Transferring business procedure?

I'm american, age 49, and have been living here in thailand for over 4 years.

..I have a friend who went to SCM to setup a business/corporation entity.  they charged him 15k baht to do this.  he did this 3 years ago.

anyway, he decided to just get a retirement visa, and retire.

..in I come, I want to open a business here.  so, I thought that I might be able to save money by having my friend transfer his corporation to me.

when we went to SCM to have this done, they said the fee for transferring my friend's corporation to me would be 45k. (?)

they said their expenses have increased. (?)

anyway, I like to know just what is the truth regarding the process of transferring a corporation from one person to another.  and also the costs involved.

I want to open up a small pizza restaurant serving san francisco style pizza by the slice. ..sourdough crust, etc.

any information would be most appreciated.  thank you.

When a shareholder sells his share or the company changes & new shareholders are now required the Company change costs vary. Again this may depend if the company requires licenses etc.

Our basic fee for this service is 7,500 baht plus VAT plus government fees. Cigarette, Liquor, Food license would be more. Every firm in Thailand is different on prices. We tend to do it as a loss leader as a introduction to businesses available or retail space we have on our books. Our lawyer has been doing this for over 15 years.