Pattaya police let serial snatch thief slip through their hands

webfact

Pattaya police let serial snatch thief slip through their hands

5pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- Police in Pattaya bungled an arrest at a house at the weekend letting a serial snatch thief slip away.

But they still found evidence at the rented room of a "countless" number of thefts committed by the same man.

Nong Preu cops descended on the address in Moo 13 of Banglamung on Saturday after 34 year old Dokdai Khamkanha had had her bag ripped from her while riding a motorcycle on Patanakarn Road on Friday.

She was injured in the robbery that netted her iPhone, a bankbook and cash.

When police arrived at the criminal's lair he managed to escape into the woods without a trace. Police hunted for him without success, reported Pattaya News on Facebook.

He is 35 year old Sithisak Suksophon, a native of Satahip. In his room police found items belonging to the latest victim and a stack of other evidence.

There were many women's bags, 11 telephones, amulets and foreign currency. Outside was a Honda Click motorcycle used in the robberies.

Nong Preu police said it was clear that Sithisak was responsible for countless robberies. They asked his suspected victims to contact them at the station to claim their property and help with the case.

They also asked for help from the public in locating the thief who had slipped through their fingers.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-13

This a**hole is just one of dozens who carry out these attacks 24/7. The cops will want to get a hold of him and give him a kicking for screwing up and being led to his "lair".

They must have tipped him off they were coming round as it is very obvious that they are all involved.

Both my GF and I have been victims of this I have seen  how this is dealt with first hand and the constant stream of people of all nationalities handing in a list for them to check off

so they can divide it all up between them later.

Notice it is pretty worthless small denomination notes from Brunei, Laos and I think China/Taiwan. Only see one US dollar and an Aussie note. 

I guess the big  stuff has already been dealt with.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Police hunted for him without success, reported Pattaya News on Facebook.

Pattaya News should be careful posting on Facebook it kind of casts the plod in a bad light. They should start a blood hound breeding program. It might bring their success rate up. If he was dumb enough to leave his mobile behind check for the last incoming call. 

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Will these wannabe cops be punished for tarnishing the squeaky clean reputation of the RTP?

Facebook could be considered a small computer in a sense. Throw the book at em computer crimes act with extenuating circumstances. 

Edited by elgordo38

On 13/02/2017 at 11:49 AM, webfact said:

They also asked for help from the public in locating the thief who had slipped through their fingers.

They also asked for help from the army; a dog with no nose; Sherlock Holmes and a lady from the nearest 7-11.  When this army of helpers arrived at the police station, there was no one home.