Customs seize 100 million baht of fake sports shoes

rooster59

Customs seize 100 million baht of fake sports shoes

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQzMi8yMTYzMzkwLzc2MTI5NS0wMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

In an ongoing crackdown on pirated goods entering and being sold in Thailand the Customs and Excise department announced a seizure of 70,000 pairs of sports shoes worth 100 million baht.

The department raided a warehouse in the Sri Nakharin Road in Muang district of Samut Prakarn. A Chinese caretaker was arrested.

The haul included famous brands such as Nike, Adidas and Converse and the shoes had entered the country through the Bangkok port on February first from China.

Customs and Excise said that in the year since January 2016 they had made 969 arrests and seized goods to the value of 122 million baht in the crackdown on pirated merchandise.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-04

The pickle of the question now what are they going to  with 70,000

pairs of runners? were them all themselves they can't, the only solution

will be to burn them, or give them to the soldiers for free to wear....

I think the thing that gets up the nostrils of the government is that these fake shoes were manufactured in China. Had they had been manufactured in Thailand and exported to other countries that would be OK because the manufacturing and exports stats would show up better. Not to mention the local content opportunities for commissions for the "connected".

My wife's relative has a shoe company ... he gave me a couple of pairs.

Stamped on the inside ... Made in France ... he said I'll put whatever the customer wants on the shoes and the box ...

Shoes were okay, lasted well ...

4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

My wife's relative has a shoe company ... he gave me a couple of pairs.

Stamped on the inside ... Made in France ... he said I'll put whatever the customer wants on the shoes and the box ...

Shoes were okay, lasted well ...

if the shoe fits wear it who cares where they came from

34 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

if the shoe fits wear it who cares where they came from

If those very same shoes were nicely packed in a cardboard box stamped with the particular logo, and were on a store shelf in L.A., how much would they sell for, or are these all seconds from the Chinese factories?

Nike trainers as well as all the rest of the overpriced footwear, are not made in the USA (YET), but maybe the quality is far inferior?

2 hours ago, paul18620 said:

give them away to the barstool warriors in Pattaya so they can run away from their bar lady girlfriends 

Or maybe the old Bangkok guys..oh wait they think they can all walk on water so don't need the use of them!

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

The pickle of the question now what are they going to  with 70,000

pairs of runners? were them all themselves they can't, the only solution

will be to burn them, or give them to the soldiers for free to wear....

Exactly ezzra giving them away to the poor would be out of the question. They will likely have a burning pointing ceremony. They are not elephant tusks they are shoes. 

100 million at the famous brands retail price off of the top of their heads i expect can we have the landed Samut Prakarn ex China worth.

Well with transport and markups etc etc and a shelf price of maybe 1000 Baht. Let,s be generous and say 200 Baht per pair...so 14 Million maybe. Maybe even less ;)

Whats 70.000 pairs of Sports Shoes and B100 million (sounds Good) when you are trying to convince the world you are straight, no more fakes in Thailand we have cleaned our act up and so on.

The problem is Thailand is Fake it's bulls rear end stuff, day after day, Those in the hot seat now, do not know the difference between the truth and lies as they have been lying all their lives and always will, but the outside world does know 

Its only a matter of time now.

The only looser here is Thailand as China got its money and no doubt will have the replacement shipment on route by now

China caretaker implies its all the Chinese fault, better than it being blamed on a Farang. Its never Thais fault is it

But when it is a thais fault (Japan) it is not a serious offence

LOSc and there ain't no smiles there any more

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

If those very same shoes were nicely packed in a cardboard box stamped with the particular logo, and were on a store shelf in L.A., how much would they sell for, or are these all seconds from the Chinese factories?

Nike trainers as well as all the rest of the overpriced footwear, are not made in the USA (YET), but maybe the quality is far inferior?

Or on the shelf in Central ??.....They're there also .

Odd.

Last week in MBK the stall holders, who sold fakes, were covering up their stalls as the cops were on their way. The odd thing was that they did this day after day, repeat raids which is not the norm. Time for a raise?

Stupid exercise and so infantile. If you bothered to look over the screening cloth you could see all the fakes. 

The shoe man clearly didn't get the nod.

Now, why was that I wonder?