immigration charging for tm30?

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

This was the first TM30 I have ever lodged.

... I then asked her how they actually want this played in order I don't get fined again. There answer was simple, each and every time away from the province for than 24hrs, you need to report again when I am back. Each and every time I  leave and enter the country, I  need to report again. Since that fine in November I have been in and out of the country 3 times and 3 times I have reported again and each time I have asked them, Is this really necessary coming back to the exact same address and wasting mine and there time and each time the answer is Yes, or get fined again.
The only saving grace is you don't need to fill in a new TM30 form every time. Just your original tear off slip, TM6 card and passport.They enter you on the system and issue you a receipt. That's it. Nothing on the original tear off slip. Just keep the slip, receipt and TM6 card.
I haven't yet had a need to report back of just being out of the province and returning.
You have been lucky so far in not reporting again. If you want to confirm what I am telling you, then ask upstairs in the office where the TM30 police team are. No good asking downstairs as I believe they have no idea looking at some of the reports on here.

Thank you for the detailed reply.  I will be following those rules on my next out-and-back.  Appreciate the info.  You may have saved me some trouble in the future. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Can I ask which immigration you use ?

Seems like the most highly populated ( with farang ) areas, Bangkok, CM, Pattaya etcare being more picky !
The more remote immigrations are less well informed, or maybe are more well informed !

Who knows !!
I certainly don't emoji20.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I live near Phayao which has a new Immigration office, but not highly populated by farang. They require a TM30 when you travel and stay away from your permanent address

11 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Either way if you read the red part of the notice be it under section 37 or section 38 Chon Buri Immigration are fining for failing to report to immigration EVERY TIME you arrive within 24 hrs. Myself and hundreds of others have had the fine of 4000 THB to prove it.

yes we know, but not sure about the 100's, but this thread is about a tm30 form, landlords form and you keep posting about a tm28 visitors form, 2 different forms and as ubonjoe posted 2 different fines.

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Chonburi - about 2 wks ago for a 30-day extension.  The TM-30 in my passport from months before was fine, as I had not moved, even though I had left the country and returned on a new Tourist Visa.  The address on the latest TM6 (arrival/departure card), which I filed on entry, matches my TM-30 Address.  No fines, no problems.

If you move - yes, inform them immediately.  But leaving/returning from abroad to the same address where you already have a TM-30 filed??  Was this the case in your situation?  Or was this your first TM-30 at that address?

Exactly my experience also.  Just submit the TM-30 every time you need to visit immigration.  

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes we know, but not sure about the 100's, but this thread is about a tm30 form, landlords form and you keep posting about a tm28 visitors form, 2 different forms and as ubonjoe posted 2 different fines.

I am posting regarding a TM30 form which also a form residents and any other foreign visitors need to report with or get reported. The TM28 form is a change of address notification form so until you understand exactly what is being discussed and what each form is actually for, I suggest you keep quiet.

• Like 1

The  penalties stipulated in Chapter, 8 Penalty of the Immigration Act are for the guidance of judges in courts of law, who decide each case on its merits.

For the issuance of what I call "summary fines", Immigration officials are bound by what Section 84 of the English translation of the Immigration Act refers to as the "settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement Commission my deem proper." This is a list of fines which I have so far been unable to find, despite great efforts.

Section 84 : In all offenses under this Act, except the provisions of Section 62 Para.1 Section 63 , 64, 71 and 82 Para.2. The settlement Commission ,consisting of the Police Department’s Director General or Representative, the Public Prosecution Department’s Director General or Representative, and the Immigration Division’s Commander or Representative, as the, members shall have the authority to assign duty of settlement to the Inquiry Official or the competent official by fixing a settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement Commission my deem proper.

When the offender has paid the fine as stipulate, the case shall be deemed settled under the Criminal Procedure Code.

Today, I have seen for the first time a reference to the settlement rule and its date of issue, on the receipt posted by Lovethailandelite, whom I thank for it.

Case settlement 263-59.gif

Actually, I now realise that I saw this reference before, in the receipt I posted here, buy I did not recognise it because that receipt is all in Thai.

Case settlement 38-59.gif

19 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Here is the fine receipt for anybody doubting that they are fining you for failing to comply.

20170207_103609.jpg

still talking about tm28, opps i didn't keep quiet

Edited by steve187

I am posting regarding a TM30 form which also a form residents and any other foreign visitors need to report with or get reported. The TM28 form is a change of address notification form so until you understand exactly what is being discussed and what each form is actually for, I suggest you keep quiet.

This is your interpretation of TM30. If you look at the form it says who is responsible for submitting it.

You are giving the impression that every long stay visitor has to return this form.

Immigration have decided that they want you to, you gave them no choice by asking if by failing to make such a report you would always be subject to a 'fine'.

