Wat Dhammakaya bans certain media Tuesday

webfact

Wat Dhammakaya bans certain media Tuesday
By The Nation

6598c3e3fdb52da19829b750301fee74.jpeg

Officials guard an entrance of Dhammakaya Temple Tuesday.

BANGKOK: -- Wat Dhammakaya has announced Tuesday a ban on some media outlets from entering the temple area, citing that the situation was "too sensitive".

All media under Nation Multimedia Group operated by Nation Multimedia Group, Amarin TV, and Tnews were the media were not allowed to enter the temple starting from 8am Tuesday, according to an announcement from the temple’s office of corporate communication.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306807

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-21

Just more evidence that what is going on at this temple has absolutely nothing to do with religion - it is purely political and as I said weeks ago is being orchestrated by the usual divisive people.

Why are monks covering their faces - obviously they have something to hide

Only allowing media they can control lol

This temple is nothing short of a huge criminal enterprise

They broke the law and were caught RED handed

This has now passed any turning point unfortunately, the authorities need to start playing hardball and enforce the law and arrest those that are obstructing justice. Time for the kitten gloves to come off, this thing now needs some swift decisive action.

I have a fairly good idea who is pulling the strings

Going forward these temples need to come under strict financial regulation, this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Just more evidence that what is going on at this temple has absolutely nothing to do with religion - it is purely political and as I said weeks ago is being orchestrated by the usual divisive people.

This has now passed any turning point unfortunately, the authorities need to start playing hardball and enforce the law and arrest those that are obstructing justice. Time for the kitten gloves to come off, this thing now needs some swift decisive action.

Going forward these temples need to come under strict financial regulation, this cannot be allowed to happen again.

Why? What has the temple done to you? Are you Thai? If rich people want to donate their money to this temple, up to them.
I'm just watching another interesting news development myself. Don't care either way as long as its peaceful. I live not far away from the egg temple too so it's sparked an interest. But to tell Thai's how to run their country coming from Manchester is a bit strange to say the least.

I remember years back when Thaksin was in power there was a foreigner living down my street from the UK. He hated Thaksin with a passion. One day he trashed an election poster of Thaksin. Ripped it down and stamped all over it. The passers by grabbed him and some one who knew him grabbed him and drove him home. The street policeman and neighbors went to see him and told him off and asked why did he do this. From then on this foreigner was called a Looney. Anyways he thankfully went home when the floods came. Never came back.

Moral of the story:-
Never go full Thai. Your a farang forever.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I still can't find a clear explanation of how exactly they broke the law. Money laundering? But that implies that the money was illegally acquired - their money came from willing donations. What am I missing?

4 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

I still can't find a clear explanation of how exactly they broke the law. Money laundering? But that implies that the money was illegally acquired - their money came from willing donations. What am I missing?

both you and tukkytuktuk need to go and find out the history behind this news story and why the police want to arrest certain people involved, very obviously both of you have no clue and yet you are posting on this thread - I find that rather shocking, I'll give you a head start

Credit Union

Theft

Extortion

Money Laundering

Prison

and no I am not going explain it to you - go find out for yourself  

3 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

google "dhammakaya klongchan" and start reading, the whole story dates a few years back already

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

both you and tukkytuktuk need to go and find out the history behind this news story and why the police want to arrest certain people involved, very obviously both of you have no clue and yet you are posting on this thread - I find that rather shocking, I'll give you a head start

Credit Union

Theft

Extortion

Money Laundering

Prison

and no I am not going explain it to you - go find out for yourself  

The credit union issue was settled wasn't it, and the funds returned? In any case, I have looked it up and been unable find a clear explanation of exactly what the 'crime' was here. Some help on this would be appreciated in a few clear unambiguous words.

Money laundering - see what I said above?

What theft and extortion exactly? Anything that has actually been to court and been proven, or are you just making prejudicial assumptions?

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

How can it go to court when the accused is in hiding, if he's innocent man up and turn up

And what if he's hiding because he knows this is a politically motivated witchhunt (instigated by an illegitimate military junta) and they'll concoct some charges to get him no matter what?

40 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

The credit union issue was settled wasn't it, and the funds returned? In any case, I have looked it up and been unable find a clear explanation of exactly what the 'crime' was here. Some help on this would be appreciated in a few clear unambiguous words.

