Can You Offer Me Work?

I want to come to thailand and work there, i understand the difficulties and problems. Never had to work outside the uk and would love to be back in los close to my g/f and her family and to be able to work there. Im not asking for hundreds of pounds per week wage, Enough to live on and enjoy my life. Is it possible to get such work in thailand? surely with all the expats out there, there must be expats willing to give me a chance to chase my dream and to live the life the same expat once had that ambition and determination to do!!! Im asking for a break a chance!!

Do i stand a chance?

or is it all a dream? :o

Hi Big spuds, don`t ya think you`re kind of naiv. U don`t even tell what kind of profession you are in. My advise: take a break from uk, come her, give it a chance and maybe you`re lucky. But who - honestly - should or could give you some work with the little details you are posting?

Sorry for the clear words.

of course its possible, anything is possible, just bloody hard. Start your own company like I did when I left the UK 1 year ago. Its running well now, and I'm about to place a manager in charge and work for a farang over here so earning two wages

what business did you start up?

was it difficult? did you have to have it all in a thai persons name like i have heard?

sorry for all the questions but its the way my life is heading and plan to be over in los within a year. :o

car rental company bought it from an English guy here.

Yes, things are made difficult. No, not everything is in a Thais name, I'm the managing director of the company but by law can not own more than 49% of the company.

Do what I did, come over here for a month, look for businesses, talk to lawyers, look at housing costs and understand what you can and can't do. Then if you feel happy with how things work here, take the plunge.

I was only asking if it was possible! Not for someone to offer me a job there and then!!

Look at the topic title on this thread. Also on another thread he's trying to get the bird to his homeland. A mixed up young man I think.

10 bob each way :o

No not a mixed up YOUNG MAN!

just want to be with my girlfriend for longer than what i am seeing her at the moment. If like you said "you have read all my posts" you will realise that i want to bring my gf over for a HOLIDAY. Not to settle here! I want to settle in thailand.

Just asking advice at the moment. So before you start to slag me off try getting your facts right. Because in the end its you that looks stupid!! :o

He Spud,

Dont give up. There is always some type of job out there. Might take a few months but depending on your skills, there are various jobs in Thailand even for young Expats. I know of a kid who is only 23 and just got a sales job paying 75 k and he has little experience. It is however tougher to keep the job because for that type of money you really have to prove yourself

cheers mate,

its good to know that there is a way.

I have been various managers, buyer, quality manager, shop manager, warehouse manager, stock controller, production manager. but dont mind doing anything as long as i could stay out there in los. DHL Courier now as its a lot less stressful and less boring.

I want to come to thailand and work there, i understand the difficulties and problems. Never had to work outside the uk and would love to be back in los close to my g/f and her family and to be able to work there. Im not asking for hundreds of pounds per week wage, Enough to live on and enjoy my life. Is it possible to get such work in thailand? surely with all the expats out there, there must be expats willing to give me a chance to chase my dream and to live the life the same expat once had that ambition and determination to do!!! Im asking for a break a chance!!

Do i stand a chance?

or is it all a dream? :o

ask yer birds family, they might need an extra hand on the rice paddy :D

A lot of folks I know got into the diving industry. Get up to Divemaster or Instructor and go from there. My ex instructor is married to a Thai lady and has his own estate agents now.

It keeps you here working till you decide what else you might want to do.