Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit

webfact

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up' against Brexit

Tony Blair is to announce his "mission" to persuade Britons to "rise up" and change their minds on Brexit.

The former prime minister will say in a speech later that people voted in the referendum "without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit".

He will say he wants to "build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge".

But former Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith said Mr Blair's comments were arrogant and utterly undemocratic.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38996179

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-02-17

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tosser should be grateful that he hasn't been convicted of war crimes and locked up. How many deaths has he been responsible for due to his search for "weapons of mass destruction" that never existed?

As for Brexit and " building support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge" - it's happening Tony and if you don't like it then you should be the one rushing over the cliff's edge. I'll give you a hand if you like.  

For somebody who was on the side of Remain, Tony Blair coming out of the woodwork would have me voting against any plans to block Brexit or have a 2nd referendum.

It's that tossers fault Immigration is in the state it's in so he's as much culpable for Brexit as anybody else.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

It is important to bear in mind that Tony Blair has been one of the world's highest-paid lobbyists for the last few years. It is hard to believe he is not being paid millions to push this agenda.

Exactly,he does nothing unless he gains from it.

Just now, thai3 said:

He's a few months too late article 50 is about to be unleashed. I'm sure he's cashing in nicely and probably knows it's a total waste of time anyway.

Yes, it's far too late to do anything.

Why he even bothered to open his mouth is the puzzler here, maybe he's planning a comeback in politics in the next few years and he's laying the foundations based on this.

They should put him out to pasture in the lords to keep him out of harms way and prevent him from meddling too much.

2 hours ago, JB300 said:

For somebody who was on the side of Remain, Tony Blair coming out of the woodwork would have me voting against any plans to block Brexit or have a 2nd referendum.

It's that tossers fault Immigration is in the state it's in so he's as much culpable for Brexit as anybody else.

Agreed, well said.

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes, it's far too late to do anything.

Why he even bothered to open his mouth is the puzzler here, maybe he's planning a comeback in politics in the next few years and he's laying the foundations based on this.

They should put him out to pasture in the lords to keep him out of harms way and prevent him from meddling too much.

There's certainly an opportunity for a new party to form a credible opposition and protect much of the population from what the Con Party are about to do to them.

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Agreed, well said.

The point is that Labour wanted more immigrants from ANYWHERE to fuel their metropolitan multicultural Labour dominated UK

It's NOT the EU that's at fault.

With no effective opposition and no EU involvement I really do fear for the multitude......

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

The point is that Labour wanted more immigrants from ANYWHERE to fuel their metropolitan multicultural Labour dominated UK

It's NOT the EU that's at fault.

With no effective opposition and no EU involvement I really do fear for the multitude......

Yes OK it's not the EU that's (technically) at fault, a fine line perhaps between a governement in situ that wanted immigrants and one who finds them being imposed, the common denominator being the country's need for them.

Totally agree though about the lack of effective opposition governement, why I wonder doesn't the current opposition doesn't....never mind!

It's an era of all kinds of political surprises and already there is political backlash against irrational populism and toxic self destructive extremist nationalism being seen in other nations. Why not swing back to rationality NOW in the UK?  Cheering this movement on! 

Also agree you don't have to like Blair to like his MESSAGE on this issue. 

Edited by Jingthing

39 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Tony Blair is the 100% reason this has all come about.

He sold the Uk people down the river,

Hope he gets cancer.

As that's what he gave the uk.

Fool of the century  Tony Blair. :bah:

"Hope he gets cancer"

I think that just about sums you up.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not a fan of Blair, but he talks sense and his country, the EU and the world needs him right now.

Yeah, just what the UK/EU needs now, a lying war criminal  ...maybe TB and Peter Sutcliffe can head up a joint taskforce to save the UK.