Kindergarten teachers bound and blindfolded five year olds "to teach them to concentrate"

webfact

6 hours ago, Lingba said:

What the "<deleted>" is the matter with this country and their stupid ass backward educational system?...This is hideous!..No wonder why kids come out of schools in this country so lost...

I taught English to Grade 2 students at a large bi-lingual school in Bangkok.  I can attest that while corporal punishment is officially illegal, it is commonly used by teacher to discipline children.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Lingba said:

What the "<deleted>" is the matter with this country and their stupid ass backward educational system?...This is hideous!..No wonder why kids come out of schools in this country so lost...

No wonder I homeschool my son instead of sending him into the hands of these barbarians.

4 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Yes, when she's wacking him with a coat hangar round the legs she has a hold of him. My son punches and kicks out at my wife so she will release him. He's only 11, I don't think it hurts too much. I don't get involved. Daddy cool. Very, very rarely have I ever had to discipline him. My way is the best. I run after him, screaming and shouting "Come here, come here, I'm going to kill you!" He's faster and gets away. I go home wait and an hour later he's back home saying sorry. Obviously it upsets the neighbours a bit. But its a rare event.

The reality of what goes on in every home. 

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Teachers are supposed to be looked up to, admired, and respected by the children and their parent for their hard work and dedication to a honourable profession.

What future is there for this country when all these people have as role models in society are Teachers such as these moronic scum.

Honourable profession? There are many good and dedicated teachers, but the system is in my opinion all wrong in that it is not dedicated to developing children's potential, but designed to turn them into little cogs in the establishment's machinery.

The educational system is also (mis-)used to indoctrinate children with the lies that keep this corrupt and evil society going for the benefit of the psychopaths who run the show. Childhood and education have been hijacked by the psychopathic elites all over the world. They just can't risk letting children grow up into intelligent, independently thinking adults. Vaccination programmes are also an integral part of this, being designed to impair children's health and normal brain development. People who believe that vaccines prevent diseases are themselves victims of the brainwashing I am talking about.

In Thailand schools, "Teacher Respect Day" is celebrated once a year. The children bring a flower arrangement for their teacher, and as part of the ceremony, children kneel on the floor facing their teacher, then - at a signal given - have to bow down so that their forehead touches the ground. As far as I am concerned, this has more to do with programming children to bow down to authority than respecting teachers. I love Thai children, but the school where I was teaching was run more like a mental asylum than something I would associate with real education. 

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

Yes, then the teacher loses their break. 

Have a party with 30 kids for 6 hours with no break and no helpers.

Add 1 autistic child and 1 ADD child. 

Stir in a couple of crying  kids. 

Mix in some games, arts. Add writing, math and science.

Sing songs. 

Serve to feed all of them, brush their teeth, comb their hair.

More games, more arts.

Next clear all dishes, sweep the floor, mop the floor, clean the toilets, clean up the vomit, wipe up the piss . 

finally smile when the parents come late to give you a rest. 

do that everyday for a week. 

you will know the pressure kindergarten teachers are under. 

they all make mistakes sometimes. 

Such  teachers  are  not  volunteers are they? Did they  not  choose an occupation?

Few occupations  involving interaction with people in  a  social sense are easy. 

And the idea  of teaching a  5  year old concentration  by  binding and  blindfolding is more likely to be  a vindictive unprofessional  backlash to compensate  for ineffective occupational  skills. 

Perhaps  some aspects of this  explain the  behaviour of  many young  people and more?

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Speak for yourself.  We don't beat our children.

Strongly recommend you try to ignore greenchair - the same poster who defended a recent video of a monk beating the shit out of a young lad with a cane for a few minutes.

Unfortunately given his rabid interest in child assault stories, anecdotal teacher related stories, and pained assertions that today's youth are out of control, I suspect he is one :saai: - evidently not in any way a good one though.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

12 hours ago, sugarcane24 said:

Honourable profession? There are many good and dedicated teachers, but the system is in my opinion all wrong in that it is not dedicated to developing children's potential, but designed to turn them into little cogs in the establishment's machinery.

