Thai Visa Elite Superiority Extension

Have I got this right or have I missed something????

For a one off payment of one million baht, I can get a 20 year visa (5 year renewable) that will allow me to come and go as I please with no re entry permit required, no 800,000 baht in bank or proof of pension, plus being met and assisted etc.

Too good to be true?

• Like 2

Not quite, Nick O'Teen.

2,000,000 Baht for 20 years + 20,000 Baht per year fee.

You can go for the Easy Access option.

500,000 Baht for 5 years with no fee.

You still need to comply with 90-day reporting.

Edit

Oops, sorry, you're right. There does now appear to be a 20 years for 1 million baht option called the Superiority Extension.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 1

You've got it right. The only thing to note is that the visa is only issued for five years at a time. Although it should be automatically renewed every five years that will only happen so long as the scheme is still in place. It's government owned/backed so there's no reason why the scheme would be withdrawn, and if it were they should refund part of the upfront fee.

From what I understand, it was meant for frequent visitors and not retirees but due to not thinking it through, it seems to offer an excellent back door to retirement. No producing bank statements, no producing pension statements, no police checks etc.

Hope it holds good for a few more years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flustered said:

From what I understand, it was meant for frequent visitors and not retirees but due to not thinking it through, it seems to offer an excellent back door to retirement. No producing bank statements, no producing pension statements, no police checks etc.

I couldn´t agree more....

When my METV expires later this summer my only decision will be between 500k for 5 yrs and 1mn for 20..... But if you def know you want to stay in TH for a very long time than, imho, the 1mn for 20 years, is a very interesting alternative to the other visa and extension options currently available.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flustered said:

what fantastic value,50,000bht.per.yr.for back door retirement,which you have to do ONCE A YR.

but you still have to DO YOUR 90DAYS REPORT.

i would call that DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.

15 minutes ago, meatboy said:

I wouldn't :-)))

Ah, isn't that a great thing that "freedom

of choice"!? Having said that, at below 50 my personal choices appear much more limited than yours at the moment. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, meatboy said:

what fantastic value,50,000bht.per.yr.for back door retirement,which you have to do ONCE A YR.

There is no getting away from the requirement to do a 90 day report as it's a matter of legislation. The requirement isn't the Elite company's doing.

Some people have had success using the 90 day online repoeting form, others (including me) haven't.

If you live in some areas the Elite staff will do your 90 day report for you. Just send your passport across to them - or take it yourself if you don't have a trusted messenger.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, meatboy said:

136 bht a day is a real killer to stay here LEGALLY for 20 years with no immigration issues isn't it? Oh, and if the 90 day report is too hard for you, then Thailand Elite will take on that burdensome task and do it for you.....For free.
Personally, I would start saving up as it could very well be the future. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, meatboy said:

Elite will do your 90 day reports for you but you must still deliver and retrieve your passport but at least no queue.

i for one WOULD PAY for not having to travel to immigration 5times a yr.especially after having 2visits above,its only 20minute's drive to korat immig.and the 90days report is done in less that 5minutes.

as for the extension,that is no great shakes,one letter from the bank[the wife gets] every thing else is photo copies and not forgetting,

1,900bht.

50,000bht. HALF that amout might get me thinking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meatboy said:

i for one WOULD PAY for not having to travel to immigration 5times a yr.especially after having 2visits above,its only 20minute's drive to korat immig.and the 90days report is done in less that 5minutes.

as for the extension,that is no great shakes,one letter from the bank[the wife gets] every thing else is photo copies and not forgetting,

1,900bht.

50,000bht. HALF that amout might get me thinking.

For 25,000 a year an agent would rip your your arm off to do everything for you, including your 90 day report. You would never need to go anywhere near an immigration office ever again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, meatboy said:

for the unders 50's it is a good idea,and for those who love the playboy life.

but what about the OVER 70's who have done all that and now want to put their feet up.:sleep:

i am not prepared to put up that kind of money with NO GUARANTEE.

The money you use to pay for things has no guarantee either (the same as in most countries) but I'm guessing you use it/save it. The only guarantee is that money is issued by governments.

Thailand Elite is issued in conjunction with a goverment too.

Even if the government said "we guarantee" the duration of your visa, what difference would it make? A successive government could change their mind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DUS said:

It´s the same old arguments over and over again.... LOL..... But as for the over 70ies, yes, I actually do agree with you that signing up for a 20 years membership might potentially be not the wisest decision. ;-) But then again, they can easily go down either the Non-O route or sign up for a 5 years TE membership. You see, it is about CHOICE, nothing else. 

So many people who cannot or do not want to pay for TE always seem to get emotional and agitated whenever the topic comes up. It´s quite funny actually!

Yes it is funny to see you pay 1 million bhat for a "tourist visa " from TE.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Yes it is funny to see you pay 1 million bhat for a "tourist visa " from TE.

Well, I haven´t (yet?) but if it provided entertainment to you if I did then I guess you might want to thank me for it..... LOL 

#JOKING #TAKEADEEPBREATH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

I have an extension based on Business. Last year it took 8 visits to immigration by one of my staff to get my submission accepted. The pile of documents was 2.5 centimetres thick.

This is on top of the special procedures our staff have to do each month to obtain the relevant evidence I will need for my submission.

It is just painful. If I could have a work permit with the Elite visa I would - however, sadly, it is not possible.

Agreed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

For 25,000 a year an agent would rip your your arm off to do everything for you, including your 90 day report. You would never need to go anywhere near an immigration office ever again.

Oh really.. Care to explain how that works for the under 50s ??