webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

A lot of the attraction Thailand holds for me is the ability to get away from Farangs.....not go looking for a restaurant where one works as a waiter.

Ahhh so that's why you made 3000 posts on the farang in thailand forum...:shock1:

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

Your post. " My country is full with Thai restaurants and Thai people working in it. For us that is normal. But here they made the laws in a different way. " Again, I ask what point are you attempting to make ?

We all know the laws are different here. It's been that way for eons.

Most replies offer something helpful, informative, positive, argumentative, supportive or possibly humorous.

Your post is a bit like telling us all that night comes after day & if you stand out in the rain for long enough you'll get wet. It's common knowledge. So, again I ask, what point are you trying to make ?

A  Thai person working in a restaurant in my country is not newsworthy.if a farang does it in Thailand it is.

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

A  Thai person working in a restaurant in my country is not newsworthy.if a farang does it in Thailand it is.

Yes, I agree. I don't mean to be rude or to flame but I still don't understand your post. 

The headline infers the farang working is unusual. Most replies & comments agree that the story is somewhat newsworthy & unusual. Like I said earlier, you are kind of telling us all what we already know & accept. Like telling us that night follows day.

But, if you feel you have to agree with the headline, go for it.

23 hours ago, Thian said:

Even when my wife orders the food more than half of the times something goes wrong with our order. Even when i ask something in Thai (like for a knife or so) they reply to my wife and i'm invisible for them. They also don't know the difference between a butterknife or a steakknife.  They like to stand in the way, make a lot of noise with collecting plates/dishes, can't speak english of course, put my food at the other end of the table, don't make sure i have all condiments like pepper/salt/sauces..and so on...That's what i call dumb waiters, totally untrained and have never been to a real restaurant themselves.

Calm down! Calm down! We've all been there and feel your pain......555

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

If you deal with foreigners, or work in an international business, then yes, English is required.  If you live in Issan and never see foreigners, then no.  Not necessary.  I had an opportunity to work in the international department with one of my countries.  Learning Japanese was a requirement.  I didn't get the job. LOL

When I was spending time in Spanish speaking countries, I had a fairly good command of the language.  Could easily read it.  I've tried and tried to learn Thai.  Just can't do it other than some very basic stuff.  But at least I've tried!

Why should anybody know Thai in, say, Vegas, where I come from?  Absolutely not necessary.  Even in Thai restaurants.  The problem with your argument is then a restaurant worker in Vegas would need to learn some 50 languages in case somebody popped by who couldn't speak English?  Really? LOL  Kind of a stupid argument also.

You do realise more then just English speaking people come to Thailand dont you (English speaking nations dont even rate in the tops five countries visiting Thailand), with more Chinese coming to Thailand then any other nationality, so the Thais according to your argument should all be learning chinese as a second language, not English..

It really is a self entitlement attitude you have, thinking that all other countries should be making your life easier so you dont need to put the effort in by learning your language.

There country, there language. If they know english it's a bonus.

Edited by psyvolt

22 hours ago, Thian said:

You don't live in BKK matey....they hire the cheapest waiters they can find...totally uneducated it seems.

Last week i ordered 3 mini whoppers takeaway at burger king...after repeating my order 6 times i gave up and left the place. Even the chef didn't understand me.

Take a long stick next time and point it at the mini whopper  picture.

20 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Yes, I agree. I don't mean to be rude or to flame but I still don't understand your post. 

The headline infers the farang working is unusual. Most replies & comments agree that the story is somewhat newsworthy & unusual. Like I said earlier, you are kind of telling us all what we already know & accept. Like telling us that night follows day.

But, if you feel you have to agree with the headline, go for it.

why dont u first make a actual visit to Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why don't u first make a actual visit to Thailand.

Been visiting for over 15 years stopped counting after 30 or so visits. Been living here permanently 3 years. Check my profile & you'd see that.

Next question.

20 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

You do realise more then just English speaking people come to Thailand dont you (English speaking nations dont even rate in the tops five countries visiting Thailand), with more Chinese coming to Thailand then any other nationality, so the Thais according to your argument should all be learning chinese as a second language, not English..

It really is a self entitlement attitude you have, thinking that all other countries should be making your life easier so you dont need to put the effort in by learning your language.

There country, there language. If they know english it's a bonus.

I consider myself lucky to be a native English speaker.  Very lucky. I travel extensively and see how hard it is for travelers who speak little English. 

2 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Been visiting for over 15 years stopped counting after 30 or so visits. Been living here permanently 3 years. Check my profile & you'd see that.

Next question.

sorry but i do not have any question for u.maybe u can discuss matters with another person thank u good bye

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I consider myself lucky to be a native English speaker.  Very lucky. I travel extensively and see how hard it is for travelers who speak little English. 

Just as ive had problems when I've travelled to countries that don't speak english, but I don't bitch and mian that they should make my life easier and learn my language.

6 hours ago, bandito said:

Nearly all waiters and waitresses in a restaurant, after 1700 hrs, are students trying to earn something extra.

They wake up at 0600 hrs in the morning and go to school until 1600 or 1700 hrs.

A quick bite to eat in the local 7/11 and working to about 2300 or 2400 hrs nighttime, every day.

So calling these boys and girls "dumb waiters" is not nice and shows your ignorance of life here in Thailand.

If they dont like it they can just leave

6 hours ago, Mike555 said:

No big deal. I was at an Italian restaurant downtown a few weeks ago -- half of the waiters were Italian. Seen foreign waiters a ton here. But my guess is that these guys have no work permit, so these videos might not be doing them any favors. lol

Yeah probably  down town New York.

16 hours ago, Thian said:

I do speak Thai but when i use it they still don't understand me cause they speak lao or have some other way of pronouncing it. 

100= nung roi...but in BKK they say loi nung...how should i know that? And so on....

Arroy Dee = Aree Doy = Sap Dee = Sap Lie.  :smile:

On 2/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, Thian said:

You don't live in BKK matey....they hire the cheapest waiters they can find...totally uneducated it seems.

Last week i ordered 3 mini whoppers takeaway at burger king...after repeating my order 6 times i gave up and left the place. Even the chef didn't understand me.

Umm aren't they called Whopper Juniors or Junior Whoppers??? I've never heard of a mini whopper and I asked a couple Thai people I am with and 2 foreigners as well. No chefs there either lol.