Tourists blamed for pirate goods problems as ministry heeds PM's call

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes I believe that is the current "government's" plan

Wait! Thailand already went back to 1402 in 2014. Does that mean it is back in the 1300s now? 

In any case, at least I know now when (if) I return for a holiday that faux goods are banned but the faux government, faux smiles, and simultaneously enforced happiness and enforced mourning are still on the menu and to be abided by. Its all very confusing yet  very "luring." Especially risking your life anytime you're in a vehicle, random violent crime, pollution, corruption, and general lawlessness. Sign me up! I will be there to buy luxury goods certified by Thai Customs that are fakes anyway!  If the gov't was serious they would be going after customs and shops not tourists. But, we all know what is going on. Cash cow and relatives in certain positions etc...Thailand will operate the way it has always operated. As others have stated in numerous threads over the years, just a changing of the piggies at the trough and a need to deflect blame. 

51 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Whilst that may well be true, you would be spitting the dummy if you had developed a brand of headphones and people were copying them and selling the copies for less.

Well if I was Dr Dre or Tim Cook I wouldn't <deleted> charge the consumer 300 usd for a pair of shitty headphones anyway! They only have themselves to blame.

No one is forcing you to buy their products but if you want people to think you are using Apple stuff or Beats headphones then you should buy the real thing.  

Same goes for all products whether handbags, shoes, clothes etc etc

If you can't afford to buy the real thing don't expect to walk around wearing or using the brand. 

If you were a business man you'd also understand why those original products cost $300 (actually Beats by Dre are $200), you'd understand why an LV handbag costs what it costs.  

But I doubt you understand the value of a brand, the cost of manufacturing, advertising and the reason why brands hate copyright infringement.  

You might if you had invented or designed something and were being ripped off.

There are plenty of generic brands of every product under the sun, wear that and use those if you can't afford to own the top brands.

The problem is that most people want to look like they are rich, despite all the people on here who claim that rich people are bad, the average person anywhere in the world really wants to be rich, to look rich and to act rich.   

The luxury brands have in a way been too successful in their attempt to become desired.....   people desire the products but can't afford them, so they buy fakes.

6 minutes ago, seancbk said:

No one is forcing you to buy their products but if you want people to think you are using Apple stuff or Beats headphones then you should buy the real thing.  

If you can't afford to buy the real thing don't expect to walk around wearing or using the brand. 

If you were a business man you'd also understand why those original products cost $300 (actually Beats by Dre are $200), you'd understand why an LV handbag costs what it costs.  

But I doubt you understand the value of a brand, the cost of manufacturing, advertising and the reason why brands hate copyright infringement.  

There are plenty of generic brands of every product under the sun, wear that and use those if you can't afford to own the top brands.

The problem is that most people want to look like they are rich, despite all the people on here who claim that rich people are bad, the average person anywhere in the world really wants to be rich, to look rich and to act rich.   

The luxury brands have in a way been too successful in their attempt to become desired.....   people desire the products but can't afford them, so they buy fakes.

Beats by Dre have had the components valued at less than $50 dollars so it's an image thing. I use Shure which have had good ratings for audio not style.

I live in Rayong and most of the knock off goods seem to come from Rong Kluea market, Aranyaprathet in Sa Kaeow for the market and tourist shop traders. It's a big market and does anyone know if it ever gets raided for copyright/forgeries fraud?.

8 hours ago, seancbk said:

Horse high off get your. Rearrange.

All these brands and labels absolutely deserve to be ripped off. They have no better components or materials than the fake ones but want to charge 100x more just for the <deleted> name. I would never invent something with the sole intention of ripping people off.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

8 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

All these brands and labels absolutely deserve to be ripped off. They have no better components or materials than the fake ones but want to charge 100x more just for the <deleted> name. I would never invent something with the sole intention of ripping people off.

haha I can only feel sorry for you if you believe that.

haha I can only feel sorry for you if you believe that.

This was about 3 years ago when every muppet was riding the tube with Beats canned headphones... My mate had genuine ones for about 2k hkd, about 280 usd... I bought some for 30 usd, had the whole box, velvetty packaging and even the same instruction manuals it was that good a fake... I showed him and he listened to them and didn't notice the difference until I told him they were fake!

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM, PatOngo said:

The mentality of these people bewilders me.......people in these positions can't be this stupid........can they?

To answer your question, just look around you and the state that Thailand is in.

it's way too late to even think about stopping corruption, selling sex and human trafficking, drugs, piracy, counterfeit goods, bribery, etc. in Thailand, too many people at all social levels depend on all of the above for income. The notion that pattaya's sex trade will be curtailed and it's image restored or improved is one step from hallucinatory delusion as is the author of such rubbish. Now Thailand is on the hot seat from world powers over it's involvement in human trafficking, human rights violations, piracy, etc. and the country responds by blaming someone else and talking thru their hat on purveying the notion they are diligently taking measures to eradicate all the social evils of the country.