We had a lawyer post here who suggested how the system was designed to work which was quite logical, if the purpose of these reports was to be informed of where aliens are staying. It has now developed to the point where no logic can be applied and induced paranoia in everybody, even a bone fide tourist from New Zealand was asking about it! You were fined for something beyond logic and from that little acorn this great tree has grown.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

still talking about tm28, opps i didn't keep quiet

Just for the record this fine is for not staying where you told them you were staying it is Chapter 4 Temporary Stay in The Kingdom, section 37 (2). The max fine for that is 2000 plus 200 per day non conpliance.
Did you not stay at the place you reported on your Arrival/ depature card(TM 6)
I mention it because if as it appears they have fined you for two stays.
They seem to have invented the requirement for a TM28 to back up TM6. allowing them to apply fines in hindsight. A TM6 has a counterfoil handed in at departure so they can not deny receiving that notification of address.

• Like 1

Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration has a sign posted stating a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day after it was due.
589917b430a5b_documentsrequiredbyDesk9reTM28.JPG.2c23e94e57857762011828e42e4bf815.JPG

Returning to this piece of paper it occurs to me that the fact that Ch4 sectiion 37(2) of the Immigraion Act has been quoted as justification for reporting within 24 hours (printed in red) of arrival in the country. Perhaps he doesn't know where you have said you will stay and this information is assumed to be known, in fact you can't fail to comply with 37(2) without it, so that is the first thing he needs.
Is it possible that we have credited Immigration with more coordination than they have? That the landing card is kept in Bangkok and regional offices are not informed of your details?

I just had a Thai translate into English and you are 100% correct that you were fined for not notifying of your residence.

The stamped legend actually says Foreigner who has been given permission to stay temporarily in the Kingdom "did not remain" at the place reported to the official. (Section 37.2)

On 2/7/2017 at 8:26 PM, Maestro said:

The  penalties stipulated in Chapter, 8 Penalty of the Immigration Act are for the guidance of judges in courts of law, who decide each case on its merits.

For the issuance of what I call "summary fines", Immigration officials are bound by what Section 84 of the English translation of the Immigration Act refers to as the "settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement Commission my deem proper." This is a list of fines which I have so far been unable to find, despite great efforts.

Today, I have seen for the first time a reference to the settlement rule and its date of issue, on the receipt posted by Lovethailandelite, whom I thank for it.

Case settlement 263-59.gif

Actually, I now realise that I saw this reference before, in the receipt I posted here, buy I did not recognise it because that receipt is all in Thai.

Case settlement 38-59.gif

I rejoiced too early: the lines I cut out from the receipts can't be the reference number of the settlement rules and its date of issue. The dates shown on the receipts are the issue dates of the fines, the number must be a consecutive number referring to an entry of the fine decision (case settlement) in a logbook, with the number after the forward slash being the year B.E. 2559 (2016)

Using the Thai text that has been translated as "according to case settlement" on the fine receipt I searched the immigration website and found three entries regarding "case settlements" in Lamphun for THB 1600 for contravention of section 38 of the Immigration Act, ie for not submitting the notification of arrival of a foreigner within 24 hours (TM.30)

Unfortunately, I cannot read Thai but one of the cases seems to be about a 57-year-old foreigner who was fined 6x1,600 Baht, total 9,600 Baht, on 13 DEC 2016 for six violations of section 38. So there we have it: the official fine according to the settlement rules for late submission of the TM.30 currently appears to be THB 1,600, not or no longer THB 800 as shown in a receipt issued on 10 MAR 2016.

OK folks, I am really confused. I have been living in Thailand as my primary address since 2006. I have lived in a rented house, later purchasing a house with my wife. Every time I enter Thailand I fill out my address in the TM6. I have 10 extensions of stay by marriage at Jomtien immigration, always listing the house I am staying in.

I have never heard of a TM-30... I travel a lot, flying international 1-4 times a month. Often I only get to stay home for the weekend. 

So - even though I have had a stable address and immigration has never mentioned it before, do I really need to go in and waste a half a day every time I come back into the country?

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 0:58 AM, nard said:

no receipt was given.

I also got a certificate of residence (for a thai drivers licence)at the same time which was also 500 baht.But I don't have a problem with that as the same paper from my embassy would have cost a lot more

So you're not bothered about right or wrong, you are only bothered about what suits you and where you can save a few baht :sad:

• Like 1

OK folks, I am really confused. I have been living in Thailand as my primary address since 2006. I have lived in a rented house, later purchasing a house with my wife. Every time I enter Thailand I fill out my address in the TM6. I have 10 extensions of stay by marriage at Jomtien immigration, always listing the house I am staying in.

I have never heard of a TM-30... I travel a lot, flying international 1-4 times a month. Often I only get to stay home for the weekend. 

So - even though I have had a stable address and immigration has never mentioned it before, do I really need to go in and waste a half a day every time I come back into the country?

