"Don't employ kids in the sex trade!" - top cop appeals to industry after underage worker found

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the need to say such a thing speaks volumes. Thailand has a different type of alternative fact category to the growing alternative facts from Uncle big hair small hands. It's a kinda alternative alternative facts, that was around long before the alternative facts.

If there were no takers for young girls, no men buying sex then there would be no sex industry, every man that has come to Thailand and bought the services of a girl is guilty, they should have raided the place sealed all exits find out who paid for who then prosecute the men, that were with underage girls. They return home and put on the sex offenders list. It might kill the sex tourist industry a bit but does that matter? The men that frequent and pay for sex should be disuaded from using prostitutes, Thailand is associated with sex tourism. Pattaya, Bankok and other places are just seedy and I am not surprised farangs are picked on they bring g the whole country down with there lust for cheap and young sex. 

It's the demand that fuels the supply, make it very risky to avail yourself of these girls, and boys then the sex industry will falter.

Just now, draks said:

If there were no takers for young girls, no men buying sex then there would be no sex industry, every man that has come to Thailand and bought the services of a girl is guilty, they should have raided the place sealed all exits find out who paid for who then prosecute the men, that were with underage girls. They return home and put on the sex offenders list. It might kill the sex tourist industry a bit but does that matter? The men that frequent and pay for sex should be disuaded from using prostitutes, Thailand is associated with sex tourism. Pattaya, Bankok and other places are just seedy and I am not surprised farangs are picked on they bring g the whole country down with there lust for cheap and young sex. 

It's the demand that fuels the supply, make it very risky to avail yourself of these girls, and boys then the sex industry will falter.

i dont disagree with some of what your saying. i assume you dont come or live here.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Entertainment venues of this nature must not employ girls under the age of 18.

I believed prostitution was officially illegal in Thailand even if it sounds like a joke...  But this statement seems to imply that if the sex workers are over 18 years of age is okay to employ them...  Am I missing something? 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Should it not face closure for being in the sex trade [if the headline is correct in it's assertion that this was going on at the "well know venue"}.

Brown  envelopes ,  late  again ,  you have been warned .

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Give out severe sentences to people using their services, like long jail terms.

These people are as bad the people in the service.

Hardly TW

Would you ask for their birth cert or ID card before a massage? 

It is solely the responsibility of the Madam here to check the girls she uses (sic) are of legal age. 

Same as everything in Thailand human trafficking, child exploitation, murder rape nothing is evil enough that can’t be bought off and paid for in Thailand, if you have the money and right contacts you can get off with anything prison in Thailand is not a deterrent or an option for many wealthy people.    

"The business is now in the hands of his wife Jintana Mankornkaew who has been summonsed to appear before police. "

Probably done by email..."would you like to pop down the Police station as we would quite like to talk to you. If this is not convenient, could you let us know. Please do not leave the country or disappear as we won't be able to find you and will have to forget all about this. "

I guess they had no officers available to go and arrest her as they were all busy 'gathering evidence' at the parlour.

"appeal to the industry"... is this an admission that there IS a sex trade in LOS, despite prostitution being illegal?

Soapie massage parlours, gogos and bars with girls who have numbers are not illegal. Paying for sex is not illegal. Paying for underage sex is illegal as is employing underage girls (or boys) to work in such places.

6 hours ago, trogers said:

Address the demand side of the equation...or is this task too difficult due to the demand of dirty old men in the Thai hierarchy...

This has two side to the equation, supply & demand.
Cut one out & the other becomes obsolete!!

It can be tackled from either direction, either cut out the supply in which case the "demand" goes elsewhere or try to stop the "demand" entering at the borders.

I think the latter is almost impossible to achieve as you would have to "profile" every person on entry to the country, so maybe the supply is the easiest to tackle if you want real results!

First of all the police are "appealing" to the sex trade businesses not to employ under age kids??..you mean they are pleasantly asking them???..In any case...Er Um..isn't prostitution illegal in Thailand?...so now its ok to sell sex as long as you're not under age correct?

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I would be grateful if someone can explain why someone caught underage in a massage parlour falls into the human trafficking category?

She could well be a 'volunteer' worker, not coerced in any way and just lying about her age to the employer.

While the 21 year old next to her was (hypothetically) taken by force from her village but because she isn't underage, doesn't come under the category?

Something I have never understood here; I had always thought that underage sex and trafficking were two separate offences, and unless there is proof to the contrary, should be processes individually. 

And just for clarity, I am in no way condoning underage sex with the above questions.

You pre-suppose the police know what they are doing. On the whole they process according to BS and who pays the most. It is a really sorry state of affairs 

First of all the police are "appealing" to the sex trade businesses not to employ under age kids??..you mean they are pleasantly asking them???..In any case...Er Um..isn't prostitution illegal in Thailand?...so now its ok to sell sex as long as you're not under age correct?

Correct. Under 18 is illegal.

Another "top cop". How many "top cops" are there? . Every RTP person seems to be a "top cop" these days. There are also "top brass" police who are more important than "top cops". To compare;  the roadside masked bandits trying to steal pumpkins are "top cops".  But those who collect 50,000/month from Thai Beverage are "top brass". Important for humble civilians to know the pecking order of Thai corrupt money grabbers.

8 hours ago, trogers said:

Address the demand side of the equation...or is this task too difficult due to the demand of dirty old men in the Thai hierarchy...

I assume that you can only be referring (quite rightly) to the under-age sex services, as otherwise you are demanding an impossible task, as the industry has been flourishing for thousands of years all over the world. There is a case for legitimatising  the adult sex industry though, so that it can be controlled with participants kept healthy and hopefully free from all the sleaze bags who run some of the current joints.

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Give out severe sentences to people using their services, like long jail terms.

These people are as bad the people in the service.

17yrs 11mths and 29/30 days is under 18. 18 seems to be the legal limit now. It used to be 20. Still, do you think someone should spend a lengthy jail term for having it off with someone they thought was 18+ but may be a day or two younger. I assume you think prostitution and using such a service is bad. Up to you, but please try to keep your Christian morals to yourself. Maybe you think Thailand should convert.:cheesy:

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

17yrs 11mths and 29/30 days is under 18. 18 seems to be the legal limit now. It used to be 20. Still, do you think someone should spend a lengthy jail term for having it off with someone they thought was 18+ but may be a day or two younger. I assume you think prostitution and using such a service is bad. Up to you, but please try to keep your Christian morals to yourself. Maybe you think Thailand should convert.:cheesy:

If you feel the need to shag prostitutes, up to you.

Not my cup of tea.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.