Buying condo- which papers to check with management?

The condo Office will supply the owner with a document showing that all fees are up to date, and in the case of foreign ownership, showing within the 49% allocation. It is the sellers responsibility to obtain the documents and present to the land office.

Pay an English speaking agent to prepare all that you need and get them to come with you to the land department. Give them 5000B - 10000B and they are happy depending on the amount of work involved. Don't get caught up doing the vendors work for him/her. 

24 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Pay an English speaking agent to prepare all that you need and get them to come with you to the land department. Give them 5000B - 10000B and they are happy depending on the amount of work involved. Don't get caught up doing the vendors work for him/her. 

All the buyer needs is their passport, the money and the FET form  (which they can get when they withdraw the money).

I'm not really sure how an agent can help with this. An agent could help with translation, however there isn't much to translate.

When the seller has handed in all their documents the buyer also hands in a signed copy of their passport and the FET form.

Wait until you get the nod, then go pay the land office fees and taxes, for which there is a receipt. Who pays what should have already been discussed.

Take the receipt back to the officer. Wait.

Sign a couple of forms and the buyer walks away with the chanote and the Tor Dor 13 (ท.ด.๑๓).

At this point you should also get the blue book and yellow book (if any). If there are any names in the book(s) it's time for the buyer and seller to go to the district office to get all previous names removed.

The buyer doesn't need the seller to do this, but it's considerably easier if they already have another house book lined up to be transferred into.

That's it really.

i've bought and sold several condos...because management companies rarely enforce the payment of fees, you must check and ensure that these are paid and up to date...the fees can be hefty, in the hundreds of thousands of baht in fees and penalties...Thais lack common sense, and do not realize that if they do not pay the monthly fees, there is no money for upkeep...as an example, there is a condo complex near me, that is in an amazing location, facing the ocean...but because fees have not been paid for years, the place doesn't even have money to keep the lights on...and garbage/pet feces litter the halls on each floor...no money for security or maintenance...when I enquired about the purchase of one particular condo, there was over 100,000 baht in late maintenance fees/penalties which suggested that fees had not been paid in about 8 to 10 years...the stupid thing about it was that the decline in the price of the condos in the development was certainly more than the unpaid fees...the units are impossible to sell, because the development has become a slum...all due to nonpayment and corruption on the part of the management staff and resident committee...

All the buyer needs is their passport, the money and the FET form  (which they can get when they withdraw the money).

I'm not really sure how an agent can help with this. An agent could help with translation, however there isn't much to translate.

When the seller has handed in all their documents the buyer also hands in a signed copy of their passport and the FET form.

Wait until you get the nod, then go pay the land office fees and taxes, for which there is a receipt. Who pays what should have already been discussed.

Take the receipt back to the officer. Wait.

Sign a couple of forms and the buyer walks away with the chanote and the Tor Dor 13 (ท.ด.๑๓).

At this point you should also get the blue book and yellow book (if any). If there are any names in the book(s) it's time for the buyer and seller to go to the district office to get all previous names removed.

The buyer doesn't need the seller to do this, but it's considerably easier if they already have another house book lined up to be transferred into.

That's it really.

I don't think the land office issues the yellow book, isn't that the local ampher. I have only ever received a blank blue book from land office.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I don't think the land office issues the yellow book, isn't that the local ampher. I have only ever received a blank blue book from land office.

I agree. Blue and Yellow books are issued from the amphur/khet. In general, though, if the seller has them they tend to bring them to the land office along with the keys, etc.