TV Members Gathering @No.1 Bar - Weds 22nd Feb 2000hrs

stament

8 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Sorry just a little joke, I was referring to the recent period where if you wanted to read anything on Thaivisa a pop-up prevented you for 30 seconds, there were several long threads on it, seems to have gone now 

Installing a pop-up blocker is always a must!

28 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

In this case it was the pop up blocker causing the problem, the message was telling you to stop using one

Figures as websites are wanting to make $$$ some damn way...... Thx for the clarification.

What's odd is that when the TV Classifieds starting running again and everyone said it was working I couldn't get it to work so I sent a PM to a moderator. The reply I got was to turn off my pop up blocker. I did and it worked......  Funny that they couldn't write a script telling a user to do so.....

Thanks to everyone who came along, I had a very enjoyable night and met some new friends. Thanks for the drinks Roo and Paul. We even managed to get some drinks on the house, perhaps that was Nancy's influence ?

Paul, you need to I prove your pool skills. Very nice pool table there by the way, much improved on the coup,e that were there when I last visited about 3 years ago.

Thanks all

1 hour ago, stament said:

Thanks to everyone who came along, I had a very enjoyable night and met some new friends. Thanks for the drinks Roo and Paul. We even managed to get some drinks on the house, perhaps that was Nancy's influence ?

Paul, you need to I prove your pool skills. Very nice pool table there by the way, much improved on the coup,e that were there when I last visited about 3 years ago.

Thanks all

Oh, nice to know there were some drinks on the house, that must have happened after I left around 9:15 to meet Hubby over at Pern's for their great roast chicken special.

You can probably thank Hubby for the drinks, even though he wasn't there last night.  He goes to No. 1 Bar at least one afternoon a week to chat with the ladies who work there and buys them drinks. Dada, the manager, was a little surprised I knew this when I introduced myself last night.  I said that all I asked was that they tried to get him home before dark on his afternoons out.  

• 2 weeks later...

I finally caught up with Paul last night. We had a few quiet ones at a bar across from the Imperial Mae Ping before going to PP seafood in Galae Market (Food court area).

Once we got a bit of food into our bellies (And the better halves had their dinner) we headed down to the Euro Thai bar/restaurant in Anusan market.

A good bit of rock music there (albeit a tad loud, but that's rock for you).  Quite a few more beers before calling it a night around midnight.

Paul and Opal headed back to kiwi land this morning.... hopefully without a hangover.  It was good to finally meet up with him and he's quite a character. Not a bad guy for a Brit/Kiwi.

So when's the next CM TVF get together?

On 2/23/2017 at 11:13 AM, NancyL said:

You can probably thank Hubby for the drinks, even though he wasn't there last night.  He goes to No. 1 Bar at least one afternoon a week to chat with the ladies who work there and buys them drinks

I may have met "Hubby" there myself 

Always smartly dressed, looks a bit like Robert Redford .

Is that him ?

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I may have met "Hubby" there myself 

Always smartly dressed, looks a bit like Robert Redford .

Is that him ?

Yeah, if Robert Redford would let himself be seen in khaki cargo shorts, sandals (thankfully without socks) and a loud Songkran-style shirt.  In other words, the uniform of a well-dressed expat retiree.  No Chang singlets in Hubby's wardrobe.

You'll be happy to know that Paul was in trousers last night....but he was still wearing flip flops/jandals/thongs/sandals.

His shirt wasn't too loud either. Maybe he was out trying to impress?. I doubt that somehow.

It was a good night nevertheless. Some good stories and a few laughs (Not to mention quite a few beers) 

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Yeah, if Robert Redford would let himself be seen in khaki cargo shorts, sandals (thankfully without socks) and a loud Songkran-style shirt.  In other words, the uniform of a well-dressed expat retiree.  No Chang singlets in Hubby's wardrobe.

Like this ?

Image result for magnum pi shorts