

its around 250 thb/ day/person, and covers only up to 8000 baht for motorbike damage - 2000 thb self payment

so if a couple rent out a sccoter its 500 thb a day, if they have accident they have to pay first 2000 thb and then insurance pays 6000 thn up to 8000 damage, this is not an inusrance it is a scam

this includes accident insurance what you can get for a year for 1500 baht here you pay 250 per day

Your very rude questions were as follows

"we aks about 8 insurance companys and no offer insurance for scooters

name me the insurance company?"

"dont talk around, name me the companys who will do the insurance?

or don´t spread storys you can´t prove"

I gave you the insurance company as asked for. I told you in a previous post that it was expensive.

I accept your apology.:sorry:

17 minutes ago, Flustered said:

They are not doing the buyer any favors, rent for a month and you have spent more than the coverage. I stand corrected, appears there is limited insurance for rentals.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hahaha.... That's funny :)

OP, if your friend still has his passport and not the rental place, then tell him to offer the quoted repair costs or nothing.
If the rental company has his passport, he will have to negotiate as best he can...

Holding a Passport from another Person is illegal and can be reported as lost for a getting a new one at your Embassy.

(I was told that personally by a Police man in Ko tao Island . )

But, many people are not aware and fear violent owners treathening etc.

I personally also owned a PCX 150cc , and replaced many Original parts directly at Honda Dealer and the cheapest, front side piece ,  was less than 600 thb, incl. labour.

The bigger parts may cost surely not much more then 1000 THB , and even the front plexi- glass was dirt cheap , all incl. work at the Honda dealer here near Airport in Chiangmai.

If you have further question contact in PN.

Greets and good luck

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

They are not doing the buyer any favors, rent for a month and you have spent more than the coverage. I stand corrected, appears there is limited insurance for rentals.

I agree that insurance is expensive, no doubting that.

It's a pity that chickenrun in Chiang Mai did not check around first before insulting everyone who said there was no insurance available.

Not a very good advert if he rents out bikes. I wonder what else he does no know. Also funny how his English is broken on this thread as if it is not his first language but perfect on others.

2 hours ago, Flustered said:

FACT....FACT.....I had comprehensive insurance on a rental bike. The deductable was 2,000 baht....FACT

I always use a reputable bike renter. The bike/scooter in question last year was a Honda Forza and I paid for fully comp and received a certificate which was validated. MInd you, I am an IAMs member and had both my UK driving license, IAMs card and International driving license as well as a copy of my UK insurance for good measure.

I use a major company, not a back street scammer. If you rent from a back street scammer, expect to pay the piper.

OK now I understand why you can get insurance that no one else can.

You're an IAMs member!!!! And not only that you also have a copy of your UK insurance!!

Why didn't you say so before?

9 hours ago, Xaos said:

Rental guy got nothing. No passport. And wrong adress.

We dont have Mityon quote cuz he took bike away and was talking rude to girl over the phone who did talking and had nothing to do with it.

Obviously he wants to play jet ski game.

I advised him to to go there as he want him come meet.

He will shout double price in his face they will surround him and not let go away without paying.

I told him negotiate over the phone if the price is fair pay if not tell him stright u not going to pay it. What he can do. Police is useless.

I told him put bike back to Mityon get proper quote not made up quote from ur friend garage. Made him mad.

My friend is willing to pay Mityon bill and something extra on the top of it, but we need to know real fix price not made up price cuz that can be anything right.

Rent guy want he pay whatever rent man says.

Keep in mind its bike with 20 000km on clock, whats the value of it 40k max. So if he asks 20k thats half of value.

Damage is only where u keep ur right foot that all part is broken and bend up, theres some frame pupe under or looks like crash pipe its bend. Thats worst damage and then few scratches on panels.

I had crash on pcx once I did emergency breaking at 100km h and wheel locked I slided like 50m, it costs 5k to fix.

Thx for help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Honda dealer costs surely not more than 3000thb , incl. work.

