What the USD-THB exchange rate at banks and money exchange places near Nana Plaza?

soistalker

Vasu Exchange, Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 (I always saw it from the BTS).

It's in the list from the link in post #2.

Todays cash rate is 34.9 for 100 USD notes.

If you have a million Dollars it might be worth to hunt for the top rate of 34.95 today :tongue: (SIA).

Bring crisp notes, high denominations (50, 100) preferred, no dog-ears,  no scribble etc.

Banks would give about 34.7 today.

I agree with all the posters recommending Vasu,  Very easy to get there - it's only meters from the Nana BTS station. Only need to bring a copy of your passport. They'll make a copy of that. Armed guards inside an AC waiting area. Exchange rates clearly posted. Every time I checked they beat the SuperRich rate. If there is a better place would love to hear about it.

The difference between the best and the worst rate, on a $100 exchange, is currently only 106 baht, hence it really isn't worth investing a whole bunch of energy into trying to find the absolute best rate, chances are you're going to easily find a rate that is in the middle and only 50 baht away from the optimum rate. (based on 33.79 vs 34.95 here: https://daytodaydata.net/)

Far better I reckon to just change your money and get on with your life rather than wasting time and effort on this.

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you have a million Dollars it might be worth to hunt for the top rate of 34.95 today :tongue: (SIA).

Bring crisp notes, high denominations (50, 100) preferred, no dog-ears,  no scribble etc.

I usually never think about the currency rate. Who brings thousands of dollars in currency? I use a VISA card at ATMs. The exchange rate seems to be set by the bank issuing the VISA card, and my credit union always gives be a good rate, usually at least as high as the TT rate shown on the SCB currency exchange web site. Not sure how they can do that and make a profit, but they are really, really dedicated to giving their customers good service. I haven't had to pass through the airport for 35 years, but back in the '70s they gave by farr the worst rate in the country, so only exchange enough there to pay the taxi to your hotel.

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, make sure all notes are in excellent condition otherwise they won't accept them.

i go back to the USA a couple times a year and usually bring btwn 4000 and 6000 usd with me each time.  i'll exchange that over the course of two months or so.  vasu has a great rate, super rich is good also.  spending 60thb on a r/t BTS ticket just to get to vasu might not be worth it, depends on how much you exchange.  i've also used an exchange in silom near the thai airways ticket office and chong nonsi BTS.  they have rates as good as vasu but i only use that one when i've got to go to thai airways office.

the OP asked for something around sukhumvit soi 7 so vasu is perfect.

The previous posters are correct. Been exchanging $USD and occasionally other currencies all over Thailand for 2+ decades and never found a better rate than Vasu @ Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, directly across the soi from Subway Sandwich Shop.

Stay away from the banks and their exchange booths.