The educational system is also (mis-)used to indoctrinate children with the lies that keep this corrupt and evil society going for the benefit of the psychopaths who run the show. Childhood and education have been hijacked by the psychopathic elites all over the world. They just can't risk letting children grow up into intelligent, independently thinking adults. Vaccination programmes are also an integral part of this, being designed to impair children's health and normal brain development. People who believe that vaccines prevent diseases are themselves victims of the brainwashing I am talking about.

In Thailand schools, "Teacher Respect Day" is celebrated once a year. The children bring a flower arrangement for their teacher, and as part of the ceremony, children kneel on the floor facing their teacher, then - at a signal given - have to bow down so that their forehead touches the ground. As far as I am concerned, this has more to do with programming children to bow down to authority than respecting teachers. I love Thai children, but the school where I was teaching was run more like a mental asylum than something I would associate with real education. 

I spent 25 years working in various schools/colleges/unis in Thailand and couldn't agree more.

18 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

I am not talking about languages; I am talking about a spelling system. HUGE difference! Speaking of literacy,...

There is teaching and there is teaching efficiency and keeping the children's interest. IN the case of English spelling, there is a lot of compromises made to intersect the two criteria mentioned and while Dick and Jane-like books are very efficient most others cannot do the job. No matter what method, pedagogy, teaching to read and spell takes a lot of time, even with the best trained teacher. Actually, computers might be more efficient, but, hush, don't tell anyone. LOL

I do believe these children  are Thai and the  teachers  are Thai. No mention of  any  bewilderment  about  English  spelling although it is possible . 

8 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

The interesting part of this child abuse case is that two teachers both agreed to bound the 5 year old girls. A team decision. It beggars the question what had they done to these harmless toddlers in the past year and other children previous years.

Although I agree with Greenchair that a female kindergarten teacher be allowed to discipline the Thai way.

My wife is always discipling my naughty son. When he was a toddler she would get a long stem out of a nearby bush, take off the leaves and whip his legs. Now he's 11 she occasionally gives him a wack with a clothes hanger. He also gives back a bit to. Thumping and kicking. It reminds me of when I grew up. Big brother beating me up any chance he could get and if you say got in trouble with the police your dad would take the belt to you.

She is lucky she is not my wife and as for yourself, you must be a really screwed up person allowing it. 

" But the matter will not end there. Narong Meuanchart, the deputy education department chief in Surin Region 2, said that a committee has been set up to investigate the matter further and take appropriate action against those involved. "

Translation: they want their cut.

10 hours ago, greenchair said:

Now that discipline has been all but banned in schools the teachers come up with ways that in hindsight were not a great idea. 

Ministries/ parents that do not discipline their kids, do not give teachers any alternative technics to follow. All of the children cannot learn and suffer greatly because of the one undisciplined child. In my country the teachers lost their jobs for locking the kids in a time out room. The story is. ..my kid is gifted, that's why he bites, kicks, runs around the class, refuses to follow the schedule. 

Or my kid is bored, she doesn't want to write or do math like the other kids  .  Or you must talk to him, explain why he is wrong, whilst 30 other kids are sat nicely waiting for the lesson.  In my day a kid stopped biting when the teacher bit them back. We got the cane on the palm of our hand. We were not allowed to play if we did not finish work and the parents wanted their kids well disciplined.

Wow, and just look how you turned out.  All warm and sympathetic to 5 year olds being mistreated.

Greenchair said:

"you will know the pressure kindergarten teachers are under. 

they all make mistakes sometimes".

But this was not a 'spur of the moment' mistake.  The kids had their hands tied and were blindfolded with tape, which must have taken more than a few seconds to carry out.  If done by a kidnapper, this would be an extremely serious offence but apparently you seem to think that it is perfectly in order for a teacher to do so when the child is in her care?  

I do this sometimes with my Thai girlfriend and you know it works.

But she is a consenting adult.