This country is spiraling downward, run by army thugs, smiling and lying about everything. it never ends, and will never end. But okay, arrest foreign people feeding fish and playing bridge but sit idle while the most heinous of crimes are covered up, ignored, and corruption remains No.1.

10 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

This was about 3 years ago when every muppet was riding the tube with Beats canned headphones... My mate had genuine ones for about 2k hkd, about 280 usd... I bought some for 30 usd, had the whole box, velvetty packaging and even the same instruction manuals it was that good a fake... I showed him and he listened to them and didn't notice the difference until I told him they were fake!

That just shows me you have bad taste and so does your friend. Guessing you don't notice the difference between a real iPhone or a Chinese one either.

Edited by anotheruser

That just shows me you have bad taste and so does your friend. Guessing you don't notice the difference between a real iPhone or a Chinese one either.

I don't use Beats... The sound is shit... I only bought as a gimmick.

All iPhones are Chinese. And the xiaomi or vivo or oppo phones are just as good at a third of the price of a phone with no earphone jack lol. No need to buy a fake iPhone when genuine better than Apple smartphones are just stupidly cheap.

6 hours ago, ianf said:

How stupid.

First of all let's answer the poster who says "Fake is affordable..." Perhaps but by buying Fakes you are participating in theft. You don't have to buy the "real" thing: Just avoid it and buy something else. I don't want and don't buy fake brans and contribute to the pockets of people who are basically criminal thieves.

Secondly: Tourists? Don't make me laugh! How about all those little Thai girls driving around on their motorbikes with fake Louis Vuitton? How about all the Thai cyclists buying Fake Oakleys? And on and on it goes.

How about the expats buying fakes from China such as Fake Pinarellos and Fake Time bicycles. OMG! Yes, some expats and some tourists buy Fakes but it's the Thais that consume the large majority of this sh**.

Just tell the Chinese manufacturers to design their own brands - they'll make more money and everyone will be happy. Except those little Thai girls who want to look "Hi So" with their fake handbags that, if real, would have cost more than their motorbikes.

Ruddy nonsense if you ask me.

You must have a sensible wife, good for you. For those of us married to "brand whores", I can tell you that off brand goods get ZERO respect from women wearing fake or real top brand goods. The root of the problem is that LV, Gucci, etc makes their goods so desirable and equally unobtainable that it creates a black market boom that won't go away - no matter how much sense is applied, because we're dealing with women here!

25 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

I don't use Beats... The sound is shit... I only bought as a gimmick.

All iPhones are Chinese. And the xiaomi or vivo or oppo phones are just as good at a third of the price of a phone with no earphone jack lol. No need to buy a fake iPhone when genuine better than Apple smartphones are just stupidly cheap.

Okay. So the article is right and foreigners like you are the reason piracy continues to be profitable?

2 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

All these brands and labels absolutely deserve to be ripped off. They have no better components or materials than the fake ones but want to charge 100x more just for the fxxxxxg name. I would never invent something with the sole intention of ripping people off.

If you don't care about the name go and buy some cheap alternative.    No-one is forcing you to buy the expensive branded item.

But.... 

No business deserves to get ripped off just because you think they shouldn't be allowed to make profits.  

You are just another person griping about the cost of things that lots of people can afford, but which you will never be able to buy without resorting to fakes and you justify that by claiming they charge too much and must be making too much money.

Well let me clue you in, there is nothing wrong with making lots of money.   But there is a lot wrong with being bitter and jealous of people that do.

It gets better by the day! 

I really ought to buy some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.... 

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried to.

Damned if you spend your holidays here and damned if you don't. 

Edited by djayz

11 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

First they are going to shut down the sex industry

then the fake products industry

What next?

Many tourists are going to go elsewhere

Shut down the sex industry,and they may as well close all the golf courses at the same time.

All it adds up to,is less tourists,a lot o unemployed Thai's and an increase in crime.

T.I.T.

11 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

First they are going to shut down the sex industry

then the fake products industry

What next?

Many tourists are going to go elsewhere

You forget, many islands have been closed to tourists, the sun loungers removed from the beaches along with refreshment sellers etc and its open season snatching on tourists wearing jewellery, never mind the double pricing etc etc.

TAT still say tourist numbers are on the up, delusion I think.

I recall once tourists being blamed for trash on the beach too!

Imagine, plane-loads of tourist bringing their cases full of trash from their own country.

And that very day I watched a beach chair vendor clean up his patch, flinging all the collected trash into the sea to be washed up elsewhere.