Lamborghini severed in half but driver unhurt in crash on palm tree

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So driver + 2 passengers inside a car with only 2 seats?  Thai's can't drive at the best of times.  They can't handle a Toyota VOS properly, get them behind the wheel of a high powered sports car like a Lamborghini and it's just asking for trouble.  Same as giving a kid a loaded gun and he thinking it's a toy.  

Driver should stick to 100cc plastic pig. Am I the only one that thinks Lambos etc don't look right on Thai roads where pick ups and boring Jap budget cars are the norm? All for show, but their owners have more money than sense when they're paying 3x the going rate. That equates to dumbo status in my eyes.

That story is almost as good as "the tree swerved towards me when I became air born"........an expensive lesson for the owner (friend), because insurance won't pay as his "friend" who borrowed the car and was speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeding, perhaps they can come to some agreement whereby his "friend" can slowly pay him back the cars assumed value of 40,000,000 baht, in weekly payments, e.g. 17,000 baht per week over the next 45 years of his life, assuming he is 25 years of age....lol

Edited by 4MyEgo

14 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I never knew there where so many Lamo's in Thai

But where there is rampant graft sorry Corruption your find the supercars and they say corruption does not pay

I have a Thai friend with a Lambo and know of another Thai guy who also owns one.

Both of them have totally legitimate businesses that they built from scratch over many years.

One is involved in telecom engineering and the other in server rack equipment.

Not everyone with money is corrupt.

13 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Anybody knows where the engines from such crashes end up?

I am not in the market for a 12 cyl Lamborghini engine, but could well fancy a high powered Benz/AMG diesel.

Where to buy 2nd hand?

Next year I'll be able to harvest rice at 4 seconds per rai.

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

I have a Thai friend with a Lambo and know of another Thai guy who also owns one.

Both of them have totally legitimate businesses that they built from scratch over many years.

not everyone but many

I wonder how your friend got any contracts without paying some favours? Just because he's not taking money does not mean he's not corrupt. :unsure: To be fair: I break many laws daily as well...it's the Catch 22 of living in a lawless state. I just don't pretend that I'm white as snow.

5555 That is not Lamborghini.If you look closely at phot o it is clearly visible that "Lamborghini "body is actually a cheap fiberglass,pieces of it is all over place.
View at front suspension (it is not clear)shows that most probably is old Toyota Celica with lots of fiberglass work to look like Lambo,there is lots of those in LOS.

15 minutes ago, faranginthailandonly said:

5555 That is not Lamborghini.If you look closely at phot o it is clearly visible that "Lamborghini "body is actually a cheap fiberglass,pieces of it is all over place.
View at front suspension (it is not clear)shows that most probably is old Toyota Celica with lots of fiberglass work to look like Lambo,there is lots of those in LOS.

Actually this car is made from carbon fibre, with the doors and roof made from steel......:whistling:

15 hours ago, saakura said:

As long as he had a driving license and was not drinking alcohol, this should not be a worry. I dont think anybody owning a lamborgini would be without first class insurance. This car has no way other than being declared a CTL (Comprehensive Total Loss) and the insurance company will pay for a new car less depreciation.

I know a few people who self insure their supercars and luxury cars. One of them explained to me that they weighed up the cost of insuring all of their cars (more than 10 vehicles) and figure out its cheaper in the long run, as long as they don't total loss one more than once every two years. The compulsory insurance of Baht 800 is still paid.

46 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That story is almost as good as "the tree swerved towards me when I became air born"........an expensive lesson for the owner (friend), because insurance won't pay as his "friend" who borrowed the car and was speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeding, perhaps they can come to some agreement whereby his "friend" can slowly pay him back the cars assumed value of 40,000,000 baht, in weekly payments, e.g. 17,000 baht per week over the next 45 years of his life, assuming he is 25 years of age....lol

I think you will find that if the vehicle is insured, the insurance will cover the cost regardless of whether the driver is charged with speeeeeeeeeding or DUI or indeed whether the driver actually has a licence to drive. 

24 minutes ago, SABloke said:

I wonder how your friend got any contracts without paying some favours? Just because he's not taking money does not mean he's not corrupt. :unsure: To be fair: I break many laws daily as well...it's the Catch 22 of living in a lawless state. I just don't pretend that I'm white as snow.

Doing things in business to help win a contract, such as paying for fancy dinners or even paying for holidays is not corruption, that is just how business works.

Paying off the Police to look the other way is corruption.  Not accepting a bid for a large project unless a bribe is paid, that is corruption. 

14 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Anybody knows where the engines from such crashes end up?

I am not in the market for a 12 cyl Lamborghini engine, but could well fancy a high powered Benz/AMG diesel.

Where to buy 2nd hand?

There's an area outside Bangkok located near Bang Phli that should have whatever engine you are looking for:  https://goo.gl/maps/cPnv4EaAEVQ2

1 minute ago, sandemara said:

Is being severed in half twice as bad as regular severing?

In this particular case, there seem to have been several severings thus accounting for the severe amount of damage with the car being torn asunder. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

As he drove on the steep portion on the Klong Kliang bridge, the car hopped and became airborne.

The car lost control, grazing a couple on a Honda motorcycle, hitting the sidewalk and ramming into a palm tree on the pavement.

Obviously the whole mess was the car's fault. It's a shame so many good drivers in Thailand  - in cars, buses, trucks etc - have traffic accidents because they get let down by the failure of crappy mechanical parts. Especially in super-powered vehicles.