Pastrami on Rye

Spaniel

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

No power in Jomtien area  on Friday  24, February 2017  from 08.00 – 17.00 hour. The Power Authority is going to upgrade their electricity distribution line.   

It's perhaps worth pointing out that there are several electrical sub-sections in Jomtien and not all will necessarily be affected. Consumers in the affected sections will normally get advance warning from the PEA though. As far as I know RichManPoorMan is not on the same section as Pastrami on Rye so with luck anyone living near the one may not be affected by a power outage near the other.

The announced times are usually maximum times and the actual power outage would normally be shorter, sometimes much shorter. I think they always say 8-5 to cover themselves.

13 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It's perhaps worth pointing out that there are several electrical sub-sections in Jomtien and not all will necessarily be affected. Consumers in the affected sections will normally get advance warning from the PEA though. As far as I know RichManPoorMan is not on the same section as Pastrami on Rye so with luck anyone living near the one may not be affected by a power outage near the other.

The announced times are usually maximum times and the actual power outage would normally be shorter, sometimes much shorter. I think they always say 8-5 to cover themselves.

Yep, I'm hoping if it affects me I'll just go and chill out on the beach if necessary.  The last few power outages have lasted about an hour or two, we'll see I guess.  A couple of hours, no problem but all day???

Edited by Roger Lee

3 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

No idea how long.  First heard about it from Ed at RMPM then the condo emailed and put up notices.  Now I'm hearing it from several businesses.

ไฟฟ้าดบั  วัน ศุ ก ร์ท่ี 24 กุ ม ภ า พัน ธ์ 2 5 6 0 ก า ร ไ ฟ ฟ้ า จะง ด จ่ า ย ก ร ะ แ ส ไ ฟ ฟ้ า บริเวณถนนเลียบชายหาดจอมเทียน ตั้งแต่เวลา 08.00 - 17.00 น. เพื่อปรับปรุงระบบสายไฟแรงสูง จงึไม่สามารถจ่ายกระแสไฟฟ้าให้กับผู้ใช้บริการในพื้นที่บริ เวณดงักลา่ว 

Power outage 

No power in Jomtien area  on Friday  24, February 2017  from 08.00 – 17.00 hour. The Power Authority is going to upgrade their electricity distribution line. 
               Management.                                                                                                                                              Feb 20, 2017. 

-1-D- No Power 24 02 60.pdf

Just for laughs, here's the above message in Thai run through Google Translate:

Electric knife Buck Friday at 24 Kum E Thousand FC 2 5 6 0 repeated UPS power to the card payment value in the system o the UPS plant area along the beach from 08.00. - 17.00 hrs. to improve high voltage power lines. The tomb could not afford the electricity to users in the British West said Yue.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The old Pastrami place off Jomtein Beach Road is just the other side of the nite market from RMPM

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how long is the usual commercial lease in Thailand  ?

I can only amuse that the lease was up for renewal and the landlord banged the rent up,  anyone know ?

Hope they do open up again.

I did enjoy the food there,

Edited by onemorechang

9 hours ago, onemorechang said:

how long is the usual commercial lease in Thailand  ?

I can only amuse that the lease was up for renewal and the landlord banged the rent up,  anyone know ?

Hope they do open up again.

I did enjoy the food there,

I'm not so sure it was the lease. Their last FaceBook post stated " ....due to personal and private matters concerning family, health and finances."  They invested a lot of $$$ into the premises and equipment for just a 2 year lease. On top of that they had bought the existing business at that location, Espresso Cafe. The previous owner, who now has Porkie's @ RomPho, told me their offer was too good to refuse. I hope they land on their feet whatever the reason for closing.

4 hours ago, pegman said:

I'm not so sure it was the lease. Their last FaceBook post stated " ....due to personal and private matters concerning family, health and finances."  They invested a lot of $$$ into the premises and equipment for just a 2 year lease. On top of that they had bought the existing business at that location, Espresso Cafe. The previous owner, who now has Porkie's @ RomPho, told me their offer was too good to refuse. I hope they land on their feet whatever the reason for closing.

Ok

Be good to see them back.