Windows 10 - no updates this month?

OJAS

thanks Pib...from what I can see the latest update was KB3150513 installed on 22 - 03 - 2017, so must be the most recent available...can't see a version number anywhere but it is build 14393...

it's a new machine just put into service 2 days ago...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

4 hours ago, Pib said:

To see the version number go to Setting (the little gear icon), then System, and then click About.  It will give you a display like my post above.

got it...1607 it is...

I use the old 'control panel' and didn't see it...those modern things make me nervous...

Yea, with Win 10 I use some of the new menu stuff and some of the old menu stuff.    If you do not display OS Build 14393.969 you might want to click Check for Updates a few times under Update and Security.  

24 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yea, with Win 10 I use some of the new menu stuff and some of the old menu stuff.    If you do not display OS Build 14393.969 you might want to click Check for Updates a few times under Update and Security.  

nice one...just installed update KB4015438 per yer advice and now it looks like I'm 'in with the in crowd'...

see dobie gray's 'drift away' for a more recent hit (early 1970s)...

On 3/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, MikeWill said:

Just now (23.03.17) install new update: Cumulative Update for Win10 v.1607 for x64 - KB4015438

On 3/23/2017 at 0:40 PM, Pib said:

Yea, that update installed on my my two Win 10 computers last night....it took longer to install than the normal cumulative update....but it did install successfully on both.

Yep, I'm now downloading this update on to my laptop as we speak after performing an updates check. But I only installed the previous version of this update (KB4013429) on my laptop as recently as 15th March! So why only barely 1 week between these 2 particular cumulative updates? I thought that we were only supposed to get saddled with cumulative updates on a monthly basis!

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Some times a previous cumulative update has bugs....and then they need to provide another cumulative update to fix the previous update.  

OK, but I've downloaded and installed no fewer that 3 cumulative updates (so far!) this month:-

KB3213986 - 6th March

KB4013429 - 15th March

KB4015438 - today (24th March)

Hopefully, frequency of this order of magnitude is not a sign of things to come and MS are just making up for the February hiatus.:unsure:

Incidentally, do you know what the "good news" that the Windows 10 Creator Update is on its way is all about? Clicking on the link showing me how didn't yield any meaningful explanation for me!

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

OK, but I've downloaded and installed no fewer that 3 cumulative updates (so far!) this month:-

KB3213986 - 6th March

KB4013429 - 15th March

KB4015438 - today (24th March)

Hopefully, frequency of this order of magnitude is not a sign of things to come and MS are just making up for the February hiatus.:unsure:

Incidentally, do you know what the "good news" that the Windows 10 Creator Update is on its way is all about? Clicking on the link showing me how didn't yield any meaningful explanation for me!

Gosh, I got KB3213986 in mid January.   You sure you don't have Windows set to defer some updates, like the Defer Features Update...it you have that checked certain updates will be delayed for several months until they get forced on you regardless of that setting.

Capture.JPG.9d9b7e8478a2cd0807b223f91f479d45.JPG

On 3/24/2017 at 6:44 PM, Pib said:

Gosh, I got KB3213986 in mid January.   You sure you don't have Windows set to defer some updates, like the Defer Features Update...it you have that checked certain updates will be delayed for several months until they get forced on you regardless of that setting.

Capture.JPG.9d9b7e8478a2cd0807b223f91f479d45.JPG

As stated in my OP, I always perform a manual updates status check on the Wednesday after the second Tuesday each month (when MS usually issue new updates) as a matter of routine. I find it rather surprising (not to mention a tad worrying), therefore, that my February check did not at least highlight KB3213986 in the light of your comment!

Edited by OJAS