Not if they haven't told you to. There is a possibilty that Immigration in Jomtien don't have the details of the TM6 but even in that case if you are married and living in your house I should think that Immigration assumes that is where you are. The TM30 is for the householder to inform Immigration that they are accomodating an alien. I don't think that any Immigration Officer is going to suggest that your wife should report your presence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

Not if they haven't told you to. There is a possibilty that Immigration in Jomtien don't have the details of the TM6 but even in that case if you are married and living in your house I should think that Immigration assumes that is where you are. The TM30 is for the householder to inform Immigration that they are accomodating an alien. I don't think that any Immigration Officer is going to suggest that your wife should report your presence.

Thanks a lot!

That is a load off my mind.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:45 PM, tgeezer said:

Many have been fined for exactly that "offense."  The spirit of the law is to know where you are - perfectly reasonable.  The reality is that some offices are looking to fine people for technicalities - and many have been fined because their wives did not file a TM-30 for them.

• Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, uptheos said:

So you're not bothered about right or wrong, you are only bothered about what suits you and where you can save a few baht :sad:

if I wasn't bothered about what is right or wrong I wouldn't have bothered writing a post about.but I'm not bothered about saving a few baht.I only really wanted to know if other immigration offices are charging a 500 baht fee for tm30.☹

On 2/7/2017 at 1:58 AM, nard said:

no receipt was given.

I also got a certificate of residence (for a thai drivers licence)at the same time which was also 500 baht.But I don't have a problem with that as the same paper from my embassy would have cost a lot more

This is a FREE service. Please go back and demand your money is returned or say you will report this corrupt policeman. <off-topic comment deleted>

NEVER give immigration police a tip or tell them to keep the change, it is highly immoral!!!

We will never be able to integrate if people keep doing this.

Edited by Maestro
deleted off-topic comment

I have been living in Phayao for 5 or 6 years on a retirement visa, with regular trips out of Thailand.  I have never heard of this TM-30, nor have I ever reported my residence, (Khun wifes house in Phayao,) and never had this mentioned at any 90 day repot or visa extension visit to Immigration.  How has this happened?  I live opposite the village police post, and resident officer knows very well I am staying there. Last year I got a yellow book residence permit or whatever it is called, which I try to show at every visit to Immigration, but nobody is interested in it. 

All 90 and visa extensions done at Chiang Rai or Mae Sai, both very helpful and friendly.

Now we have an immigration office at Phayao, where I was charged 2000 Baht fro a 90 day report, (to help the Immigration officer!) no receipt given despite my request for one.  I will need an extension for my retirement visa next month and doubt if it will be easy at Phayao, and if I do not have a TM3- on file, am I in for trouble??

I am presuming that there is no change in the retirement visa rules; 800K Baht in the bank for 90 days, address in Thailand.  Is there anywhere that this is written in English on an official site, so I can take a copy to show the Phayao Immigration is cast they try to be funny?

Robin

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robin said:

I have been living in Phayao for 5 or 6 years on a retirement visa, with regular trips out of Thailand.  I have never heard of this TM-30, nor have I ever reported my residence, (Khun wifes house in Phayao,) and never had this mentioned at any 90 day repot or visa extension visit to Immigration.  How has this happened?  I live opposite the village police post, and resident officer knows very well I am staying there. Last year I got a yellow book residence permit or whatever it is called, which I try to show at every visit to Immigration, but nobody is interested in it. 

All 90 and visa extensions done at Chiang Rai or Mae Sai, both very helpful and friendly.

Now we have an immigration office at Phayao, where I was charged 2000 Baht fro a 90 day report, (to help the Immigration officer!) no receipt given despite my request for one.  I will need an extension for my retirement visa next month and doubt if it will be easy at Phayao, and if I do not have a TM3- on file, am I in for trouble??

I am presuming that there is no change in the retirement visa rules; 800K Baht in the bank for 90 days, address in Thailand.  Is there anywhere that this is written in English on an official site, so I can take a copy to show the Phayao Immigration is cast they try to be funny?

Robin

Unbelievable!!!!!!

I hope "khun wife" was not with you. 

Not read all posts here so this might already have been raised.

I've never done a TM30 at an immigration office, only at my local police station since the IO is 80km from home, police station 200 metres. The police TM30 has always been acceptable to immigration.

Has this changed recently so that it must be done at an IO?

My last TM30 was over a year ago.

Edited by MartinL

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Robin

Wow, if you are going to be expected to make a 2,000 THB "contribution" towards the upkeep of the Phayao Immigration Office Tea Club each time you go there for a 90-day report, I would strongly advise you to mail it in to them instead!

As regards retirement extension rules, Police Order 777-2551 (and in particular section 2.22 on page 9) remains the bible:-

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robin said:

Robin

I have had two 90 day reports processed at Phayao and have never been charged  any money