All smiles as Bangkok top cops descend on Patpong and Thaniya Road

rooster59

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Thats Nana not patpong

Well to be fair he was just making a general reference to Thai Police loving photo ops....

...and displaying a high level of familiarisation with red light districts is not always the best indicator of personality\moral compass.

Having said that though, I can vouch for the accuracy of your statement ;-)

48 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Photo caption. Cop in center:

"Smile, ha, ha, ha, Christ, she's got bad B.O, can we go, I'm missing poker night at the Chief Super's."

police.PNG.e70e9a70c21a4b224850298cc447dc16.PNG

Pretty sure that "she" (sporting the ha tao) might be "stretch"?

Do they "package" orders to go?

6 minutes ago, sagittarius6999 said:

I dont see any girls dancing , could that be the bar was informed before the raid to get all the young ones and ya ba takers out, dont believe establishments that big has nothing wrong

The Kings group bars are quite well managed, certainly no under age girls, and drug use  is not as overt as in some of the smaller establishments. You are right though, as one of the big players in the area they will of course have received advance notification of this - hence the zero positive piss test results.

3 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Traffic offenses in Silom are a big problem but some sidewalk areas have become difficult to navigate as street vendors have returned to the areas where there is the least amount of space. I have never seen police patrolling sidewalks in Silom. Surely some must be assigned to this area-where are they hiding ? 

Also there has has been a construction project (probably elevator for Saladeng Station) on a Silom Rd Sidewalk for the past 18 months...only one person can pass by on the sidewalk at one time and of course street vendors have set up shop in this narrow passageway too ! 

I'm. glad to hear the street vendors are returning again. I do home that lower sukhumvit will return to normal too.  We really miss the amazing street market which stretched from Soi 3 to Soi 19. Ditto the dozens of Pop up bars and restaurants in the same area at night.  Brilliant  and sorely missed. 

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

I was sitting at my local Thai drinking establishment drinking with the owner and his two police buddies. The topic of poor drivers came up. I asked why the police didn't enforce the laws. The response was not lack of manpower, as I thought. I was told they do enforce the laws, but admitted it was periodically. As we sat there at the corner of two busy streets there were people running the red lights, pulling half-way into the street, driving down the wrong side of the street--I pointed them out as they were happening. The police response was that Thais were so used to driving in that manner, that it would be difficult to stop them. Just as they were saying that two other cops rode by on a scooter, they had run the light and were coming down the wrong side of the street.

Today i was at Ikea, when we left there was a car who had driven straight into the ticketbooth, the whole booth was moved about 2 meters of it's socket...how on earth can they manage to drive into that thing and with such a power? The car was still inside the booth and badly damaged, loads of people there but no police of course.

There's only one way to fix the policeproblems, that's by sacking them all and start all over again....let the army do it, they are much more serious and hardworking.

2 hours ago, sagittarius6999 said:

I dont see any girls dancing , could that be the bar was informed before the raid to get all the young ones and ya ba takers out, dont believe establishments that big has nothing wrong

Right. Probably were well tipped off before the raids.

2 hours ago, Shadychris said:

The Kings group bars are quite well managed, certainly no under age girls, and drug use  is not as overt as in some of the smaller establishments. You are right though, as one of the big players in the area they will of course have received advance notification of this - hence the zero positive piss test results.

I recall a Kiwi (newbie) buddy years ago on a different forum saying how stunning and tall the women were at King's-Something-or-other bar on Patpong.

Poor guy was in a katoey bar & didn't know it. BWAhahaha!

He said he'd never mess with any Thai woman taller than 4.5 feet tall after we informed him of his folly.

Edited by jaywalker

8 hours ago, fruitman said:

Why don't those cops walk outside and start writing fines to trafficrules offenders? Much money to be made there and if traffic is safe it will improve the image of the cops and of Thailand. Worldwide!!

