Breaking: Police refute swede's 'stolen bike' story

snoop1130

Breaking: Police refute swede's 'stolen bike' story

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

1124.jpg

A red-black Honda Click, the same model as Karlsson’s allegedly stolen (but definitely beloved) bike. Photo: 9CarThai

PATTAYA — The case of a Swedish tourist’s stolen motorbike took a surprising U-turn Friday afternoon with police insisting the man simply forgot where he parked the bike.

That was news to maybe-victim Kristofer Kwang Sun Karlsson, 36, who despite being described by his girlfriend as “forgetful,” insists it was stolen.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/02/10/breaking-police-refute-swedes-account-stolen-bike/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-2-10

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

It's certainly possible, perhaps dementia has set in?

It would be rare in a 36 year old but more common in my age group.  My Jazz was being serviced and I borrowed a mate's pickup.  After shopping at Tesco I wandered round the car-park for half an hour looking for my Jazz.  Then I remembered I'd driven a pickup.  Another 30 minutes later I realised I didn't know the make or colour.  I eventually found it by recognising some objects on the dashboard after peering inside a couple of hundred pickups.

28 minutes ago, mikebell said:

It would be rare in a 36 year old but more common in my age group.  My Jazz was being serviced and I borrowed a mate's pickup.  After shopping at Tesco I wandered round the car-park for half an hour looking for my Jazz.  Then I remembered I'd driven a pickup.  Another 30 minutes later I realised I didn't know the make or colour.  I eventually found it by recognising some objects on the dashboard after peering inside a couple of hundred pickups.

So the pickup didn't ring a bell.:saai:

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

[...]  I eventually found it by recognising some objects on the dashboard after peering inside a couple of hundred pickups.

That's why I love the remote for the central lock (combined with a beeper/hazard lights).

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!  <wipes away tear>  I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing with you!  :thumbsup:

On my last Pattaya rodeo (about 20 years ago) I agreed with a mate that he could borrow my car for a business trip to Bangkok the following morning and I would take his bike home that night. Keys swapped at the bar around 7 PM and out on the lash until the wee small hours. I woke up at home around noon with a huge hangover and the maid was giving me the stink eye as I supped my 'morning' coffee. Feeling a bit less seedy and having no real recollection of the previous night, I went to have a look at how badly I may have parked my car in the car port... and saw my mates bike in there instead. Wandered around the back of the house to ask the maid where me mate was.... more strange looks. Apparently I woke her up around 3 AM revving the bike and tooting the horn so she would open the gate and let me in (house keys were also with my car keys). I had absolutely no recollection of events from around 10 PM onwards the previous night but it all slowly started coming back to me. Scared the bejezuz out of me actually and since then, I have only misplaced the car once due to to overindulgence... but at least four times due to the more usual causes.