Video of farang waiter working at Bangkok restaurant goes viral

webfact

We are from very different generations. 

I don't remember the last time I used my phone to make a telephone call.    

When I'm out I rarely put my phone in my pocket, I am constantly engaged in keeping up with the 1000 real friends I have on Facebook, updating my Instagram accounts, responding to Line messages and Facebook messenger messages.    

[emoji23] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

When I'm out I rarely put my phone in my pocket, I am constantly engaged in keeping up with the 1000 real friends I have on Facebook, updating my Instagram accounts, responding to Line messages and Facebook messenger messages.    

I love smart sarcasm.  Well done !

38 minutes ago, malt25 said:
2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I love smart sarcasm.  Well done !

If that was sarcasm then ouch!

If not, then what made you think I was being sarcastic?   

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes they coming from all over the world to become waiters here in Phuket because its so acceptable overhere.Is this what u try to get across?Fake news mate.

No not at all and not fake news.  Many many restaurants employ wait staff who are not Thai, meaning they are foreigners.  If you think that is fake you must either have your eyes closed or be just plain stupid.

47 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If that was sarcasm then ouch!

If not, then what made you think I was being sarcastic?   

1,000 real friends on FB. I took that as sarcasm. I doubt anyone knows 1,000 people let alone class them as friends.

I guess some people might know of 1,000 people, but I bet they couldn't name them if given a week.

I know some of the much younger generation have a few hundred "friends" on face book. But are they really friends of someone they've just added & maybe chat with once a year.

2 hours ago, Phuketboy said:

No not at all and not fake news.  Many many restaurants employ wait staff who are not Thai, meaning they are foreigners.  If you think that is fake you must either have your eyes closed or be just plain stupid.

Yeah some birma and cambo dishwassers.not a crew of farangs serving the table mate...

On 2/8/2017 at 8:55 AM, seancbk said:

Have you ever thought to go into McDonald's and ask the staff what the Thai is for Caramel Cream Frappe?   Surprised your wife (presuming she's Thai) doesn't know the Thai name.

Google translate give this - Khārā mel khrīm yĕn pĕn wûn 

"Callamel ceam fapphea".......but in order to get what you want.......use one of your pointing fingers in combination with the pictured menu on the counter.

Let this finger rest on the picture of your choice and subsequently stick up the number of fingers corresponding the quantity you desire.