Dhammachayo evades capture

webfact

6 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Good to see Prayut enforcing the law against the powerful and corrupt in Thailand regardless of who they are ...& doing it in a controlled, measured, respectful  and peaceful way! 

Maybe he can advise the US the next time they have a David Koresh situation ;)

The monk might have escaped, then again the Thai authorities might not have expected him to be there(contrary to all the assumptions made on this thread), however his assets have now been seized, including his flagship temple/HQ. ...match point Prayut!

"his assets have now been seized, including his flagship temple/HQ".

Yes, everybody seems to have missed that one!

And the fact that they started a search, then stopped, all went home, and resumed again the following day speaks volumes!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, sambum said:

"his assets have now been seized, including his flagship temple/HQ".

Yes, everybody seems to have missed that one!

And the fact that they started a search, then stopped, all went home, and resumed again the following day speaks volumes!

Meh. I'd wager it will be open and operating again fairly soon.

The bulk of his assets are probably overseas where anyone with any true wealth hides their assets. 

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

Meh. I'd wager it will be open and operating again fairly soon.

The bulk of his assets are probably overseas where anyone with any true wealth hides their assets. 

You're probably partially right with both comments, but no doubt assets will be seized (the temple and grounds are bound to be worth a bit) and it may well be open again soon, but who will be in charge?

Yesterday the Bangkok post reported that the search lasted 3 hours. 

I had the police search my house when I was a naughty  young buck during the nineties for a bit of weed and that lasted longer than 3 hours and their wasn't 4000 soldiers taken part, haven't they heard of shift work or is OT frowned upon. 

Perhaps they were all tired from eating the bbq fat on stick and somtam outside the temple.