Oh I almost forgot,  tie the teachers to the back of a pick up truck and drag them around the village 10 times.

Next case.

Edited by NCC1701A

12 hours ago, greenchair said:

Yes, then the teacher loses their break. 

Have a party with 30 kids for 6 hours with no break and no helpers.

Add 1 autistic child and 1 ADD child. 

Stir in a couple of crying  kids. 

Mix in some games, arts. Add writing, math and science.

Sing songs. 

Serve to feed all of them, brush their teeth, comb their hair.

More games, more arts.

Next clear all dishes, sweep the floor, mop the floor, clean the toilets, clean up the vomit, wipe up the piss . 

finally smile when the parents come late to give you a rest. 

do that everyday for a week. 

you will know the pressure kindergarten teachers are under. 

they all make mistakes sometimes. 

Everything that you, a teacher, seem to be complaining about is called doing the job of the teacher, what do you expect your job to entail?

Opportunistic, greedy parents saw an opportunity for some quick cash.

THIS CAN NEVER BE CONDONED, but paying the parents is not a solution, and has the potential to create a precedent in which parents put out their hands for any perceived/imagined injustice against their kids.

In many circumstances, parents abrogate their parental responsibilities, handing over responsibility to teachers for what they should have been doing for their kids.

Tough job, and one for which I would never have the patience.

Edited by F4UCorsair
typo

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Everything that you, a teacher, seem to be complaining about is called doing the job of the teacher, what do you expect your job to entail?

What I expect is for schools and parents to have a list of approved/clear disciplinary measures that teachers can follow. 

I expect parents to discipline their children to a reasonable standard that they don't cause mayhem at school (because they are "special ")

I expect the schools to provide a support person to deal with disruptive children so the teacher and students can focus on the task of learning. 

I expect the parents of these children to pay for that. 

I expect the schools to provide 1 assistant per 10 kids instead of 1 teacher per 30 kids with no help. 

I expect the teacher to be given reasonable breaks throughout the day. 

I expect parents to realize , it is not the teachers job to teach personal hygiene, how to go to toilet, how to clean your arse, how use manners, how to get along with other children, how to behave yourself, and so on. 

I expect that parents, and schools to stop dumping all the responsibility on the teacher with an attitude of that's your job. 

Because it isn't. 

1 minute ago, USPatriot said:

Or they could get a quality education where the kids run the schools

And the kids could bind and blindfold all the useless teachers as they consider necessary - yep, that would work and sort out a few of the useless teachers. 

19 hours ago, Lingba said:

I was living at Lat Phrao BKK, in the '70s, and there was a school located there who gave my Thai step daughter as punishment 2 hours standing in the burning sun, under the flagmast, at 1400 hrs afternoon.

Man. I was livid and wanted to confront the teachers but got restrained by family as it would make matters worse, their words.

Good luck it did not happen to a kid I know - the teacher would be definite history - for good. Go seriously public with what happens in all those s"*ç%y classrooms all over Thailand.

But then again, the bottle neck is on top of the bottle and as long as those who could change things benefit directly from leaving things the way they always were .....

Thailand - quo vadis? 

What I expect is for schools and parents to have a list of approved/clear disciplinary measures that teachers can follow. 

I expect parents to discipline their children to a reasonable standard that they don't cause mayhem at school (because they are "special ")

I expect the schools to provide a support person to deal with disruptive children so the teacher and students can focus on the task of learning. 

I expect the parents of these children to pay for that. 

I expect the schools to provide 1 assistant per 10 kids instead of 1 teacher per 30 kids with no help. 

I expect the teacher to be given reasonable breaks throughout the day. 

I expect parents to realize , it is not the teachers job to teach personal hygiene, how to go to toilet, how to clean your arse, how use manners, how to get along with other children, how to behave yourself, and so on. 

I expect that parents, and schools to stop dumping all the responsibility on the teacher with an attitude of that's your job. 

Because it isn't. 

I quoted your post in full because, if you're talking about KG children, many of the points you list ARE part of the responsibility of the teacher.