2 minutes ago, thedemon said:

OK now I understand why you can get insurance that no one else can.

You're an IAMs member!!!! And not only that you also have a copy of your UK insurance!!

Why didn't you say so before?

I bring copies of all of my insurances and licenses with me when I travel, it works wonders when applying for insurance. For some reason they love to see proof that you can ride/drive.

I am just surprised that so many inexperienced riders have crashes and wonder why they have to pay for the damage..

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

Op started out; my friend blah blah and a few scratches to a few panels... Well if its the bike shown thats a tad more than a 'few' scratches lol, who is being scammed here? is sounding like 'your friend' is looking at doing a Runner.

He's Trashed the bike, he needs to pay up and maybe learn to ride a bike competently, has he got a bike licence? Don't know what else you are looking for from TVF members, advice is get a rough quote yourself - ok, then see what the owner is asking at some point meet in middle if possible and settle the cost of damage.

If is 5k Baht at Miyon or whatever I would snatch their hand off, I have repaired lotrs of bikes over the years and the damge to that is over 5K Baht in total easy and at Thai rates too. The frame looks goosed.

Good luck with it anyway

wrong , wrong and wrong .....how can you even give statements about the frame condition without ever driven it or seen 1:1 is a miracle !

This topic turned into a complete mess. Just repair the bloody bike, don't talk to the renter about it and if he notices what is he gonna do? Charge for replacing the old stuff with shiny new parts? Come on... the whole situation was handled badly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wump said:

This topic turned into a complete mess. Just repair the bloody bike, don't talk to the renter about it and if he notices what is he gonna do? Charge for replacing the old stuff with shiny new parts? Come on... the whole situation was handled badly.

And how do you suggest the rentee get the smashed bike back from the renter to undertake the repairs ?

• Like 2

Don't give it to back him before having it repaired in the first place. Hindsight, I know... just negotiate a deal now and try to be smarter next time.

Forget about insurance. Most places don't offer it and the ones that do still have some excess and the price difference is just not worth it, bikes and repairs being so cheap here.

Just now, wump said:

Don't give it to back him before having it repaired in the first place. Hindsight, I know... just negotiate a deal now and try to be smarter next time.

Forget about insurance. Most places don't offer it and the ones that do still have some excess and the price difference is just not worth it, bikes and repairs being so cheap here.

Yeah the Rentee did not give it back to the Renter. Are your eyes painted on or did you not bother to read the posts by the OP ?

Your very rude questions were as follows

"we aks about 8 insurance companys and no offer insurance for scooters
name me the insurance company?"

"dont talk around, name me the companys who will do the insurance?
or don´t spread storys you can´t prove"

I gave you the insurance company as asked for. I told you in a previous post that it was expensive.

I accept your apology.:sorry:

Dont forget exces
On my ducati its 30k

3 hours ago, laislica said:

To those who want to rent......

To those who say there is no insurance.......

It CAN be done!

(PS Photo almost 3 years old)

IMG_0807.JPG

Don't believe all you read....

I rented from these guys once, a PCX funnily enough..

The bike broke down up at Doi Inthanon, they wouldn't come and get me !!! Told me to arrange my own transport back..

I left the bike up there and carried on with my trip... They didn't have my passport..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah the Rentee did not give it back to the Renter. Are your eyes painted on or did you not bother to read the posts by the OP ?

Sorry, English is not my native language and I mixed up your statement earlier containing "rentee" and "renter", my apologies.

So no problem then. Just repair it, bring it back, reimburse the shop for the lost rental time, stand your ground and get police involved if necessary. I doubt they take the renter's side and even if they do, the few Bath that need to be exchange are probably still a lot less then the standard scam repair.

They have standardized forms in many rental places and the listed replacement prices are outrageous. My friend scratched 2 bikes in Koh Phangan and had to pay 5,000 baht each time. The scratches were tiny and I doubt they had them even fixed for the 500-1000 Baht it would have cost them.

