• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gonefortea said:

Well actually the bathroom floors aren't lower as a rule

they were lower in every home i saw inThailand and we have seen dozens of homes before we rented for one year during th construction of our home.

3 hours ago, transam said:

They make the floors lower with a drain

...to make it easier for cockroaches to enter your house :sick:

by the way... in Germany we call architects "arse-e-tects" which is a fitting name for these kind of people globally. but (based on my experience) the champion arse-e-tects can be found in Thailand, the U.S. of A. and in Australia :smile:  

1 hour ago, Gonefortea said:

There's a bar in beach road the urinals are excellent but if you need more than a Jimmy riddle you be buggered unless you are a stick insect type person. The carsey door opens inward stopped by the crapper itself. So unless you go in stand on the cropper and close the door you ain't getting in done in a sober state possible after a few wets forget it. 

Thai arse-e-tecture at its best :smile:

6 minutes ago, Naam said:

...to make it easier for cockroaches to enter your house :sick:

by the way... in Germany we call architects "arse-e-tects" which is a fitting name for these kind of people globally. but (based on my experience) the champion arse-e-tects can be found in Thailand, the U.S. of A. and in Australia :smile:  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we have Trans technology in my hooooose....thumbs up.gif

The reason toilet doors swing inwards is...the don't obstruct, many toilets are placed in a bathroom or ensuite these days, modern Australian homes will have a seperate toilet as well, in the good old days toilets were outside and rather larger than the modern indoor...

The Australian building code sates that all inward swing WC doors shall have lift off hinges obviously in case someone collapses inside, nothing worse than a door that can swing in swings out into a passage.

For the Swed your in a minority with your swinging WC doors, even in every Japanese hotel ive stayed in where space is a premium the ensuite door swung in....

It's called an optical illusion, bathroom floors aren't in general lower they are made to appear so by the 6inch or so lip which is built to stop the water coming out. Also any wet room is not lowered to the drain level all over starting from the corner nearest shower flow it is gradually very gradually sloped towards the drain so the water can run away as opposed to puddling. 

1 hour ago, Gonefortea said:

It's called an optical illusion, bathroom floors aren't in general lower they are made to appear so by the 6inch or so lip which is built to stop the water coming out. Also any wet room is not lowered to the drain level all over starting from the corner nearest shower flow it is gradually very gradually sloped towards the drain so the water can run away as opposed to puddling. 

My current house has 3 bathrooms and all defo have lower floors  of approx 2  inches.

For example, my en-suite bathroom to bedroom floor

004.jpg

2 hours ago, Gonefortea said:

It's called an optical illusion, bathroom floors aren't in general lower

it's called an optical illusion only by people who did not visit (like us) 39 houses in the Pattaya area before we rented one during construction period. :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Naam said:

it's called an optical illusion only by people who did not visit (like us) 39 houses in the Pattaya area before we rented one during construction period. :whistling:

Sorry I'll go and visit 39 houses just to please you OK. 

Edited by Gonefortea

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

To add to the "optical illusion". the pic above is bedroom to en-suite floor.

it shows some sense adding the light corner to the illusion. in our case the idiot used the same dark tiles causing a broken toe and a few weeks of limping. :sick:

1 minute ago, Naam said:

it shows some sense adding the light corner to the illusion. in our case the idiot used the same dark tiles causing a broken toe and a few weeks of limping. :sick:

I too, am a fully paid-up member of the "knew full well the step was there but still didn't see it" club :(

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

How do stub your toe on an illusion ?

i must have been delusional thinking the step was an illusion. breaking a toe was only once. stubbing against the illusion must have happened at least half a dozen times during a period of nine months. and every time i cursed the illusions so loud that the neighbour's dog barked.

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

i must have been delusional thinking the step was an illusion. breaking a toe was only once. stubbing against the illusion must have happened at least half a dozen times during a period of nine months. and every time i cursed the illusions so loud that the neighbour's dog barked.

Facken illusions !!

On 2/21/2017 at 11:52 AM, Jai Dee said:

Perhaps the question should be "Why do Scandinavian bathroom/toilet doors open out?"

Scandinavians are more practical people ?  Who needs a door inside the toilet ?   

On 2/22/2017 at 3:32 AM, starky said:

Im an Aussie dont really know much about Sweden but in all my travels I cant remember ever seeing an outward opening bedroom door, they all open into the room dont they? If your entering a room it facillitates easier entry for a start.

What about when you exit the room,,, it's estimated that 50% of the time that a door is used it's for exits.  ...... people have literally zero brains.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

What about when you exit the room,,, it's estimated that 50% of the time that a door is used it's for exits.  ...... people have literally zero brains.

Well how many outward opening bedroom doors have you experienced einstein? please regale us with your wealth of knowledge. 

24 minutes ago, starky said:

Well how many outward opening bedroom doors have you experienced einstein? please regale us with your wealth of knowledge. 

Not a single one that i can remember. So there must be a reason, I wonder what the reason is.

• 2 weeks later...
Most handicapped toilets I have seen in Thailand have sliding doors.

What makes a toilet handicapped? Does it have MS or perhaps Cerebal Palsy or even Downes Syndrome
I prefer the term Disabled which is now commonly used in the UK as the people that fall into this category are less able than the rest of us they most definitely are not handicapped
For the record my wife has cerebal palsy and she is not in anyway handicapped
Rant over!!!

What makes a toilet handicapped? Does it have MS or perhaps Cerebal Palsy or even Downes Syndrome
I prefer the term Disabled which is now commonly used in the UK as the people that fall into this category are less able than the rest of us they most definitely are not handicapped
For the record my wife has cerebal palsy and she is not in anyway handicapped
Rant over!!!

Comparison chart

Disability versus Handicap comparison chartDisabilityHandicapIntroduction (from Wikipedia)Disability is the consequence of an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, mental, sensory, emotional, developmental, or some combination of these. A disability may be present from birth, or occur during a person's lifetime.any physical or mental defect, congenital or acquired, preventing or restricting a person from participating in normal life or limiting their capacity to work.