They are too freakin lazy, they always pick the easy targets.  In Pattaya alone they have hundreds of traffic violations every day.  Do they do anything about it, of course not, it is too much work for those poor little guys.  They make me puke. 

Been USA three days. Can't wait to get back to Bangkok and the girls,  cops, mass transit, cheap taxis,  driving around Thailand and freedom. Only thing I don't miss are the daily moaners on Thai visa. Come visit the USA and you will never bitch about living in Thailand again. Or correction some of you will bitch daily about God when you die and live in Heaven. I do not understand how publicly bitching and complaining makes you feel better or smarter than others. You all should be thankful the Thai government allows us to live in Thailand. 

Peace ?

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

Been USA three days. Can't wait to get back to Bangkok and the girls,  cops, mass transit, cheap taxis,  driving around Thailand and freedom. Only thing I don't miss are the daily moaners on Thai visa. Come visit the USA and you will never bitch about living in Thailand again. Or correction some of you will bitch daily about God when you die and live in Heaven. I do not understand how publicly bitching and complaining makes you feel better or smarter than others. You all should be thankful the Thai government allows us to live in Thailand. 

Peace ?

Get a life.  I don't blame you for being pissed off, If I lived in the USA I would be too, almost as bad as a third world country.

6 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Get a life.  I don't blame you for being pissed off, If I lived in the USA I would be too, almost as bad as a third world country.

Got a great life. Not pissed off.  Quite happy to be able to travel and see how good we all have it in Thailand. Just do not understand the daily complainers on Thai visa. But have come to the conclusion that they must enjoy it. Too bad they can't keep it to themselves or at least not do it every day. Best of luck in life to you. 

25 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Got a great life. Not pissed off.  Quite happy to be able to travel and see how good we all have it in Thailand. Just do not understand the daily complainers on Thai visa. But have come to the conclusion that they must enjoy it. Too bad they can't keep it to themselves or at least not do it every day. Best of luck in life to you. 

Thank you for your comments, I have a great life as well, we should enjoy ourselves to the max, life is too short.  Have a great day.

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Photo caption. Cop in center:

"Smile, ha, ha, ha, Christ, she's got bad B.O, can we go, I'm missing poker night at the Chief Super's."

police.PNG.e70e9a70c21a4b224850298cc447dc16.PNG

Is that a hard- on in his pants?

This is absolutely for 'PRESS" purposes ............. If you believe any of it you must be a 'newbie' to Thailand......

The Army is known for sneak surprises but the RTP , who get their 'tea money' from all these bars on a regular basis, will always alert the bars that a 'check-up' is coming today.........

I dont want to get anybody in trouble so I won't name names and even cities, but otherwise factual.

I have a girlfriend who worked at a bar and I have a rented room in this area south of Pattaya, a bit of a drive...... I called my girl at about 2PM to come to my rented room and meet with me, as we do often..... she told me that her 'Mamasan' told all the girls that they could not go out, at least till later.......... the Mamasan told my ladyfriend that the police were coming today and all employees must be there....

I replied that I want to see this so can I come to the bar? She said "no problem' you come.......

I went and waited and it began 'Pissing down' rain so after a while I gave up and left (about 4PM)

While I was there having a drink with my girl she told me-------- about 1:00 PM a few local police came bar to bar telling all the owners/managers of the impending raid and advising each bar if you have underage or drug using girls ---- get them out now..........

I had left but my girl called me about 7:00 PM and told me that the police had left and each girl had to 'piss' in a cup and the raid turned out 100% PURE......................

The 'Tea money' saved their asses.................

SO.... YOU SEE HOW CORRUPT THE LOCAL POLICE ARE............... ??????

THIS 100% A  real happening that I personally can describe..................

Actually........ In this thread the Royal Thai Police are advertising for the world to see that Thailand has so many Bars and showing the young girls in the bars as well.....................

The present 'Minister of Tourism' has said she wants to INCREASE tourism........ This will work for sure......