When I break some parts, I just have them done, no questions asked.

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is no insurance available on rental bikes, its common knowledge.

Adding most people including farangs who ride them are not appropriately licensed, I have had motorcycle insurance, as there are 1 or 2 travel insurers who allowed you to pay more for the policy to get motorcycle insurance, however to be fair that was a good 4-5 years ago when I took it out.

Just now, wump said:

Sorry, English is not my native language and I mixed up your statement earlier containing "rentee" and "renter", my apologies.

So no problem then. Just repair it, bring it back, reimburse the shop for the lost rental time, stand your ground and get police involved if necessary. I doubt they take the renter's side and even if they do, the few Bath that need to be exchange are probably still a lot less then the standard scam repair.

They have standardized forms in many rental places and the listed replacement prices are outrageous. My friend scratched 2 bikes in Koh Phangan and had to pay 5,000 baht each time. The scratches were tiny and I doubt they had them even fixed for the 500-1000 Baht it would have cost them.

I believe the intent of the person that crashed the bike was to get it repaired hence he took it to Mityon however somehow the owner found out and went and collected the damaged scoot.

1 minute ago, wump said:

some places would refuse to fix damages if the bike is rented, so happen in ko tao island , they send all farangs back to negotiate with the rental shop

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I believe the intent of the person that crashed the bike was to get it repaired hence he took it to Mityon however somehow the owner found out and went and collected the damaged scoot.

Must have missed that part. Can't he just go to some independent shop? 

As for Koh Tao, this probably has to do with the island being so tiny and mafia-run. If I was a repair shop owner I wouldn't want to step on some renter-scammers foot or I might and up as fish bait.

6 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Bla bla bla, what a bunch of BS, his friend is doing the right thing.  Like any Thais they try to fill their pockets with farang money.  I hope that is friend has enough balls to stick up to his guns.

Just a thought here, what would it cost the bike renter to have a cop go to the hospital to obtain the address of the bike renter and then perhaps pay him a visit, like I said, just a thought, I know that the "friend" had an accident, and the person who rented the bike to the "friend" is probably trying to extort money, more than the damage is worth, so why not say, something on the lines of, look, I will give you 24 hours to think about it, half of whatever the quote is, paid into your account and the matter is final, if he says no after 24 hours then suggest you engage a lawyer, just my thoughts, after all, the bike was damaged, your paying above what it would cost to repair, but its putting it to rest, if it can be, because I know Thai's don't like to lose face, so I am told 555

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just a thought here, what would it cost the bike renter to have a cop go to the hospital to obtain the address of the bike renter and then perhaps pay him a visit, like I said, just a thought, I know that the "friend" had an accident, and the person who rented the bike to the "friend" is probably trying to extort money, more than the damage is worth, so why not say, something on the lines of, look, I will give you 24 hours to think about it, half of whatever the quote is, paid into your account and the matter is final, if he says no after 24 hours then suggest you engage a lawyer, just my thoughts, after all, the bike was damaged, your paying above what it would cost to repair, but its putting it to rest, if it can be, because I know Thai's don't like to lose face, so I am told 555

Good thinking, that's a nice thought.  Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xaos said:

Do you understand that owner is in to scams as well?

Last year my other mate rented z800 from him for 2 weeks, he had no accident nothing. When he went give it back this guy was showing.him some old scratches and chip stones and was screaming for few 1000s. Friend said ok u shut up i rent it for big longer only then he shut up. But he had try already for no reason.
B. Rd guys. And hey we are in Pattaya anything goes here.

So your mate rented from a shonky bike rental outfit that already tried to rip another mate off last year.

There's a quote from Forrest Gump here somewhere and it aint 'Run....'

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 7:56 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

This is a fairing for said scooter, can be had for about 200$ (the whole kit), I saw one place.

set-body-fairing-red-honda-pcx-125150-v3

Good to know. Mrs NL's 2 year-old PCX is showing some wear and tear around the edges so that might be a nice little fix up.

• Like 1