Finnish tourist stabbed in the back by "Thai men" in Jomtien

webfact

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

After 36 years here I would have to say it is the safest place I have ever lived, and I include the whole of Thailand. The most dangerous place I ever lived was America, where 11 people were murdered on the streets within 100 yards of my apartment in the last 2 months that I was there ! When you walk out in many American cities at night you are risking your life.

Gee, you must have really been in the slums. I've lived in the US for maybe 30 years, no one was ever murdered within 100 yards on my houses.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

After 36 years here I would have to say it is the safest place I have ever lived, and I include the whole of Thailand. The most dangerous place I ever lived was America, where 11 people were murdered on the streets within 100 yards of my apartment in the last 2 months that I was there ! When you walk out in many American cities at night you are risking your life.

Can you be more specific as to your address, because Google said "bullshit" when I entered the data you volunteered...

41 minutes ago, champers said:

You seem to derive all your knowlege of Pattaya from news headlines. I bet you are dying to visit? Why else the fascination? Come on, own up. Nobody here will tell your wife. Promise.

No interest, only 18-21yr olds would find that area interesting, or in what I am assuming is most cases, old perverted men (or drunkards) from foreign countries. 

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

Can you be more specific as to your address, because Google said "bullshit" when I entered the data you volunteered...

He's right.  Pattaya is very safe compared to the UK, Europe,  South America or the USA.  If it wasn't I would not live here. The sensationalist headlines do the place a disservice but do keep softies, liberals, feminists, backers et al out of the place. 

44 minutes ago, The manic said:

Because it's a great place to live and these sensational headlines do not reflect realality. But if they keep people like you away - good. 

I think Pattaya is known around the world for its debauchery, more than "it's a great place to live".

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why on earth do people go to Pattaya

Just got back, walked Sois 6,7 and 8 at all hours and had not one problem. Don't get drunk and act stupid, treat everyone with respect and its much safer than most cities in Canada late at night. Had a great time, I prefer Jomtien or even further away from Pattaya past the Ambassador for longer stays as the beach is better but my week at the Hardrock was a blast. 

5 hours ago, The manic said:

Because it's a great place to live and these sensational headlines do not reflect realality. But if they keep people like you away - good. 

People like me, I didn't know we had met. What type of people is it that you want to reserve pattaya for. It's obviously not for family members, those that believe in law and order and the right for people to feel safe, you know people like me.

46 minutes ago, Thechook said:

People like me, I didn't know we had met. What type of people is it that you want to reserve pattaya for. It's obviously not for family members, those that believe in law and order and the right for people to feel safe, you know people like me.

I lived there with my family, had a clean business and followed the rules, there are lots more like me.

Its not all bad there.

:)

15 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

Never heard of Thais visiting Pattaya for the shopping!! LoL. They go for the seaside location and seafood only. Occasionally some young ones go for the clubbing.

And the opportunity to get into a fight with a drunk falang maybe.

11 hours ago, Cracker2000 said:

' common sense'....Got it in one, but is not as common as people think :)

ive lived in pattaya 17 years never had any trouble with the Thais had the odd problem with stupid farang. it all about common sense any where in the world but here they seem to leave there common sense back in their home land or they never had any to begin with.

10 hours ago, ocddave said:

One of the things my wife asked me when we met back in the US, was "have you ever been to Pattaya?", my answer was "What is Pattaya?". She told me if I had ever been there or visited there, she would have never dated me. I think that says all i need to know about Pattaya, the constant news articles of late-night bar fights, attacks on foreigners, robberies, prostitution, drugs, and less than savory characters that seem to frequent there, leaves me not really seeing the appeal. I am assuming this is the seedy side of Thailand, which I have no interest in seeing, so I doubt I will ever visit.

you may want to broaden your out look on life and try it for yourself than listening  to the wife. but having a wife in the first place tell me a lot.:smile:

Edited by catman20

11 hours ago, ocddave said:

One of the things my wife asked me when we met back in the US, was "have you ever been to Pattaya?", my answer was "What is Pattaya?". She told me if I had ever been there or visited there, she would have never dated me. I think that says all i need to know about Pattaya, the constant news articles of late-night bar fights, attacks on foreigners, robberies, prostitution, drugs, and less than savory characters that seem to frequent there, leaves me not really seeing the appeal. I am assuming this is the seedy side of Thailand, which I have no interest in seeing, so I doubt I will ever visit.

Yet here you are trolling the Pattaya forum for your jollies, hmmm!

16 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

In most large cities in Europe is it dangerous to be outdoors between sundown and sunup.

I was in Rotterdam in the Netherlands in 1999 and on my first day there, while with friends, I wanted to go out at 0400 hrs in the morning to buy cigarettes and my friend refused to unlock the door because in his words "are you crazy? you will be killed this time of the night. wait till 0700 hrs when it will be daylight". In the Thai town where I live I can go out and walk the streets alone any hour of the night. Nobody is bothering me.

19 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

So exactly which  ghetto were you living in?  Since you're an authority on the ENTIRE country AND ''MANY AMERICAN CITIES''  ...enlighten us.

Edited by Rimmer

1 hour ago, DKNY77 said:

So exactly which  ghetto were you living in?  Since you're an authority on the ENTIRE country AND ''MANY AMERICAN CITIES''  ...enlighten us.

huh... i think he was talking about gary Ind. methinks a cheap charlie gets what  he pays for ...............