Money laundering - see what I said above?

What theft and extortion exactly? Anything that has actually been to court and been proven, or are you just making prejudicial assumptions?

Get off your arse and read the background.

You comments and questions simply remove any doubts as to your ignorance and laziness.

9 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Get off your arse and read the background.

You comments and questions simply remove any doubts as to your ignorance and laziness.

I assure you again, as I have done several times, that I have read up on it, and still fail to see clearly where the crime is rather than trumped up charges. If you, and several others on here, after several courteous appeals, cannot explain clearly in a few words (such an explanation seems not to be available anywhere on the internet) then I assume you don't have an answer.

Honestly, all this whining about 'google it'. I've googled it enough and got nowhere, now I'd like to discuss it with real live  human beings. If you don't want to provide the clear answers that I'm asking for - giving you the clear opportunity to state the case in no uncertain terms -  then don't reply at all.

Perhaps it might be easier, as a starting point, to acknowledge that this case is in fact politically motivated by a military junta aiming to extirpate all challenges to the establishment.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

shades of Henry V111

I know no facts haven't followed the story but have just seen some footage today. Just start at the beginning, firstly their behavior marks them out as mobster's men not monks who believe in Buddhist principles. So they are fraudulent. There leader is probably equally fraudulent. A small fraudulent operation in a soi gets little attention but the same crime on a massive scale like this attracts a massive response.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

I assure you again, as I have done several times, that I have read up on it, and still fail to see clearly where the crime is rather than trumped up charges. If you, and several others on here, after several courteous appeals, cannot explain clearly in a few words (such an explanation seems not to be available anywhere on the internet) then I assume you don't have an answer.

Honestly, all this whining about 'google it'. I've googled it enough and got nowhere, now I'd like to discuss it with real live  human beings. If you don't want to provide the clear answers that I'm asking for - giving you the clear opportunity to state the case in no uncertain terms -  then don't reply at all.

Perhaps it might be easier, as a starting point, to acknowledge that this case is in fact politically motivated by a military junta aiming to extirpate all challenges to the establishment.

Jeeze, how about...

* Thieft

* Conspiracy to defraud

* Money Laundering

to name just a few.   You are being intentionally obtuse to the point of idiocy.  But then, that is actually your intention, is it not?

1 hour ago, ddavidovsky said:

Start here...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-news/749184/phra-dhammachayo-faces-theft-money-laundering-charges

1 hour ago, ddavidovsky said:

Receiving 1.2 billion !!!!! baht in stolen money.. yes.. the guy is innocent. :saai:

If a thief gives you back the money he stole from you that will only solve part of the problem for him.  He is still liable to be charged for stealing it.  the fact he gave back the money may be taken into account by the court in deciding sentance.  

It is a similar situation  here.

3 hours ago, harrry said:

If a thief gives you back the money he stole from you that will only solve part of the problem for him.  He is still liable to be charged for stealing it.  the fact he gave back the money may be taken into account by the court in deciding sentance.  

It is a similar situation  here.

And if only returning stolen money that has  already been  identified as such and admitted to by that return,  how  much  more is in the  questions required  to be  answered  in a court that requires his presence?

The  similarity  with  another  non  attender is  difficult  to ignore.

9 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Well here's one for starters:

Abbot Dhammachayo violated forest laws by building one of his religious facilities without a proper permit in Korat’s Khao Yai National Park, said deputy police commissioner Srivara Ransibrahmanakul. The offense is punishable by up to five years in jail.

And another were his aides admit that the money was tainted:

For receiving the 1.2 billion baht checks, DSI charged Dhammachayo with being party to embezzlement and money laundering, but the abbot’s aides insist he was not aware the donations were tainted.

This cult has 'disciples' all around the world extorting money using fear tactics.  Once in Reading UK, a 'monk' turned up at a 'merit making' gathering taking money and telling gullible Thais just how much to bring to the next meeting.  Failing to do so will put them in grave danger in their 'next life'.  This cult needs to be brought down before it becomes more powerful than it already is.

I'm pretty sure that there is compelling evidence of the charges here in Thailand.

On ‎21‎/‎2‎/‎2560 at 11:55 AM, smedly said:

maybe the king will grant him a pardon and it will be all over.