Most schools will have a list of 'consequences' (not punishment), that are applied if the child breaks the classroom rules.  Your job as a teacher is to make sure that all your students understand these rules and understand the consequences of breaking the rules. (If no rules are published, then it is part of your job to create a list of classroom rules about acceptable behaviour, such as 'don't run', 'don't shout out' etc, and explain WHY these rules exist and what is the consequence of breaking them).

Some children will cause 'mayhem' in school, for a variety of reasons.  One of your responsibilities as a teacher is to educate that child about why it is not acceptable to cause mayhem, and what is acceptable behaviour in class.  (I find KG and young kids the easiest to teach about this, because they are very receptive to encouragement from the teacher, particularly so if the teacher has gained their trust)

Don't accept the job of teacher if you are not confident or experienced enough to manage a class of kids without a teaching assistant - you can't assume that you'll always have an assistant.  I work with classes of 25 (admittedly not a large number) KG children, without any assistant, and one or two of these students will have ADHD or some behavioural issues.  It's no big deal to an experienced teacher.

'it is not the teachers job to teach personal hygiene, how to go to toilet, how to clean your arse, how use manners, how to get along with other children, how to behave yourself, and so on.'

Well, IMHO you're wrong here on several points.  For the youngest of students who may have toilet problems, you can always find a female teacher to take them to the toilet.  But the 'how use manners, how to get along with other children, how to behave yourself' IS part of your responsibility as a teacher.  It is often referred to as 'Citizenship', and involves teaching the students how to treat and help others, how to behave in class, outside class, outside the school, in the city, in the country etc.  It is all part of the learning process in how to behave and treat your fellow person, and that is definitely part of the responsibilities of a teacher.

I agree that parents also share many of these responsibilities, because learning does not end when the school bell sounds.  

fascinating to read comments from farlang so sequestered in some kind of farlang area.... they have no idea what the purpose of the school system is....

let alone grasping that in spite of the fact that the higher diglossia ***does*** have a writing system.... it shows no signs of ever having evolved for literacy....

it's not Thailand that's amazing. it's the farlang that live in some kind of vacuum while actually being present here physically that is amazing... because they have no excuses for not opening their eyes a little wider.

Edited by maewang99

Seems this binding the hands and feet of young children doesn't just happen in Thailand. Many teachers have been caught doing it in the UK alone. I suppose you'd like a link to back my post up. Try looking on facebook for the list of child abusers and paedophiles in the UK.

And in my opinion when a foreign teacher teaches kindergarten it is completely different set up than when a Thai teaches kindergarten.

How can a foreign teacher look after a class of even 5 students under 5 years old if he doesn't speak Thai? And who is going to allow their child under 5 years old to be looked after by just an English teacher not a trained kindergarten teacher.
It's hard enough to look after 1 under 5 year old. And the big question is this:-
Who would allow a male kindergarten teacher to look after a classroom full on 25 kids without any assistant or Thai teacher? Washing the private areas of young girls and boys. The parents are going to allow you to do that! A foreign man the parents hardly know. Come on.

14 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Seems this binding the hands and feet of young children doesn't just happen in Thailand. Many teachers have been caught doing it in the UK alone. I suppose you'd like a link to back my post up. Try looking on facebook for the list of child abusers and paedophiles in the UK.

And in my opinion when a foreign teacher teaches kindergarten it is completely different set up than when a Thai teaches kindergarten.

How can a foreign teacher look after a class of even 5 students under 5 years old if he doesn't speak Thai? And who is going to allow their child under 5 years old to be looked after by just an English teacher not a trained kindergarten teacher.
It's hard enough to look after 1 under 5 year old. And the big question is this:-
Who would allow a male kindergarten teacher to look after a classroom full on 25 kids without any assistant or Thai teacher? Washing the private areas of young girls and boys. The parents are going to allow you to do that! A foreign man the parents hardly know. Come on.

When and where specifically have teachers in the U.K. been found blindfolding and gagging children under their care?