Visa Run To Mae Sai.......

Hello all!!!! I live in Chiang Mai and I have to do a visa run. I arrived on October 19 and my passport was stamped for Dec. 17. My question is can I go for my visa run on Dec. 17 or do I have to go the day before on the 16th?

Hi!

It SHOULD be no problem at all to go same day they stamped your passport, but I also prefer to go one day earlier..!

Please let us know afterwards if they currently make any problems at MaeSai...because sometimes it seems they change their mind in dealing with visa-matters at least every week now...??!

Good luck,m.

Hello all!!!! I live in Chiang Mai and I have to do a visa run. I arrived on October 19 and my passport was stamped for Dec. 17. My question is can I go for my visa run on Dec. 17 or do I have to go the day before on the 16th?

Hi!

It SHOULD be no problem at all to go same day they stamped your passport, but I also prefer to go one day earlier..!

Please let us know afterwards if they currently make any problems at MaeSai...because sometimes it seems they change their mind in dealing with visa-matters at least every week now...??!

Good luck,m.

Seems like you had/have a tourist visa (arrived October 19 and passport stamped 'until December 17' - Two months right?). If you do, why don't you apply for a 30 day extension at the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai, cost is 1900 baht using a TM7 Extension Application? Save you a trip to Mae Sai?

If I apply for the TM7 extension, will I still be able to do 2 more visa runs for 30 day extensions? How many times can I apply for this TM7?

I do have a tourist visa and I'm working on a work visa. Has anyone ever had a problem at Mae Sai?

If I apply for the TM7 extension, will I still be able to do 2 more visa runs for 30 day extensions? How many times can I apply for this TM7?

I do have a tourist visa and I'm working on a work visa. Has anyone ever had a problem at Mae Sai?

A tourist visa obtained from a Consulate normally allows you to obtain a 30 day extension. This is one time for each tourist visa entry. This time in country will not count against the 90 day entry without visa limitation so you could follow with up to 3 x 30 day visa free entries. You will need to find work to obtain a work visa. Mai Sai can ask to see required funds of 10,000 baht for entry without visa and could close on short or no notice (it has closed with people on the other side in the past).

Before you make a run to mae sai, take a read on this one.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96681

This makes interesting reading as i am doing a run to mae sai this sunday 17th. Will be my third after coming here early sept on 60 day TV. Getting married xmas week so need everything to be ok. Not had anything put on passport apart from "walk" stamped on re-entry, It has been reported by others on here that have done border run by land 1st or 2nd written. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Going to KL to get married visa early jan so hopefully everything will be ok from then on in.

Will put report on here when i get back.

Okay, I'm going tomorrow by bus to Mae Sai and I will report when I return about the experience. I'm travelling with my girlfriend and someone had mentioned that sometimes the officer asks to see 10,000 baht......does that mean that my girlfriend and i each have to carry 10,000 baht in case the officer asks?

Also, how much is the visa extension at Mae Sai?

Is there a certain time the border opens / closes?

Mae Sai border run yesterday no probs BUT coming back into LOS immigration stamped my exit day twice in red 15th Jan and stapled all pages together 3 times (my 60 day TV and my 3 border run stamps) Guess they were telling me that was it for my Mae Sai visits !

Going to British Embassy to do affirmation of freedom to marry this week in CM and hopefully marry next week.

Is it better to go to KL or Penang for marriage visa before new year or ok after ?

Where is best to go for this ?

What paperwork do i need ?

Thankyou to all that can advise.

If a multi entry is your objective the only place that may still be providing is Singapore. But if a single entry and then extension of stay is your objective (or if you plan to leave) Penang and KL should be OK. Your marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card should be carried. I would do sooner rather than later as the Consulates are likely to get even busier as time goes by.

Looks like Mae Sai is going by the book on the 'visa runs'. At the end of last month I made my visa run and was told "you cannot come here next time".

As I've said earlier I'm off to Vientiane for a 60 day visa on the 27th and will go back to Australia, which I intended to do anyway, and look at my options when this runs out.

If a multi entry is your objective the only place that may still be providing is Singapore. But if a single entry and then extension of stay is your objective (or if you plan to leave) Penang and KL should be OK. Your marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card should be carried. I would do sooner rather than later as the Consulates are likely to get even busier as time goes by.

A single entry entry is all i require for now untill we go to the uk for 3 months end of march where i can acquire a non imm. "o" while selling my house.

Will i need to show proof of income when i go for marriage visa ?

(After paying for wedding party, gold for my wife and dowry it will leave my account with less than the 400,000 baht needed in my account )

I am a 1/3 owner and 1/3 share holding director of a uk company and have my salary paid by western union (easiest cheapest option ) will this with a letter from my business suffice as proof of income ? or do i need to start to get this paid into to Thai bank account ?

Thankyou again for your time and knowledge

The only option you have is family income of 40k per month. The 400k bank deposit is no longer accepted. Your income must be confirmed in a letter from your Embassy and you will have to present the supporting documents to immigration if/when asked if from overseas. If wife she will need last 3 months of tax receipts.

The only option you have is family income of 40k per month. The 400k bank deposit is no longer accepted. Your income must be confirmed in a letter from your Embassy and you will have to present the supporting documents to immigration if/when asked if from overseas. If wife she will need last 3 months of tax receipts.

40k isnt a problem i have around 100,000 per month salary.

What proof will i need to show British embassy here ?

Will the western union slips and a letter from my business as proof of income be enough ?

Thanks again for your words of wisdom Lopburi