Pattaya's sex capital image: We can't change it overnight, says tourism chief, but change it we will!

rooster59

40 minutes ago, mcfish said:

That's why the beer bars are full of westerners. No reason why we can't enjoy the ladies and the events. In fact I attended the international soccer tournament on the sand over a week or so every night .. Fantastic and talented teams! Shame they can't do similar on beach road Pattaya

True Pattaya beach could certainly use a large multipurpose sports field same as Jomtien  could certainly use a seaside shopping mall.I think both will be there within 3 years time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

I think walking street tour is just an item on daily schedule  for Chinese groups.I don't even think these middle aged to older crowds are fascinated by anything they see.They maybe buy some cheap fruit in front of the Siam Bayshore hotel and only stop by the Muay Thai to watch a round of the fake kick boxing show and return to their hotels without even consuming a bottle of beer.I don't even see these groups in Central mall as their each move is calculated and planned by zero baht operators

Probably some of these chinese tourists (not group tours)spend more money on a lunch then you on a weekly room rent.?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lanng khao said:

Start paying more than 300 baht for a ten hour shift to your people and many of them won't have to sell their gash for cash.

In that case then,   let bring it down to 200 a day.

so we can replenish some of  the old and out dated malfunctioning stock here. :thumbsup:

Edited by onemorechang

1 minute ago, puffy said:

Articles like this are in no way detrimental to Pattaya, they are more like adverts.

Anyway what is wrong with sex. I have been told before I am doing it wrong but that is a different matter.

Yeah in Pattaya you should be underneath.

Talk, talk,talk. We will do this,that, the other. It will never change because everybody at the trough, makes too much money from it.

Every coastal resort and island has a sex scene.If they stopped the sex industry in Patts,no bugger would go there.You've seen one beautiful island,you've seen them all.Patts without sex, would be like America without its attraction's, Amsterdam, without its tulips, London without Buckingham palace,and changing the guard.

What really would be the attraction to Patts? Without its girls,bars,and seedy life style.No matter what people say,it's a winner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John F Gill said:

Gee I don't know maybe all the other beautiful places Thailand has to see which most tourists come here to see.  There's more to Thailand than bar girls and massage parlors.  A LOT MORE.  

Such as ?  There are many that could be found in a less hostile country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

See that's the problem people like you don't know because you never leave your little areas. If I have to tell you than you haven't truly seen Thailand.  I suppose I'm supposed to draw you a tourist map and educate everyone.  Try getting out there.  

9 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

And if you think this is such a "hostile country" than go home just leave.  You don't have to be here.  I'm sure you all can find just as many Asian hookers in your home countries.  

12 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

And if you want to talk about "hostile countries" I can tell you all about hostile countries I've been to many hostile countries all over the Middle East and Thailand is most definitely NOT one of them.  Try living in Kandahar or Kirkuk for a year and then you'll know what a "hostile country" really is.  

Gee I don't know maybe all the other beautiful places Thailand has to see which most tourists come here to see.  There's more to Thailand than bar girls and massage parlors.  A LOT MORE.  

Yes there is lots of other things to see and do but bar girls and massage parlors are part and parcel of what attracts tourists to Thailand, there can be a multiple layers attracting different groups to whatever it is that interests them they dont have to be mutually exclusive.

Mhhhhh be carefull to change tooo much here in Pattaya with the tourists you want to attrack to come here!

If there are no sex tourists anymore there wont be sooo many left: just the one who like to stay in a resort town that is badly organised; crime is a daily thing that happens, dirty water and sure not nice beaches to enjoy. Horrible traffic and yes along the beach to walk is good for health if you need best polution you can get in a short time instead sitting in coffees or nice bars and enjoy the people walking along and nice fresh breeze from the see and not the cars and motorbikes..

Oh yes....that's sure attracting the so called high qualified tourists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So better stay with what you have now: the turn around that might be a focus will cost too much off effort, organisation and change mind set of all the responsilbe "influental" people in this town of Pattaya!

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes there is lots of other things to see and do but bar girls and massage parlors are part and parcel of what attracts tourists to Thailand, there can be a multiple layers attracting different groups to whatever it is that interests them they dont have to be mutually exclusive.

Like I said earlier what people do on their own time is their business and if a grown woman chooses that profession that's her business.  I'm only concerned about the human traffickers and the young girls who are sold into prostitution by their families or kidnapped and forced into it.  That is an unfortunate reality that does go on around here and it's not just something you see in the movies.  

Edited by John F Gill

10 minutes ago, johng said:

Don't get me wrong I don't care what you choose to do with your time that's your business.  Just be aware that the human trafficking does still go on around here.  

35 minutes ago, John F Gill said:

Low crime rate in Pattaya lol, apparently some people don't read the news.  

I do follow the news there were last week in Pattaya  some barfights,a stabbing of a finish guy,probably a chainsnatch and some random small thefts and burglaries.Now compare this with the crime news from Marseille,Chicago and or Sao Paulo.Pattaya is already a very safe city indeed!

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I do follow the news there were last week in Pattaya  some barfights,a stabbing of a finish guy,probably a chainsnatch and some random small thefts and burglaries.Now compare this with the crime news from Marseille,Chicago and or Sao Paulo.Pattaya is already a very safe city indeed!

No you have a point there, I fully agree our crime rate in the states is probably much worse that's actually what I keep trying to tell people back home.  But you can't say with a straight face that Pattaya's crime rate is low.  

Edited by John F Gill