Please tell me what you hear

tropo

This is a sound bite of a Thai woman saying several words in English. She is talking to English speakers. I'd like to hear opinions on what English speakers hear when they listen to this. I won't say what it is about as I don't want to influence your opinion on what you hear.

6 minutes ago, jpinx said:

Bargirl English for "He wife work at gogo".  Now tell us the rest of the story? ;)

Sorry, I can't tell you the story here. This sound bite comes from a video, which has been used as evidence in a court case.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Sorry, I can't tell you the story here. This sound bite comes from a video, which has been used as evidence in a court case.

That's just mean !!  :P  Tickling the curiosity buds and not giving satisfaction is a bit like a go-go girl who ultimately doesn't "go" ;)

Seems to me there are three valid interpretations:

1.  "He wife work at Global".  That is, his wife sells hardware products at a well known and well respected building supplier outlet.

2.  "He wife work at Gogol".  His wife is currently working on the stage production of Nikolia Gogol's 'Diary of a Madman' . A stage play particularly appropriate to western expats in Thailand.

3. "He wife works at Gaugin".  His wife is currently engaged in restoring one of the painting of Paul Gaugin at an art dealer workshop.

What is this "go go" you all mention?

1 hour ago, jpinx said:

That's just mean !!  :P  Tickling the curiosity buds and not giving satisfaction is a bit like a go-go girl who ultimately doesn't "go" ;)

One day, when I'm no longer in Thailand, I may write about it.

Seems to me there are three valid interpretations:
1.  "He wife work at Global".  That is, his wife sells hardware products at a well known and well respected building supplier outlet.
2.  "He wife work at Gogol".  His wife is currently working on the stage production of Nikolia Gogol's 'Diary of a Madman' . A stage play particularly appropriate to western expats in Thailand.
3. "He wife works at Gaugin".  His wife is currently engaged in restoring one of the painting of Paul Gaugin at an art dealer workshop.

What is this "go go" you all mention?

Yes my mistake, I think numbwe 3 is correct. You have a trained ear.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I finally got the missus to sit and listen (had to extract her from kapook)

and, through her natural thai lingo earhole biassed, upper and lower sideband hairnet filter, 

she agrees it says "he wife she work a go-go"

whoever the Thai fem who mouthed it - she must be a go-go herself, and is simply out to make trouble between you and your missus.

They are always jealous of a missus who has done better than them...

I've had the same tried on me.

Face the woman and make her lose face to apologise (with witnesses) for lying about your missus

- and quite magically she'll never darken your doorstep again,

because it would mean the subject being broached in her face yet again

On 2/13/2017 at 3:15 PM, tifino said:

I finally got the missus to sit and listen (had to extract her from kapook)

and, through her natural thai lingo earhole biassed, upper and lower sideband hairnet filter, 

she agrees it says "he wife she work a go-go"

whoever the Thai fem who mouthed it - she must be a go-go herself, and is simply out to make trouble between you and your missus.

They are always jealous of a missus who has done better than them...

I've had the same tried on me.

Face the woman and make her lose face to apologise (with witnesses) for lying about your missus

- and quite magically she'll never darken your doorstep again,

because it would mean the subject being broached in her face yet again

It has already escalated to a court case, with a second one about to start next month. Those words were uttered nearly a year ago.

I am more interested in hearing what Farang ears hear. Preferably ears without too much experience or knowledge of the Thai language. Perhaps this was the wrong forum as most here can at least understand some Thai.

I would be especially interested to hear about what English speakers who know nothing about "gogo" would hear. 

Surprisingly to me, no one hears what I hear, on here.

21 minutes ago, tropo said:

It has already escalated to a court case, with a second one about to start next month. Those words were uttered nearly a year ago.

I am more interested in hearing what Farang ears hear. Preferably ears without too much experience or knowledge of the Thai language. Perhaps this was the wrong forum as most here can at least understand some Thai.

I would be especially interested to hear about what English speakers who know nothing about "gogo" would hear. 

Surprisingly to me, no one hears what I hear, on here.

Thanks for the like! I actually hear same like everybody hear too. Just wanted to make it a little bit more like as bad as it really is. LOL

has this plateaued enough for us to now hear the rest?

besides, just for how long can you risk keeping a soundtrack on electronic media, before the courts jump on you for making public some evidence that has been heard within the court

( just looking after your back )

1 hour ago, tifino said:

has this plateaued enough for us to now hear the rest?

besides, just for how long can you risk keeping a soundtrack on electronic media, before the courts jump on you for making public some evidence that has been heard within the court

( just looking after your back )

There is no reference to who it is, so this should be ok. The comment was originally uttered in public, so it's no secret. Asking people what someone said is no crime.

In answer to your other question, no this has only just got started. When it is resolved I will possibly make a post about it in an effort to prevent other foreigners from making the same mistakes as I did with lawyers and court.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

He wife work a go go   (no at like some have added)

I hear it real clear

Your mind is already tainted. You know I live in Pattaya where there are hundreds of gogo bars. You know how Thai people pronounce gogo. I don't hear gogo, certainly not the way English people pronounce it. For example, if she was in NYC and said that to someone who has never been to Thailand or had experience with Thai people, what would they hear?

Archived