Girlfriend sacked for stealing perfume - how would you feel?

paulsingle

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Sorry Dave, had to Google him !
Way before my time emoji51.png

Hi Andy.

Our Edgar used to have a show on early TV. I remember watching him as a kid,at my grandads house.It started with him in a chair with loads of cigar smoke covering the screen and it was called 'The Edgar Lustgarten hour. And he used to delve into murders and the like. Avid Fans like my mum and dad loved it.After that, a few years later came 'The Alfred Hitchcock hour, same same.

3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

We used to super-glue a 50pence coin to the floor, in our local pub and watch the idiots try to nick it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to dig holes by kids we never liked get a load of dog foul slap it in the hole put a load of wrapped boiled sweets on top and wait and wait and arrrggghhh mom mom help

10 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This! all over a drop/or two of perfume. The next thing we know,Edgar Lustgarten will be exhumed to settle it.Anyone remember the Edgar Lustgarten show?

True, it wasn't much to steal, but let's be honest if it was a man who stole it this thread would read very differently.

Women, being the fairer sex, are cut a lot of slack in life. They are assumed innocent. Even when found guilty, they are *usually* given a slap on the wrists.

If it had been a man, the police would probably be involved (or at least some people on this forum would be advocating it).

Men are guilty til proven innocent. And because of that, I notice, men are often more careful about their actions. They expect to be blamed.

Women don't expect this. The OP's GF didn't.

She carried the perfume tube for 2 years. I wonder if she has been in the habit of filling it up (with other people's perfume) this whole time? Just a thought. Maybe not. One thing I am certain about: it's not the first time she did this.

To the OP: it's only been 2 years. I hope it works out, but let us know in another 2 years.

How many guys here thought they knew their GF after 2 years? And then after 4 years they had a totally different perspective?  Show of hands, please.

4 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

True, it wasn't much to steal, but let's be honest if it was a man who stole it this thread would read very differently.

Women, being the fairer sex, are cut a lot of slack in life. They are assumed innocent. Even when found guilty, they are *usually* given a slap on the wrists.

If it had been a man, the police would probably be involved (or at least some people on this forum would be advocating it).

Men are guilty til proven innocent. And because of that, I notice, men are often more careful about their actions. They expect to be blamed.

Women don't expect this. The OP's GF didn't.

She carried the perfume tube for 2 years. I wonder if she has been in the habit of filling it up (with other people's perfume) this whole time? Just a thought. Maybe not. One thing I am certain about: it's not the first time she did this.

To the OP: it's only been 2 years. I hope it works out, but let us know in another 2 years.

How many guys here thought they knew their GF after 2 years? And then after 4 years they had a totally different perspective?  Show of hands, please.

This is a well thought out post. It is the voice of reason.I do agree that women are given too much slack. If my wife was the accused, i would immediately take her side, because i would want to believe that,as long as i have known her, she has never stolen from me, but i would be biased.

We never truly know our wives, we never really know what they are thinking. I had a good friend who was a top male model in the 60/70's.In the Carnaby street years. Quite famous, met Tom Jones and a number of stars and celebrities. Came here bought an 18,000,000 baht house,now worth about 30 mill. It had its own lake, sleeping arrangements for the servants and a 30 metre swimming pool. Married a woman. After 15 years, there was a knock on the door, Debt collectors claimed she owed  12 million baht, playing cards. He was told to sell the house PDQ or it would not go well with him.The Thai guy also suggested that he put a GPS on his wife's car.This he did.He found out that the cards going to the same address every day. Cut a long story, she had another man who was taking money from her. He ended up having to sell his place for nothing like what he paid for it. His wife left him (after 15 bloody y)ears.

Can we honestly say we know our women?

It's a true, Jewish saying. "Its a wise man, that knows his own father"

• 9 months later...

If anyone is still interested our life together has just got better and better.

I love her more every day.

She is with me in the UK for her 2nd visit but this latest visa is "visit - marriage/civil partnership".

We married here in the UK in October and are heading back to Thailand in 12 days time.

Later this year I intend to apply for a spouse visa and start the process of settlement in the UK.

Her love, loyalty and devotion amazes me. She is more honest than most people I know. She is also less greedy than most people I know.

Thank goodness I made the right decision.

I think in general we should not judge people by one thing or even the worst thing they ever did. I.e. I have a friend who was a few years in jail. I knew him before jail and he was my friend and I see him now and he is still my friend. Personally for me nothing changed.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think in general we should not judge people by one thing or even the worst thing they ever did. I.e. I have a friend who was a few years in jail. I knew him before jail and he was my friend and I see him now and he is still my friend. Personally for me nothing changed.

Maybe it might depend what he's in jail for, not sure I'd want to keep a child molester or rapist as a friend.

On 2/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, paulsingle said:

If anyone is still interested our life together has just got better and better.

I love her more every day.

She is with me in the UK for her 2nd visit but this latest visa is "visit - marriage/civil partnership".

We married here in the UK in October and are heading back to Thailand in 12 days time.

Later this year I intend to apply for a spouse visa and start the process of settlement in the UK.

Her love, loyalty and devotion amazes me. She is more honest than most people I know. She is also less greedy than most people I know.

Thank goodness I made the right decision.

Does anyone else feel nauseous reading this drivel? Good grief!

Just now, sharktooth said:

No. I like post continuation and it's nice to know even after the issue OP outlined a year ago, that things have got better on all fronts. Fair play Paul. Maybe time to change your name to Paulhandcuffs though. Congrats.

21 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

It would obviously be much more exiting to read that they split up, almost killed each others, came together again, split up again, etc.

If you want that why don't you look soap operas or read all the threads about people with problem?

I thinks it's good to read that some relationships are happy and get happier. Wonderful, enjoy your life!

9 hours ago, sharktooth said:

I admit, I did.

Men can be such morons. This is the stuff you write about your mother, not your girlfriend.

She is the bestest, most honest and least greedy people he knows. All this after the OP started a thread about his gf being accused of theft and fired.

As usual, she'll do just fine in UK. The OP like so many before him will not be able to move on.

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I admit, I did.

Men can be such morons. This is the stuff you write about your mother, not your girlfriend.

She is the bestest, most honest and least greedy people he knows. All this after the OP started a thread about his gf being accused of theft and fired.

As usual, she'll do just fine in UK. The OP like so many before him will not be able to move on.

You could write something similar along the lines of your Mrs put a 7 inch cleaver through your skull and you survived and you are both living happily ever after.

Archived